Reddit shows that there is still hope!

"
grepman wrote:
Im not sure what the hell the question is. maybe you should stop making assumptions.

I'm not saying mana resource management is good. its atrocious. its the reason why people look for easy solution.

no, 2% mana leech wasnt enough for lots of skills (dominating blow, looking at you), but you could get more via mind drinker and gear, worse come to worst

its one of the main reason people use soul taker, which is one of the dumbest items Ive ever seen in this game.

right now the mana leech gem is replaced either with soul taker or for poorer souls (like myself), blood magic gem on every skill(soon to be nerfed too I think- at least it goes with the philosophy)

well i actually managed to get Dominating Blow (5Link) on mana, it might look 'inefficient' because.. well.. it is from the normal standpoint. but it is very fun and i was able to easily clear mid range (74) maps without almost any risk. 50 dominated mobs is a force to be reckoned with. sadly - smoke mine nerf hurts and made it practically unmanageable

"
grepman wrote:
see, I strongly disagree. there needs to be as little of 'of course everyone is using mechanic x' in the game as possible, imo. life pool and resists are mandatory, and thats already more than enough. block is very powerful, but not everyone was stacking it to max.

leech was too powerful because a gem (non-physical, mana) and gear/nodes (physical, mana) made resource management absolutely obsolete.

if something is mandatory in this game, it needs to be looked at. it's all about having healthy choices, not just mindlessly slapping on a mana leech gem when you reserve all but 50 of your mana to auras.

Failed logic. Players will use what is most effective. Theres will always be something that is most effective, you nerf one thing and something else will take its place.

Now everyone is using Blood Magic gem, might as well nerf the hell out of that so we all have to spec EB and every build will be the freaking same. The more options you eliminate the worse it is for the game.
Use op builds, farm. Wurf.
Boink
Just disallow alt-F4 for fuck sake and focus on fixing other technical problems instead. Using Alt-F4 is bad design, is far from being an hardcore thing to do (and pretty much only hardcore player use it) and doesn't show any skill at all.

No game designer should allow such exploit in a game, just die if that's what was supposed to happen and deal with it just like you deal with it when you die in other games. Sure, desync and lag are annoying but those are other problems and using Alt-F4 should NOT be a temporary solution.
Tech guy
Last edited by Warrax on Apr 15, 2014, 3:41:08 PM
Simple solution.....do away with the death penalty until you can provide a game where you die from your mistakes rather than desync, absurd lag, lack of graphic options, etc. I think you will lose less players and see more high level characters rather than rerolling a new toon that can actually progress levels.
"
Kislorod wrote:
The fundamental problem is extremely simple: instant (or almost instant) deaths + desync. If you have instant (or almost instant) deaths in the game, the desync is unacceptable. If you have desync in the game, instant (or almost instant) deaths are unacceptable. You can have either desyncs or instant (or almost instant) deaths in your game at the same time. To have both is unacceptable.

Let me show an example.

You fight vaal oversoul. He raises his arm and kills you with one blow. Reasons of death and player reaction to it is as follows:

1) You died because you wasn't fast enough and didn't manage to escape his attack. Common player reaction: "Oh man, I fucked up. That's my fault. Next time I do better!" (keeps playing, enjoing the game).

2) On your screen you succesfully dodge vaal's attack. You are like half the screen away from the boss and his arm. Still you die because of desync. Common player reaction: "What the fuck! I dodged that! Fucking game, fucking GGG!!111" (uninstalls the game after reaching his own threshold of desync deaths).

I hope GGG understand this simple rule of gamedesign.

+1
Perfect example, couldn't have said it any better.
"
Just disallow alt-F4 for fuck sake and focus on fixing other technical problems instead. Using Alt-F4 is bad design, is far from being an hardcore thing to do (and pretty much only hardcore player use it) and doesn't show any skill at all.

Well, basicaly alt + F4 is designed to exit an application on your computer in anytime and specialy when you have problem with it.

Desync are not the players fault, i can understand this could be considered like a cheat in hardcore league if players abuse it against bosses or when they are near death but it's still a legitim shortcut when you are in front a problem like desync cause it will be never solved, all GGG can do and are already doing is manage them the best they can but it's still a buggy software.

See what i mean ? In the case of hardcore players ( sorry ) i'm more for an xp penaltie when alt f4 than deny it, die with a desync and exit a league like that is just ... you know :)
Hf :)
"
Townnoob23 wrote:
Simple solution.....do away with the death penalty until you can provide a game where you die from your mistakes rather than desync, absurd lag, lack of graphic options, etc. I think you will lose less players and see more high level characters rather than rerolling a new toon that can actually progress levels.

This is actually a very good temporal solution for softcore (losing a portal during map run is already a good punishment for death). Does nothing for hardcore sadly.
Vote manipulation and vote botting is fucking rampant on reddit.
"
glh5 wrote:
Vote manipulation and vote botting is fucking rampant on reddit.

On a small subreddit like PoE's? As if.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info