GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
kussekurt wrote:
Just because you dont barter it doesnt exist? I do it every single time I trade...

And theres already selffound in the game, so if people dont want to trade, they shouldnt - Thats not what Im opposing, people should do whatever makes them happy - But demanding a league just because someone have had some bad trading experiences, is what Im opposing. Theres some other problems in the core game(which are actually a part of the core game, and not a total opposite of what is stated in the desciption of the game) that they should you their rescources on :) At least you are up for a serious debate :)

I wasn't aware that buyouts for nominated currencies,as in your store page was a feature of a barter system.I'm enlightened.

The basics of a barter system.

Players exchange services and goods for other services and goods in return.

The value of bartering item for item can be negotiated with the other party.

Bartering doesn't involve currency.

You can trade items by exchanging an item you have but no longer want or need for items of interest.

Hardly describes POEs economy and trade system does it.

=)
Last edited by Temper on Jul 22, 2014, 1:22:50 PM
"
JeIlySickLe wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
Chris thinks we don't need one to play SF. He sees no point.

Diablo 3 is now self found only and it's... fun?

Diablo 3 is an entirely different game and pretty bad at that. And does not have ladders. How did you feel that the comparison had any relevance?

OT:
Doing self-found in PoE would really bring another kind of challenge to the table for people looking for a fresh way of playing. Besides, this would remove the huge increase in economy for people who run a couple of bots on the side for currency.

If only that would mean microtransactions were blocked for the time being too - or gained as drops that wouldn't transfer over to standard once league is over.
Last edited by Anakoreten on Jul 22, 2014, 2:55:35 PM
"
Anakoreten wrote:
"
JeIlySickLe wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
Chris thinks we don't need one to play SF. He sees no point.

Diablo 3 is now self found only and it's... fun?

Diablo 3 is an entirely different game and pretty bad at that. And does not have ladders. How did you feel that the comparison had any relevance?

OT:
Doing self-found in PoE would really bring another kind of challenge to the table for people looking for a fresh way of playing. Besides, this would remove the huge increase in economy for people who run a couple of bots on the side for currency.

If only that would mean microtransactions were blocked for the time being too - or gained as drops that wouldn't transfer over to standard once league is over.

Why would MTAs be affected? You buy them and put em on, thats it. And yea right, take away the only revenue GGG has and make MTAs drop.

The thread title asked 1 question, the answer is simple: GGG doesnt want one.

Whining about it doesnt make them change their minds anymore than the parents who say you cant have your own car.
"
Anakoreten wrote:

Why do people say that? No, diablo 3 is not an entirely different game. They are both ARPG's and both based on diablo 2.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
Why would they make an SFL - that makes no sense. Might as well just make it a console game instead of an online one at that point.

And choosing not to trade is so arbitrary - it's like saying I am gonna try and play this game without wearing boots. Such arbitrary weakening of a character. Crowd-sourcing is so much superior, and GGG has invested on the trade forums and channel - POE and Procurement such great player made tools etc.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Jul 22, 2014, 4:52:15 PM
"
Asidra wrote:
Why would they make an SFL - that makes no sense. Might as well just make it a console game instead of an online one at that point.

And choosing not to trade is so arbitrary - it's like saying I am gonna try and play this game without wearing boots. Such arbitrary weakening of a character. Crowd-sourcing is so much superior, and GGG has invested on the trade forums and channel - POE and Procurement such great player made tools etc.

Solo races are basically SFL already. They just last way too short. So your argument is invalid.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
How the hell does the fact their are races make my argument invalid? You are allowed to trade in a race, it just rarely make sense to do it given the super short duration compared to a 4 month or permanent league. In races, it doesn't make sense to take time to try and trade. Not so for the other leagues.

I don't see any connection whatsoever between short duration races making trading nonsensical to "there should be self found leagues"
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
"
Asidra wrote:
You are allowed to trade in a race, it just rarely make sense to do it given the super short duration compared to a 4 month or permanent league.

Nope, it's impossible to trade in solo races. Also yes it does make sense to trade. You can have a few friends running for you and feed you good weapons, an extra gem you need, etc. And gain an edge over other players this way.
because they're too focused on making changes to low-level trivial stuff..
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
GGG seems to avoid/ignore/neglect player's voice for SFL
This aint good and it looks bad enough
I bet this never ends untill GGG makes it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info