GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

''Asked a dollar from Bill Gates once, didn't get it. Can confirm, doesn't work.[/quote]

Bill Gates has donated more than $26 billion dollars to philanthropic causes through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Just sayin..
"
rob16437 wrote:

''Asked a dollar from Bill Gates once, didn't get it. Can confirm, doesn't work.

Bill Gates has donated more than $26 billion dollars to philanthropic causes through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Just sayin..[/quote]

But not a dime to the 'Nubatron Quits Job' charity.
"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
In the existing leagues, there is nothing stopping anyone from playing self-found, and we know many of our players do. We also have players that only engage rarely with other players, trading and partying occasionally.

So, as you can play self found in an existing league, I doubt we need to separate out the leagues.

Is this not also true of "hardcore" leagues?

Similar logic seems to apply in that if you want to play Hardcore, delete your character if they die.
IGN: Manthra_Ackbars
"
Jshaw995 wrote:
"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
In the existing leagues, there is nothing stopping anyone from playing self-found, and we know many of our players do. We also have players that only engage rarely with other players, trading and partying occasionally.

So, as you can play self found in an existing league, I doubt we need to separate out the leagues.

Similar logic seems to apply in that if you want to play Hardcore, delete your character if they die.

Why does this come up so much? It is not all the the same, unless you play solo and self-found.
"
Jshaw995 wrote:
"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

+1 nice contradiction
"
Jshaw995 wrote:
"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Incorrect.
Hardcore items trade at different prices and prices change differently as the league progresses.
Hardcore parties play differently due to items generally being weaker, builds being more survival centric, and players being more careful.
Hardcore players often keep their dead characters in standard to experiment with.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
mucker wrote:

Incorrect.
Hardcore items trade at different prices and prices change differently as the league progresses.
Hardcore parties play differently due to items generally being weaker, builds being more survival centric, and players being more careful.
Hardcore players often keep their dead characters in standard to experiment with.

And you think a self found league would be exactly the same as playing in self found in standard? It would be different, that's the point.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
mucker wrote:

Incorrect.

And you think a self found league would be exactly the same as playing in self found in standard? It would be different, that's the point.

How would it be different? There would be a SFL for HC and SC and a 4 month HC and SC SFL.

Then come in the people who buy accounts to get ahead on the ladder and for e brag with the epic lootz they have. The buffed drop rate the SFL people want wont make them happier, jsut the grind a tiny bit shorter perhaps.

Im all for adjsuting the drop rate of orbs for people who dont use them to trade but SFL is just splitting up the player base way too much, too much work for GGG just for what i think are not really that many people.

And i only see the same few people who want the SFL, its not like 1000 or 10000 people want it, its probably more like 100+ or so and thats just not worth it.

I want to party with people, if people are split across 4 perma leagues and 4 4 month leagues i have a smaller pool of people to party with.

I can play SF anytime i want in this game and still party up and i like it that way.

Also, i dont trade so rmt affects me less than most, i dont care about any ladder either, i give items away i find asking in global if anyone wants them. in a SFL you must vendor all items you cant use yourself, which would mean even the vendors.
"

How would it be different?

Its different to party with people who have traded gear versus people who only play self found. Not to mention the difference in RMT.

"
SFL people want wont make them happier, jsut the grind a tiny bit shorter perhaps.

Don't know how you can speak for other people. I think it would be a lot different to play in a league that's balanced for self found to only use orbs for crafting.

"
but SFL is just splitting up the player base way too much, too much work for GGG

I would still like to see how the devs could ever justify that first point considering that they have advertised paid leagues for so long. I think they could do one self found league without breaking the game. The too much work part is just conjecture. It could be a perfectly adequate amount of work compared to the amount of people that would enjoy it.

"
And i only see the same few people who want the SFL, its not like 1000 or 10000 people want it, its probably more like 100+ or so and thats just not worth it.

According to Petrovs survey approximately 1388 people are interested in a self found league. How in the world could you possibly ask for 10000 in a forum that has such little activity in the first place? An in game survey would do that, but certainly not the forums.

"
I can play SF anytime i want in this game and still party up and i like it that way.

Congratulations.

Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
mucker wrote:

Incorrect.

Did I say anything about SFL? No, I only corrected the clueless statement that deleting characters in a softcore league is the same as having a hardcore league. If you want to promote an idea clueless statements generally don't help.

I don't get how you think you could have a clean SFL if you have partying though. You'd have people trading really money for boss kills as well as buying accounts.
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info