1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

I have a 6l tabula, and I was wondering what u guys think about running GMP, it would be a bit better for trash clearing quicker since molten strike is a bit lackluster in clearing due to the relatively small aoe. Also if u chuck in a concentrated effect in with GMP so that most of the projectiles shotgun, it could be insane for single target as well.
EDIT: It would also help for reflect but hurt more for lightning thorns.
Last edited by Ali_B on May 6, 2014, 6:51:32 AM
"
Kartikdon wrote:
Hey Dzwonsson -

You really don't need those extra resistances nodes at all. I also suggest grabbing the +1 max fire res and +15% fire resist over the two str nodes in the marauder tree. Also the armor nodes in duelist (except the +% life one) are not worth taking really. Overall the amount gained is not enough to warrant the points.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBBH4EsQUtC2ES4RT2FfAaVRrbG60j9iXfJy8ppTIJMn426DiWOlI6WD3iPfxHfkjuSn1MYE4qU99W-lcNWGNYr1jbWhpaSFuvXz9gS2EhZKNlTWegah5qk2vZbEZuaXJsdEF07XbneA14rnloeu-E2YTvhjuHGYd2i0-Mz5AKkc6VZpkrm4OgtKSspMKoGKluq8Wsr7ZBtxe307yfvYG95r6nwA_BBMS4xtjM29Ih0k3TftXt1fjXy90N45_uDu8O7_DyL_MG9kj5Y_zF

Just some small tweaks while maintaining the basis behind your build.
Well, the main difference is, I don't have the means to buy gear with nice life rolls + triple elemental res + some chaos res as well. I tried it on my Ranger and was eventually forced to run Purity of Elements to cap my res. And that's why I prefer to invest some points in armor/res and then save tonloads of chaos/exalteds.

edit: actually I managed to respec some nodes, gonna post my updated tree in my build thread.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on May 6, 2014, 9:41:49 AM
even without multistrike and concentrated effect (working on getting them), this build is murdering things and I rarely find myself in any real danger.
as 1h + shield what's best reward on cruel kraityn or oak
"
Ali_B wrote:
I have a 6l tabula, and I was wondering what u guys think about running GMP, it would be a bit better for trash clearing quicker since molten strike is a bit lackluster in clearing due to the relatively small aoe. Also if u chuck in a concentrated effect in with GMP so that most of the projectiles shotgun, it could be insane for single target as well.
EDIT: It would also help for reflect but hurt more for lightning thorns.

Because with the huge damage reduction / projectile, you need almost every projectile to shotgun to just break even. Another support gem is a much stronger option.
IGN: Dmillz
Guys how MS overall compares to ground slam? So far I was running a variant Alkaizers groundslammer, I need a solid build (able to throw like 100+/20 mf in there) to farm maps and stuff. Should I stick to GS or go with Molten, is it as gear not dependant as GS? Cheers
"
burningblack wrote:
Guys how MS overall compares to ground slam? So far I was running a variant Alkaizers groundslammer, I need a solid build (able to throw like 100+/20 mf in there) to farm maps and stuff. Should I stick to GS or go with Molten, is it as gear not dependant as GS? Cheers

Groundslam has a larger AOE area and will clear packs a bit faster than Molten Strike. However Molten Strike is far superior for single target.
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dzwonsson wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:
Hey Dzwonsson -

You really don't need those extra resistances nodes at all. I also suggest grabbing the +1 max fire res and +15% fire resist over the two str nodes in the marauder tree. Also the armor nodes in duelist (except the +% life one) are not worth taking really. Overall the amount gained is not enough to warrant the points.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBBH4EsQUtC2ES4RT2FfAaVRrbG60j9iXfJy8ppTIJMn426DiWOlI6WD3iPfxHfkjuSn1MYE4qU99W-lcNWGNYr1jbWhpaSFuvXz9gS2EhZKNlTWegah5qk2vZbEZuaXJsdEF07XbneA14rnloeu-E2YTvhjuHGYd2i0-Mz5AKkc6VZpkrm4OgtKSspMKoGKluq8Wsr7ZBtxe307yfvYG95r6nwA_BBMS4xtjM29Ih0k3TftXt1fjXy90N45_uDu8O7_DyL_MG9kj5Y_zF

Just some small tweaks while maintaining the basis behind your build.
Well, the main difference is, I don't have the means to buy gear with nice life rolls + triple elemental res + some chaos res as well. I tried it on my Ranger and was eventually forced to run Purity of Elements to cap my res. And that's why I prefer to invest some points in armor/res and then save tonloads of chaos/exalteds.

edit: actually I managed to respec some nodes, gonna post my updated tree in my build thread.

Don't focus on hp and triple res. On m y char i run dual res no life or I run hp and one res on my gear. I am capped on res in merc
So, Life Gain on Hit or Life Leech?
and why. Thanks!

assume avatar of fire.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
So, Life Gain on Hit or Life Leech?
and why. Thanks!

assume avatar of fire.

Avatar of Fire doesn't change the answer in this case, but personally I would recommend running LGoH at least until maps. I've more or less finished merciless on my Molten Striker, and even though I have a pretty sick 2 hander (~420 pDPS I believe) and Life Leech would theoretically give me a higher HP return, I'm sticking with LGoH for a little bit longer because I find the instant return gives me more survivability in practice because both gems return overkill amounts of HP, at least for the docks farming I'm doing now.
Last edited by Fearmonger on May 6, 2014, 12:50:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info