1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
Kartikdon wrote:
Three Dragons will be placed on the suggested items but is it worthy of putting it as a highly recommended piece?

Kind of personal preference I guess, the dps boost from shocked enemies is pretty significant, losing Hp+resists/evasion/armor on one piece of gear kind of sucks though

edit: I guess it does have 30 prismatic, so that isn't bad at all
Last edited by Riverside77 on May 6, 2014, 11:03:29 PM
Can people running this build post their current equipment? I'm interested in what people's load-outs look like.
testing is getting expensive haha.... I had sooo many people keep asking about Wings of Entropy and wanted number so here is the results:

So currently Wings of Entropy is a bust:

almost a 1.4k tool tip drop compared to

another thing is the 2h is pure phys so that means more projectile dmg. The defense of WoE is not worth the change. On a timed test WoE had almost 1/2 the kill speed of the 2h. I paid 10 chaos for my WoE vs 1ex for the 2h.

Also

is totally worth it. The more I test , the more I love it.
Last edited by Kartikdon on May 7, 2014, 1:11:46 AM
trying single hand and shield for more survivability in later game.

currently using

damage 1.2k
Spoiler

damage 1.4k
Spoiler

Not sure if i should kill all bandit in cruel and take water dancing with (18% physical damage with 1h+20DEX)

BTW my current gear

Spoiler

using anger + vitality on mana
and 5L
MS + BM + LL + MS + WED
Guys, im confused about taking Point blank.

Its says that projectiles will do less damage at far distance but as far as i know molten strike projectiles do SPLASH damage when they LANDED (basicly at the end of their fly distance) and do no damage when they fly. So basicly Point blank just reduce overall damage?
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:

Its says that projectiles will do less damage at far distance but as far as i know molten strike projectiles do SPLASH damage when they LANDED (basicly at the end of their fly distance) and do no damage when they fly. So basicly Point blank just reduce overall damage?

Actually they (projectiles) will always do 50% MORE damage if you have point blank. Reason being: this 'distance' is taken from where the projectiles originate i.e. the initial melee hit. And since they barely travel from that point its always within the maximum damage range for point blank.
Alright, I am currently a lvl 76 duelist using this build like i said previously I am using a tabula. I was also using shock stacks + three dragons helm before it got cool :(. Here is my gear and tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAnEEswUtDjwUIBRNFHEZhRo4GlUabB0UJKonLymlMn4yiTboNuk6Ukd-Sn1OKlXGVvpXDVfiWfNbr18_YEthIWSjZU1mnmegZ71qHmqTbmlyqXRBdO1253fleu982YTZhO-Haod2j0aQVZBskc6ZK5uhns2fy6IApKykwqcwp4SoGKloqZSrxayqr422QbvtvJ-9gb6nwA_AGs9l0ND

I am running MS + BM + Multi + Fire Pen + WED + LL
I currently have 8.9k tooltip with hatred and 7.5k without.
Personally I dislike using concentrated effect on maps because for me it severly cuts my trash mob clear speed due to not hitting many monsters at a time. However, I sometimes keep it in my inventory and switch it for Fire Pen when i'm fighting bosses.
Last edited by Ali_B on May 7, 2014, 3:50:01 AM
"
Absolutista wrote:
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:

Actually they (projectiles) will always do 50% MORE damage if you have point blank. Reason being: this 'distance' is taken from where the projectiles originate i.e. the initial melee hit. And since they barely travel from that point its always within the maximum damage range for point blank.

No no, you didn't understood my message. My point was like this:

Point blank do 50% more damage at close distance and damage goes down as projectile travels further, right? Meanwhile Molten strike projectile does damage only when its landed and exploded, right? But when molten strike projectile lands it means the end of it travel distance so point blank just decrease its damage actually.

Yes its increase damage for arrows and EK but because they do damage while its travel.
Isn't the damage of the projectile with Point Blank calculated from where it origined? Shouldn't matter if it's at the "end" of its (the projectiles) travel distance or not, as long as it's close to where it oritinated from you should get the damage bonus.

Also: "The Point Blank effect only works with projectile attacks, such as those made with a bow or wand. It does apply to Lightning Strike's and Molten Strike's projectiles, but won't work on spells like Ethereal Knives and Freezing Pulse." (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Point_Blank)
"
Aedax wrote:
Isn't the damage of the projectile with Point Blank calculated from where it origined? Shouldn't matter if it's at the "end" of its (the projectiles) travel distance or not, as long as it's close to where it oritinated from you should get the damage bonus.

Also: "The Point Blank effect only works with projectile attacks, such as those made with a bow or wand. It does apply to Lightning Strike's and Molten Strike's projectiles, but won't work on spells like Ethereal Knives and Freezing Pulse." (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Point_Blank)

Yeah, EK is my bad but you got confused by short travel distance of MS projectiles. But its still travels! So their damage reduces as they travel.

We really need someone from GGG to comment on this .
Last edited by Dharmatrooper on May 7, 2014, 5:59:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info