1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

"
dro_13 wrote:
as 1h + shield what's best reward on cruel kraityn or oak

Kraityn will give significantly more DPS if you're not running Frenzy charges. If you are, its probably still Kraityn but its not going to be as clearcut.
"
Ali_B wrote:
I have a 6l tabula, and I was wondering what u guys think about running GMP, it would be a bit better for trash clearing quicker since molten strike is a bit lackluster in clearing due to the relatively small aoe. Also if u chuck in a concentrated effect in with GMP so that most of the projectiles shotgun, it could be insane for single target as well.
EDIT: It would also help for reflect but hurt more for lightning thorns.

Assuming you mean for levelling, I would run Molten Strike + WED + Multistrike + Conc Effect + LGoH + Blood Magic. If you pick up Blood Magic keystone you could run a damage support instead but there's really no point since you'll just be wrecking everything anyway, better to be able to run some defensive auras (Grace or Determination, and Vitality, probably).
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 6, 2014, 12:57:20 PM
ahhh they updated the wiki. LGoH applies to the projectiles. That's awesome. Means if they hit more than 1 enemy you get more than one return. Sweet
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
So I have a level 79 Templar that got a passive respec and I never bothered with him. Today I got a marohi in a trade so I figured why not try this out.

First off, I really like the skill the animation it is really cool. My gem is only level 10 and tool tip dps is like ~5500 w/ hatred on. All my resistances are capped and I have ~4800 life I think

My gear is:

I know the amulet is kind of crap but I didn't have another one.

I am using Molten strike + weapon ele + blood magic + Life leech + Multi strike.

So the problem is, I died a a few times in low level maps, like WHITE 68's lol..... This was solo also.

Just seems some times You can't keep up on the amount of damage or something, I'm not entirely sure.

Like I know my face breaker guy who has ~6k life and 15k tooltip dps w/ infernal blow can tank basically anything. Obviously 3x the DPS really helps clear stuff faster. Also I have 70% block chance on that build which really helps I guess. So it seems being two handed is definitely a "weakness" of this build.

Passive tree looks like this right now: basically what it shows in the guide except I am a Templar.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswUtDjwPVBRNFHEVIBmFGjgaVRpsG8gj9iSqJy8ppSzpMn4yiTboNuk6Uj38QKBDMURySn1OKlb6Vw1X4lnzWkhbr14TXz9gS2EhZKNmnmegah5qk3KpdEF07Xbnd-V673zZgziExITvh3aKdIzPkAqQVZHOnrmfy6IApKykwqeEqBipaKyqr422QbvtvJ_AD8Aa0iHV7d0N42rjn-oY7DjuDu8O73zv8PAf8i_z3fZI9zL46_rS_MU=
Last edited by Riverside77 on May 6, 2014, 1:59:02 PM
Having some survivability issues on Merciless at level 71. Then again I don't have cast on damage taken yet with enfeeble or immortal call.
Guys, how does my ranger planned final tree looks?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgSxBbUF-QguDkgRlhXwFr8YvRmOGtsbrSLqI_Yk_SaVK28yATpYPeJI7kp9TGBVS1bqVvVW-lpIYeJirGegbXtwUnRBeK59dX3jhxmHdofbjDaVZpfQmyabjZ2WnaqjiqTCpn-nNK_rsbOyGbJEtMW1SLfTuT7AUc3qz3rTftUA1p3Xy9tu3vbjhOdU53To1usU7UHtg-4O7_Dz6vzF_rpjQ52j_KsFfXC7f8YnqcHFiEKQG3BWmhPb1FptJDynXElRcNU=

dream wep would be binos but cant wont be able to afford one for a LONG time.

running a 5L with:
-Molten Strike
-Multistrike
-LGoH
-Faster Attacks
-Weapon elemental dmg

planned 6th link: PCoC

bandits:
Oak - Oak - Alira
Just got my Three Dragons helm, need a couple of more points before I can test it but ill let you all know how it works.
"
Absolutista wrote:
Guys, how does my ranger planned final tree looks?

I would take Kraityn over Oak for your Cruel bandit. With the amount of attack speed and increased damage you have its a little better than Oak, especially if you're running (or grouping with someone who has) Anger or Wrath.

Oak would pull ahead if you have someone giving you a Haste with really high aura effectiveness but if you had that you'd probably have Wrath and Anger too so it doesn't really matter.
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 6, 2014, 4:13:32 PM
"
Kartikdon wrote:
Just got my Three Dragons helm, need a couple of more points before I can test it but ill let you all know how it works.

So tested this out and it works beautifully. The only problem I had was I respeced out of a bunch of HP nodes so I could try it out. (I lost about 500hp doing it). You shock all the freaking time and the damage difference is quite noticeable.

I would recommend something like this AFTER the backbone of the build is completed.
"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:

So tested this out and it works beautifully. The only problem I had was I respeced out of a bunch of HP nodes so I could try it out. (I lost about 500hp doing it). You shock all the freaking time and the damage difference is quite noticeable.

I would recommend something like this AFTER the backbone of the build is completed.

Damn you! Now I need to update my skill trees again...thinking dropping a couple DPS nodes for Static blows is probably best since it'll add more from the shocks anyways...

Edit: Did some math on the damage with the shock stacks...if I did it properly (pretty sure I did, monsters just take 90% more damage basically) then Three Dragons is an insane damage increase.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on May 6, 2014, 5:35:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info