GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
This is actually an awesome idea, but now it's too late. So what do? Wiping Standard/HC and making it new parent leagues with your proposed features would be an option, but I don't think GGG would ever do this, they would piss of a lot of people. For that reason they don't even remove legacy items, let alone a whole league :/

It totally won't happen, but it is what should have happened. It fits the game as it is and GGG's vision, like a glove (other than, ofc, the zero-binding policy, but as said, that's where their vision went tits up).

"
Nubatron wrote:
It would do more than piss a lot of people off. It would cause a large exodus. I played domination and I won't be doing that again. Hitting the reset button every few months is not for me. I also believe boa has no place in an online multiplayer environment(just my opinion, don't go all batshit sf crazy on me). I don't have the luxury of no-lifing so the permanent leagues let me experience the game at a slower pace (same duration but longer period)

People like these ideas mostly because it effects a community that they are not a part of and gives them what they want.

It would have been good if they did that from the start, because then I would not have tried the game. I hope you are right that I is too late because I truly enjoy the game.

I agree, it would piss people off, would it do more harm than good? Possibly, possibly not.
But any way, it won't happen now. Stubborn.

However, if it was the original design, I don't for one minute think you wouldn't have tried the game. I think, I'm almost sure, that you and everyone else who tried the game, would have done so all the same under the acceptance that this is how it was. I am pretty sure we would have had far more retention, too.

Can't agree or disagree for others obviously. All subjective. But I can speak for me. I left D3 the day they announced soul bound. I came to poe specifically because their vision sounded very stubborn in this area, like they would not suddenly shift like d3 did. I promise you, I never would have tried it. That's just me though by no means do I have some proxy to say 'we' or speak for anyone else.

I've played boa in the past. I've even played the less restrictive bind on equip. I hated both of them with a passion. I did try to struggle through it for nearly a year in Warhammer Age of Reckoning. Fun game. Eq binding made me eventually give up. Online gaming is appealing to me because of the interaction with family, friends, and to a lesser extent strangers (stranger danger!). The ability to help friends and family is non-negotiable when it comes to gaming for me. Otherwise I would disconnect my modem and enjoy the latency free and performant environment of an offline game.

To each their own.
SFL +1
"
Nubatron wrote:
Can't agree or disagree for others obviously. All subjective. But I can speak for me. I left D3 the day they announced soul bound. I came to poe specifically because their vision sounded very stubborn in this area, like they would not suddenly shift like d3 did. I promise you, I never would have tried it. That's just me though by no means do I have some proxy to say 'we' or speak for anyone else.

I've played boa in the past. I've even played the less restrictive bind on equip. I hated both of them with a passion. I did try to struggle through it for nearly a year in Warhammer Age of Reckoning. Fun game. Eq binding made me eventually give up. Online gaming is appealing to me because of the interaction with family, friends, and to a lesser extent strangers (stranger danger!). The ability to help friends and family is non-negotiable when it comes to gaming for me. Otherwise I would disconnect my modem and enjoy the latency free and performant environment of an offline game.

To each their own.

Well, of the different play styles that PoE attracts, the one negatively affected by this if it hypothetically occurred (which it won't), those least attracted should it have been the original design and those least likely to be retained are indeed players, such as yourself, that being;

A player who enjoys the pyramid economy system, doesn't like binding or self-found and prefers permanent leagues, does NOT like the reroll leagues.

Every other play style is pretty much catered to in the hypothetical scenario I mentioned.

Now, I'm not one to say fuck your play style, sacrifice you for others and the good of the game. But, it's glaringly obvious to me that this play style actually can't sustain long term in the current model.

The key problem is, it requires a pyramid, but the model has the bottom and middle of the pyramid in the temporary leagues any way and more and more this will be the case.

The hypothetical suggestion suits all play styles bar one, a play style that the current model doesn't suit, any way, long term.

Edit, please continue this tangent discussion here.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 18, 2014, 10:26:34 AM
"
GodKas wrote:
SFL +1

+1+1
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I've played sf for several months now and I don't feel that hindered by it with the current drops. The only time I trade is if I need a skill gem or two I don't happen to have or if I need a unique like soul mantle for a totem character.
I've been playing "self-found" since I started playing this game back in open beta. The only time I've actually gone to someone else to purchase something has been in this month-long league to get some skill gems I needed because I didn't want to level another character to get them.

I don't see how we would need to have a "Self-Found" league when you can very simply just turn off chat.
"
babillonnet wrote:
I've been playing "self-found" since I started playing this game back in open beta. The only time I've actually gone to someone else to purchase something has been in this month-long league to get some skill gems I needed because I didn't want to level another character to get them.

I don't see how we would need to have a "Self-Found" league when you can very simply just turn off chat.

Mainly because many proponents of this idea believe that a natural change as a part of this league will include increased drop rates. There are other reasons that include a "pure ladder" where rmt does not taint the competition. Just my optic, I don't advocate or even slightly support it.
"
babillonnet wrote:

Either they want to compete in a "clean" ladder with other SF players, or they assume (falsely) that increased drop rates will accompany such a league, even though increasing orb drops tenfold would still result in a poor crafting experience.

A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Jul 18, 2014, 8:29:33 PM
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
GodKas wrote:
SFL +1

+1+1

This is like begging a billionaire to give you money, its just not going to happen.
"
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
GodKas wrote:
SFL +1

+1+1

This is like begging a billionaire to give you money, its just not going to happen.

Asked a dollar from Bill Gates once, didn't get it. Can confirm, doesn't work.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info