GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

Why is this thread still going... seriously stop dragging this crap on they aren't making one give it up...
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
trav_dawg wrote:
Why is this thread still going... seriously stop dragging this crap on they aren't making one give it up...

I'm equally intrigued as to why posts like yours are still appearing.

Does this thread existing bother you that much or something?
Standard Forever
Thread is still going because players ( just a part ok, but not a neglectible part) are still interested, and hope - at least I do! - that the people at GGG will listen and change their stance on the subject.

It's a prerogative of an intelligent mind to change idea on a subject ;-)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
What's really needed on the idea of a SFL is a more exact definition that most SFL Supporters can agree with. I don't see anything of the sort in the OP.

Until we have that most posters here are lobbying for something we don't know anything about.

Just pointing that out. If GGG were to implement a SFL tomorrow with absolutely no changes other than the inability to trade, that would be.. disappointing. And hilarious ;-) Because moving to a different global chat would have done the same job.

Edit: It would be great to know how GGG would balance a league with selffound rules if they did decide to make it.
Last edited by Acrylique on Jul 23, 2014, 4:07:02 AM
"
Wazz72 wrote:
Thread is still going because players ( just a part ok, but not a neglectible part) are still interested, and hope - at least I do! - that the people at GGG will listen and change their stance on the subject.

It's a prerogative of an intelligent mind to change idea on a subject ;-)

All i see is the same few people posting here though. If a few thousand would want this i bet they might consider it but with very few hundred, i dont see it happening.
"
What's really needed on the idea of a SFL is a more exact definition that most SFL Supporters can agree with. I don't see anything of the sort in the OP.

Until we have that most posters here are lobbying for something we don't know anything about.

Just pointing that out. If GGG were to implement a SFL tomorrow with absolutely no changes other than the inability to trade, that would be.. disappointing. And hilarious ;-) Because moving to a different global chat would have done the same job.

Edit: It would be great to know how GGG would balance a league with selffound rules if they did decide to make it.

Good suggestion there, SFL players should decide on a global chat number so theyre among one another.
aaah i finally could come back here to post some bad shit about SFL, had to study for an exam but now, meh, here i am!

main reason why SFL will (trust me im an nerdinieer) never be made:
PoE allows self found, but yet, is a trade based game.

this will never change, because SFL buddies are "less then enough to let GGG stop making new feature to make a Single Player Easy Win League Where Every Body Wins Uber Uniques And Uber Currency.

it would be so boring.

"HEY DUDE LOOK, JUST DROPPED AN EXALT! WOW NOW IT DROPPED A SHAV!!!"

"cool bro, so common."

but i like the most:

"HEY LET'S PLAY TOGHETER! please gimme that shit overthere"

"no."

"why?"

"SFL"

let's just say, i don't get the people that decide what build to make, and which uniques to wear, before actually having such gear. it's like a infinite cycle of endless frustration for those players.

"yo bro i got a shav ready build!" "have fun with that char, i belive you'll use it a lot!"

For those who do not play this game for the sake of having fun playing an ARPG, but with the sole purpose of making a build with particular specific pieces of gear, i can't say anything else than: "im sorry dude, so much frustration in your eyes uhu? cmon just wear some trash and go kill meeps, oh, you can't without dat particular item? well... you still are allowed to make a new char, with... let's just say, no specific gear dependancy! eh? never though about it? a build that allows you to "HAVE FUN" without being OP. might it exist? well... yeah, since this game is MADE FOR THOSE BUILDS! the unique uber op crap is made by users, not developers!!! gl hf! respect! less QQ!
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
jeonitsoc wrote:
For those who do not play this game for the sake of having fun playing an ARPG, but with the sole purpose of making a build with particular specific pieces of gear, i can't say anything else than: "im sorry dude, so much frustration in your eyes uhu? cmon just wear some trash and go kill meeps, oh, you can't without dat particular item? well... you still are allowed to make a new char, with... let's just say, no specific gear dependancy! eh? never though about it? a build that allows you to "HAVE FUN" without being OP. might it exist? well... yeah, since this game is MADE FOR THOSE BUILDS! the unique uber op crap is made by users, not developers!!! gl hf! respect! less QQ!

Definately agree here, but.. isn't that missing the topic? (Sorry if i didn't understand you correctly)

Making a char according to a pre made build and complete shopping lists is very successful, but really not the true spirit of an ARPG. So far i agree. I'm not very successful, but have fun and try to build my char around a certain idea and gems, not pieces of gear. Because i play selffound. I certainly don't claim every trader does that, just pointing out that this is not why demand for a "SFL" exists. At least, i don't think that's a (good) reason.
"
jeonitsoc wrote:
Single Player Easy Win League Where Every Body Wins Uber Uniques And Uber Currency.

Stopped reading right there, this is so not the definition of a SFL, much more the definition of a trade-to-win game.
And what would you buy with that uber currency if you could not trade?

/facepalm
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
jeonitsoc wrote:
Single Player Easy Win League Where Every Body Wins Uber Uniques And Uber Currency.

Stopped reading right there, this is so not the definition of a SFL, much more the definition of a trade-to-win game.
And what would you buy with that uber currency if you could not trade?

/facepalm

And after you'd use up all your currency, and get nothing, thus blocking yourself from progressing, you'd start whining about unability to trade or progress.

Is it that hard to understand that amount of randomness and amount of items you can get is so big, that to guarantee that one player will get gear to progress, he'd need to be literally RAINED with items? How many items worth using currency on did you get? How many items did you get in between? And now imagine that this item is not for your build. Trading just balances out entropy of drops you get, so you can exchange items you get (which are useless for your build) for items you'll need (and are useless for someone else). WHOLE game is balanced around that idea of chaos and entropy (chaos orb much?) and simply adding drop rate and more currency won't make it D3 out of sudden. Can't quite imagine why it is so hard to understand for some people.

Also, its not D3 - you can go Witch and slash with swords. D3 will give you items for your character class, with predefined item types you'll need. This is not the cast in PoE.

THIS is the reasoning.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jul 23, 2014, 8:41:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info