1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
Rovian wrote:
Fair enough i thought it was really cool and it did decent damage so i thought id ask. anyways since you said probably not best to go for faith and steel. What do you think of coming down from elemental adaptation and going for celestial walker all the way round to amplify and then grabbing the regen and life nodes there?

EDIT: Another question would you be able to explain to me exactly what point blank does and how it helps this build? I'm really unsure on what it does exactly ;D

It is cool and AoF can add a lot of damage, but you have to be able to generate a lot of Fire Penetration for it to really be effective (Curse + Fire Pen gem). If you want to go that route, you want to go up through the HP section in Templar and around, not down from Ele Adaptation. However I do not recommend it. Spending those passives on increasing your physical damage will provide quite a bit more damage.

Scroll up on the last page and read for everything you want to know about Point Blank!
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on May 7, 2014, 11:26:50 AM
After doing more reading up on Molten Strike and Physical Projectile Attack Damage, I am beginning to think it might actually make an ideal 6th link.

Assuming I am correct that projectiles work the exact same way as the initial hit less 40% damage, IE: They do 120% base damage, 40% Phys + 60% Fire, then 40% less. PPAD would scale both the Physical (pre-conversion) and the bonus from Hatred on the projectiles and I'm pretty sure the attack speed reduction won't actually apply.

This means that at lv20 it will looks like this:

With PPAD: 120% * (1 + 0.49 - 0.4) = 131% Physical, 40% phys 60% fire.
No PPAD: 120% * (1 - 0.4) = 72% Physical, 40% phys 60% fire.
Last edited by Dmillz on May 7, 2014, 11:41:12 AM
"
Dmillz wrote:
After doing more reading up on Molten Strike and Physical Projectile Attack Damage, I am beginning to think it might actually make an ideal 6th link.

Assuming I am correct that projectiles work the exact same way as the initial hit less 40% damage, IE: They do 120% base damage, 40% Phys + 60% Fire, then 40% less. PPAD would scale both the Physical (pre-conversion) and the bonus from Hatred on the projectiles and I'm pretty sure the attack speed reduction won't actually apply.

This means that at lv20 it will looks like this:

With PPAD: 120% * (1 + 0.49 - 0.4) = 131% Physical, 40% phys 60% fire.
No PPAD: 120% * (1 - 0.4) = 72% Physical, 40% phys 60% fire.

Sounds about right man. But I'd still take Pcoc for a 6th. Since I'm misking last weeks build (binos+adders) with this so Im going crit dagger nodes.
So Id have 5 charges endgame
Here is my current gear. I don't have all my gems set up properly yet, but can anyone suggest gear upgrades? I'm having a bit of trouble surviving in merciless. Those tentacle things that shoot fire darts absolutely CHEW me up if there are too many of them. Also magic mobs are a bit of trouble if I get in the middle of them even when enfeeble is cast and I pop a granite flask.

Last edited by Route1 on May 7, 2014, 2:13:20 PM
"
Route1 wrote:
Here is my current gear. I don't have all my gems set up properly yet, but can anyone suggest gear upgrades? I'm having a bit of trouble surviving in merciless. Those tentacle things that shoot fire darts absolutely CHEW me up if there are too many of them. Also magic mobs are a bit of trouble if I get in the middle of them even when enfeeble is cast and I pop a granite flask.

First, please edit your post so it isn't 500ft tall. As for your gear, I would test out LGoH gem, I find it to be quite a bit more effective than Life Leech (for now!). Are you resist capped? Almost none of your gear has good resists, this is your #1 priority. What is your HP? Gear looks decent for that. Lastly I would look into getting a faster weapon, it will help you survive by not being locked in place while using Multistrike.

But seriously, resists (especially those boots).
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Route1 wrote:

First, please edit your post so it isn't 500ft tall. As for your gear, I would test out LGoH gem, I find it to be quite a bit more effective than Life Leech (for now!). Are you resist capped? Almost none of your gear has good resists, this is your #1 priority. What is your HP? Gear looks decent for that. Lastly I would look into getting a faster weapon, it will help you survive by not being locked in place while using Multistrike.

Agreed and get a pure phys dmg weapon. Realisticly people should getting a 450 to 475 pdps... ideally 500+ pdps if you got the coin. I run LL with my 2h but I do more dps then dmillz 1h set up.

Sorry for the poor edit, on my phone

Dmillz I miss my dw set up :( why do it have to be a massive dps loss why!?
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Route1 wrote:

(All of this is with grace and hatred running)

DPS: 836.6
Molten Strike DPS: 4,065
HP: 4,371
Life regeneration: 213.6
Armor: 5,204
Damage Reduction: 43%
Attacks per second: 1.18

Resistances:

Fire: 30%
Cold: -9%
Lightning: 18%
Chaos: -45%

So yeah...maybe thats why I'm getting stomped sometimes...my resistances are terrible. I'll looks for boots and gloves with big life and resistances on them. Maybe find two prismatic rings with big life and resits too. maybe that will solve it.

Cap resists first, then worry about hp, then dmg. If it costs you a big drop in hp to cap resists do it.

I find two stone rings easier to cap resistance usually
Last edited by Kartikdon on May 7, 2014, 2:33:45 PM
"
Kartikdon wrote:
Dmillz I miss my dw set up :( why do it have to be a massive dps loss why!?

Because if it wasn't it would be the OP thing in the game :P

@Route1: Damn those resists make me flinch. Everything except for Chaos should be maxed. Do this at the expense of HP and armor if you need to (within reason). Resists are the most important defensive stat! I figure you only need to replace your everything but weapon + chest :P. Also test LGoH vs LL, Kartikdon can run LL because his 2H weapon is a beast and he hits a lot harder so he can leech way more.

Edit: Run purity of elements instead of Grace if you can. This will make a HUGE difference, especially before you can get better gear.
Last edited by Dmillz on May 7, 2014, 2:35:24 PM
Yeah, going to have to farm for a bit for currency to buy better gear, though. Until then I'll just have to throw on two prismatic rings and buy purity of elements.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info