"If PoE increased droprates, people would instantly leave the game"

i would most likely come back to poe. i played a lot and never got anything good dropped.
why keep playing then? i think a lot of ppl like mw are out there.

Quit playing d3 because of game=trading . completely same for poe. If u have a different opinion ok for me its a huge turn off seeing that trading trumps all and if u got enough money it gets more by itself. Mirror ...... seemed like a really cool system at first but now mehhh.
Dont double exalt and eternal drop rates . make them 10 times more at least. Why not ?
Pretty sure that the majority of peoples who wants improved drop rates are the ones who are too lazy to pick up rare items or do any trades. They expect godly gear to magically appear in their inventory.
Last edited by Krayken on Apr 23, 2014, 12:49:52 PM
"
Krayken wrote:
Pretty sure that the majority of peoples who wants improved drop rates are the ones who are too lazy to pick up rare items or do any trades. They expect godly gear to magically appear in their inventory.

Whole ambush league is popular because of increased map drop rates (cartographer's box). What does that tell you? Perhaps catering to the majority of one's player base is not so bad after all?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:

Whole ambush league is popular because of increased map drop rates (cartographer's box). What does that tell you? Perhaps catering to the majority of one's player base is not so bad after all?

Maps = content. They're not gear. A high lvl player cannot get his next lvl without running high level maps.

Thanks for understanding the difference.

I've been arguing with the ones complaining about drop rates in another thread and the 2-3 (very vocals) whiners admitted that they don't want to do any trades to get geared and they didn't want to vendor rare item drops to earn wealth. They basically wanted to get geared without doing anything and blame the devs for the "bad drop rates".
Last edited by Krayken on Apr 23, 2014, 1:06:01 PM
"
Krayken wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:

Maps = content. They're not gear. A high lvl player cannot get his next lvl without running high level maps.

Thanks for understanding the difference.

Ok, good then that you like improved map drop rates through cartographer's box, I thought you didn't.

"
meloo55 wrote:
poe will never be on the level of d2 with d2 being a game you can play on private servers with freinds on your own league or the offline

How many years passed before this was possible with d2?...

@BeerPact
"
mazul wrote:

Ok, good then that you like improved map drop rates through cartographer's box, I thought you didn't.

I dont play the new leagues. I play standard and i have no problem maintaining a lvl 76+ map pool. I actually like the map drop rate as it is because maps on standard have a high value. I probably gain 1/3 of my wealth by selling lvl 70-73 maps, something that probably isn't possible in the strongbox league due to an overabundance of maps.

Bought for 65 exalts as a 6s. Purchase felt crappy, as I had already spent 42ex on a rare armor that didn't pan out. I six linked Shav's myself in ~40 fusings and 500 armorer's scraps. The excitement was non-existent, as I knew I was going to have to roll GGGGRB, which are 7k:1 odds. There has been a single Shav's on PoE.xyz over the course of months that has those colors and it is 299 exalts, so buying it isn't an option; I'm forced to roll my own. I've already put about 5ex in chromes into mine. Estimated 35 exalts will be required. My character is deadlocked running only specific maps until I get the needed colors (talk about boring.)

I've spent more exalts on this armor than most will ever even touch. I still have the rest of the character to gear up once the armor is complete (if it is ever complete.) After all this, I'm supposed to roll another character and do it again?!

When this character is complete, I'll likely quit. Not because I got all the gear I needed, but because its impossible to gear anything in this game. It's too much work. There are many builds I want to try, but it will likely never happen. There are too many threads like this convincing GGG that RNG is fine.
"
Krayken wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

I dont play the new leagues. I play standard and i have no problem maintaining a lvl 76+ map pool. I actually like the map drop rate as it is because maps on standard have a high value. I probably gain 1/3 of my wealth by selling lvl 70-73 maps, something that probably isn't possible in the strongbox league due to an overabundance of maps.

Yes, the current map system in non-Ambush is designed around trading. It works very well for those who enjoy the trading aspect. A lot of people hate trading and prefer building up their map-pools without trading; for those people, the Ambush league has been a godsend.
"
muir wrote:
"
meloo55 wrote:
poe will never be on the level of d2 with d2 being a game you can play on private servers with freinds on your own league or the offline

How many years passed before this was possible with d2?...

Um...launch? That capability was out of the box. In fact, I never played D2 on B.net, as it was usually laggy for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info