GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

[/quote]

And you think a self found league would be exactly the same as playing in self found in standard? It would be different, that's the point.[/quote]

Did I say anything about SFL? No, I only corrected the clueless statement that deleting characters in a softcore league is the same as having a hardcore league. If you want to promote an idea clueless statements generally don't help.

I don't get how you think you could have a clean SFL if you have partying though. You'd have people trading really money for boss kills as well as buying accounts. [/quote]

It would be the same in the sense that deleting your character is a voluntary action that you can do just as easily as deciding to play self found. The difference is that there is no ladder ranking for one of the play-styles.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"

How would it be different?

Its different to party with people who have traded gear versus people who only play self found. Not to mention the difference in RMT.

"
SFL people want wont make them happier, jsut the grind a tiny bit shorter perhaps.

Don't know how you can speak for other people. I think it would be a lot different to play in a league that's balanced for self found to only use orbs for crafting.

"
but SFL is just splitting up the player base way too much, too much work for GGG

I would still like to see how the devs could ever justify that first point considering that they have advertised paid leagues for so long. I think they could do one self found league without breaking the game. The too much work part is just conjecture. It could be a perfectly adequate amount of work compared to the amount of people that would enjoy it.

"
And i only see the same few people who want the SFL, its not like 1000 or 10000 people want it, its probably more like 100+ or so and thats just not worth it.

According to Petrovs survey approximately 1388 people are interested in a self found league. How in the world could you possibly ask for 10000 in a forum that has such little activity in the first place? An in game survey would do that, but certainly not the forums.

"
I can play SF anytime i want in this game and still party up and i like it that way.

Congratulations.

I dont understand you SFL people with the RMT reasoning at all. If there was a SFL bots farm orbs and items and the accounts are being sold. Simple as that. Youre not going to party with 100% certainty with someone who found all the items himself.

How does RMT affect you btw? If you truly are SF you are not trading and therefore RMT doesnt matter for you.
"

I dont understand you SFL people with the RMT reasoning at all. If there was a SFL bots farm orbs and items and the accounts are being sold. Simple as that. Youre not going to party with 100% certainty with someone who found all the items himself.

But how many orbs would the bots have to farm? 100 exa to make it really worthwile? How about eternals?
If you had a bot running for such a long time to make them have an amount of orbs that you can work with, how much would you charge for it? Several hundreds, or maybe thousands of dollars?
And how many computers would the RMT sites/botters need if you can only run maybe a dozen instances of PoE on one of them (with evarything on ultra-lower-than-low and proxies and whatnot)? Do you really believe this is a financially sound idea?

Now just think a little and consider how many people would be willing to pay that kind of money after they willingly joined a SELF-FOUND league.

You can never rule out RMT in an online-game but I think here it would be 99.999% negligible.

omfz SFL threads everywhere! the SFL fans must be many! or not?

the SFL topic is interesting, but the reason behind the SFL request are strange.

SFL has sense only in SOLO mode. right?

NOTRADE-SOLO leagues longer than a race would attract enough players?

to program a whole different drop system for SFL would payback the time spent?

for what i see, and i might be wrong, is that some Standard Players want to play their old chars with the super uber rare/uniques, without trading, in a trade-based game.
a SFL player, for what i see, and i might be wrong, would expect to find all the uniques needed to complete the build made, and lot of currency to craft god-like rares.

so by my personal analysis:

SFL should be a NOTRADE-SOLO endless-league, with an embarassing higher base rarity bonus.

in few words, a different game.

am i wrong?

♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
jeonitsoc wrote:

the SFL topic is interesting, but the reason behind the SFL request are strange.

for what i see, and i might be wrong, is that some Standard Players want to play their old chars with the super uber rare/uniques, without trading, in a trade-based game.
a SFL player, for what i see, and i might be wrong, would expect to find all the uniques needed to complete the build made, and lot of currency to craft god-like rares.

SFL should be a NOTRADE-SOLO endless-league, with an embarassing higher base rarity bonus.

am i wrong?

Only speaking for myself I would want PoE to have more moments like: "Hey, what can I do with that Weird Wand of Awesomeness with Hefty Downsides that I just found? What can I do to overcome these downsides? What kind of passives would I have to take?"

As of now for me moments like that tend to be about zero in PoE, and I miss it sorely.

"
mucker wrote:

Did I say anything about SFL? No, I only corrected the clueless statement that deleting characters in a softcore league is the same as having a hardcore league. If you want to promote an idea clueless statements generally don't help.

Except that guy didn't really believe that statement. He was just using the exact same logic people are using on a SFL on the hardcore leagues.

"
mucker wrote:

I don't get how you think you could have a clean SFL if you have partying though. You'd have people trading really money for boss kills as well as buying accounts.

I never argued that it would be clean. I just think it would be cleaner than the trading leagues.
Standard Forever
"

How does RMT affect you btw? If you truly are SF you are not trading and therefore RMT doesnt matter for you.

All I said was that partying with people who are self found versus people who trade is different. Its only common sense that self found players would enjoy partying with other self found players.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"

All I said was that partying with people who are self found versus people who trade is different. Its only common sense that self found players would enjoy partying with other self found players.

yet, SFL with party allowed would result in frustration:
example:
me and you playing, me ranged, you melee.
Permanent Allocation?
350+ dps 1H on the ground, with my name on it, ouch, sry bro! mine forever!
Short Allocation and Free For All
"Hey don't pick up that rare unid 1H might be good!"
"sry bro, miss clicked, omg it's 350+ dps!!! mine forever!"

SFL = strange funny looting
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
Jojas wrote:
"
jeonitsoc wrote:

am i wrong?

Only speaking for myself I would want PoE to have more moments like: "Hey, what can I do with that Weird Wand of Awesomeness with Hefty Downsides that I just found? What can I do to overcome these downsides? What kind of passives would I have to take?"

As of now for me moments like that tend to be about zero in PoE, and I miss it sorely.

And if you had those moments where you find an axe isntead of a wand on a witch? What then? Vendor is the only trade partner in a SFL. And technically if you want it really SF, it should be Bound to Character and Vendors disabled. You can always buy upgrades, even if its from a vendor and you can always trade with yourself by using the stash.

Ok, i roll with it, make a SFL for the few that want it, make it bound to char and disable vendors. Lets see how much fun it really is. Lets also get rid of partying because lets face it, you farm with someone with lots of IIQ/IIR is like trading anyways.
"
iamstryker wrote:
"

OK. Tell me how you will know 100% that the person you party with didnt buy the account?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info