"If PoE increased droprates, people would instantly leave the game"

People whining that increased drop rates are not needed.

They all play Ambush because of increased drop rates.

They then whine that throwing tons of currency at the increased drops offset any benefit.

And I thought SFL players were supposed to be the group that would never be satisfied....
"
mazul wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

Ok, good then that you like improved map drop rates through cartographer's box, I thought you didn't.

I dont play the new leagues. I play standard and i have no problem maintaining a lvl 76+ map pool. I actually like the map drop rate as it is because maps on standard have a high value. I probably gain 1/3 of my wealth by selling lvl 70-73 maps, something that probably isn't possible in the strongbox league due to an overabundance of maps.

Yes, the current map system in non-Ambush is designed around trading. It works very well for those who enjoy the trading aspect. A lot of people hate trading and prefer building up their map-pools without trading; for those people, the Ambush league has been a godsend.

Trading for maps hasn't even been necessary for a long time. I'd say since OB, when you had to roll maze/area size. The strongboxes have just tipped the balance from "reasonable to maintain high maps" to "absolutely ridiculously easy to run 77-78s back to back". I mean, I had 35 73 maps and 20 something 74s just yesterday and struggled to sell a few of them for 1 and 2 chaos a pop, respectively. I remember selling 74 maze maps for 1 ex in OB, it actually felt good to find a reasonably high map. Now it's just "ugh another map to toss in the pile".

You can't feel rewarded if you never feel unrewarded.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Never understood why drop rates mattered. Grinding maps/Docks/Piety for drops is fun, because you're playing the game, not knowing whats going to be around the corner. And oh, the excitement of finally seeing that upgrade for yourself, or GG drop that you know will sell for 2ex+.

If you dont have fun farming, which is essentially just playing the game, why are you playing the game?

I didnt like farming in Diablo 3 because I wasnt having fun with the game itself. It wasnt the farming, it was the game itself that bored me.
"Im just Path of Exile-ing my way through college." -Me
Last edited by LensHunter on Apr 23, 2014, 2:04:14 PM
All the people advocating trading as a means to get rich you do realize trading is a zero sum game right? If everyone traded efficiently then everyone would be in the situation where no trade existed at all. For someone to get rich and make the build(s) of his dreams someone else (usually lots of someone elses) have to lose value and never get past piety farming or heck most of the time quit way before. I mean how many noobs have traded away their mirrors for nothing? Quite a few I'm sure. So no trading is not a solution to anything.
"
Krayken wrote:
Pretty sure that the majority of peoples who wants improved drop rates are the ones who are too lazy to pick up rare items or do any trades. They expect godly gear to magically appear in their inventory.

First of all, this is one of the stupidest thing to say... no one ever leaves rares on the ground unless you are in a mapping party and run out of bag space.

Second, people want to kill shit, not spend 1/2 their play time in town spamming stuff hoping to get an alch for a drop they found. Or spending more time alt+tabbed out looking through xyz hoping they can find something they can buy and resell for a chaos or 2... because they don't even have an exalt orb to start flipping the bigger items. Even then you can lose you ass.

Third, you are playing standard and are probably farming in mostly BIS gear have a years worth of currency stacked up. Drop rates have been lowered a lot from open beta till now. Why don't you start fresh in Ambush where most player are playing right now and experience first hand what player are saying about the drop rates and character building. How far can you get when you start with nothing again?

"
mazul wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

Ok, good then that you like improved map drop rates through cartographer's box, I thought you didn't.

I dont play the new leagues. I play standard and i have no problem maintaining a lvl 76+ map pool. I actually like the map drop rate as it is because maps on standard have a high value. I probably gain 1/3 of my wealth by selling lvl 70-73 maps, something that probably isn't possible in the strongbox league due to an overabundance of maps.

Yes, the current map system in non-Ambush is designed around trading. It works very well for those who enjoy the trading aspect. A lot of people hate trading and prefer building up their map-pools without trading; for those people, the Ambush league has been a godsend.

You can build a map pool without trading. I trade maps, but never buys them, i'm always the one selling.
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:

I guess I missed that in the patch notes. Ambush has higher drop rates now?
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
Pretty sure that the majority of peoples who wants improved drop rates are the ones who are too lazy to pick up rare items or do any trades. They expect godly gear to magically appear in their inventory.

First of all, this is one of the stupidest thing to say... no one ever leaves rares on the ground unless you are in a mapping party and run out of bag space.

Second, people want to kill shit, not spend 1/2 their play time in town spamming stuff hoping to get an alch for a drop they found. Or spending more time alt+tabbed out looking through xyz hoping they can find something they can buy and resell for a chaos or 2... because they don't even have an exalt orb to start flipping the bigger items. Even then you can lose you ass.

Third, you are playing standard and are probably farming in mostly BIS gear have a years worth of currency stacked up. Drop rates have been lowered a lot from open beta till now. Why don't you start fresh in Ambush where most player are playing right now and experience first hand what player are saying about the drop rates and character building. How far can you get when you start with nothing again?

"Oh no i find items but i dont want to bring them to town to convert them into currency! I expect wealth to magically appear out of nowhere." What do you think all these recipes are made for? You gotta be very arrogant to assume thats the devs will adjust THEIR GAME to your EXTREMELY LAZY play style.

Oh and theres a big difference between item flipping and trading stuff that you find but don't need for stuff you do need. I spam 10 items in trade chat in a few channels in between each maps. It takes fucking 20 seconds to do. If that's too much for you then you can keep complaining about drop rates.

I play on standard, so what? Are the drop rates different aside from the strongboxes? Did i not build my wealth from ZERO there? And no i don't own a single BIS item so stop it with the ridiculous assumptions.

Some peoples just don't want to be helped. They just want everything handed on a silver platter without any effort. You seem like one of them.
"
Phaeded wrote:
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:

I guess I missed that in the patch notes. Ambush has higher drop rates now?

Some peoples act like strongboxes = increased drop rate and thats the sole and only reason why peoples play the new league. They use that argument as a "proof" that the game needs increased drop rate to compensate for their lazyness or poor knowledge of the game.
"
Avu wrote:
All the people advocating trading as a means to get rich you do realize trading is a zero sum game right? If everyone traded efficiently then everyone would be in the situation where no trade existed at all. For someone to get rich and make the build(s) of his dreams someone else (usually lots of someone elses) have to lose value and never get past piety farming or heck most of the time quit way before. I mean how many noobs have traded away their mirrors for nothing? Quite a few I'm sure. So no trading is not a solution to anything.

You seem to confuse trading with item flipping. You can do plenty of trades without flipping. You find an unique useless for your build but not for other builds, you trade it for something that you need. That is not flipping and everyone can do it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info