Reddit shows that there is still hope!

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Apr 16, 2014, 11:07:41 AM
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Apr 16, 2014, 11:13:42 AM
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
[Removed by Support]

The guy who invented this game( with others) is getting more involved in it again, which sounds amazing. Quit your trolling.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Apr 16, 2014, 11:13:59 AM
+1 for removing Alt + F4 abuse (even from races).
+1 for adding delay for using the portal (even through portal gem) - 5+ secs.

And rebalance the game according not to be able to exit battles fast.
This is having only advantages:
1) No more 1 shots (when reasonably geared)
2) No more abuse of Alt + F4 -> more fair HC rankings
3) Lessens desync problem (since you won't be dieing too fast)

Also +1 for leech changes since that is actually a step forward to strive for your HP in the battles. Having HP refilled in less than 5 secs in battle makes it impossible to create interesting combat mechanics, since there is no time to make mistakes (from the lack of skill).
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
though alt f4 is bad,what most propose as opposite is equally bad.

Log out timer?that will also mean that if you wanted to logout on a battlefield,even if you did succesfully,potencial danger of being killed anyway,saw that on way too many online games.

What about those with mule chars?logout to char screen wouldnt work as now.

So basicaly think how much you will screw 98 percent of people to fix the 2 percent playing hardcore.

In dark souls you could quit game to abuse it sometimes.never saw anyone said that made it less hardcore.but.opinions
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:
though alt f4 is bad,what most propose as opposite is equally bad.

Log out timer?that will also mean that if you wanted to logout on a battlefield,even if you did succesfully,potencial danger of being killed anyway,saw that on way too many online games.

What about those with mule chars?logout to char screen wouldnt work as now.

So basicaly think how much you will screw 98 percent of people to fix the 2 percent playing hardcore.

In dark souls you could quit game to abuse it sometimes.never saw anyone said that made it less hardcore.but.opinions

Just because there is a log out timer doesn't mean you can't leave immediately. It just means once you leave you character will still be in the area for a certain amount of time. There is no reason you couldn't log out to character select. The character you logged out on would stay until the timer ran out while you are in the character select screen. If you chose that character you would just go back to them or if you chose a different character you would go to it. I really don't see how any of these complaints would affect 98% of people in a negative way.
"
tinko92 wrote:

The situation now is silly if you look at the whole log-out thing from aside, big players that keep claiming they're so hardcore and bashing the childish and casual D3 and yet look at them, life goes under 50% and it's just a matter of reflexes to log-out, not all of them do that all the time, of course, but...

The whole hardcore mentality is toxic and a BIG JOKE.

Will not acknowledge PoE as hardcore game, not even a bit, until log-out scenario leaves the game for good.

...reading highlighted items only...

i just wanted to add that imo, it's a BIG JOKE.

Why? because in POE, the key to surviving HARDCORE is Alt+F4. and the only bigger joke is that the difficulty of things (e.g. one shot, etc) is balanced around killing the exile faster than players can hit Alt+F4 using macro.

and yea, in POE, i play standard only and still see some players suddenly leaving the area in the thick of a fight, lol. me, i slug it out. if my exile dies for whatever reason, then so be it but no alt+F4 for me. i can only imagine how much more frequent it's used in hardcore.

please, disable alt+F4 already, then balance things around not having it.

EDIT: until GGG disables alt+F4, how about include the number of times a player used it when you invoke /whois

Last edited by patataz on Apr 16, 2014, 1:42:16 PM
"
tinko92 wrote:
"Mindlessly slapping 2% mana leech"
It's clear as a day what you've meant with that.

I didnt say that quote about 2% so yeah when you made up quotes Im sure its 'clear as a day' to you.

stop assuming things.

max mana leech gem pre-leech nerf was sufficient for many, many skills due to how queuing worked with high attack speed
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
Im not sure what the hell the question is. maybe you should stop making assumptions.

I'm not saying mana resource management is good. its atrocious. its the reason why people look for easy solution.

no, 2% mana leech wasnt enough for lots of skills (dominating blow, looking at you), but you could get more via mind drinker and gear, worse come to worst

its one of the main reason people use soul taker, which is one of the dumbest items Ive ever seen in this game.

right now the mana leech gem is replaced either with soul taker or for poorer souls (like myself), blood magic gem on every skill(soon to be nerfed too I think- at least it goes with the philosophy)

well i actually managed to get Dominating Blow (5Link) on mana, it might look 'inefficient' because.. well.. it is from the normal standpoint. but it is very fun and i was able to easily clear mid range (74) maps without almost any risk. 50 dominated mobs is a force to be reckoned with. sadly - smoke mine nerf hurts and made it practically unmanageable

well but you invested in mana nodes and some mana on items. thats the whole thing, your build actually made a choice to go with mana, had to invest few points and succeeded (well, I hope it did). grats !

this build is an example of making a choice. there was no choice in old leech mechanics. it was near mandatory
"
Mephasm wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
see, I strongly disagree. there needs to be as little of 'of course everyone is using mechanic x' in the game as possible, imo. life pool and resists are mandatory, and thats already more than enough. block is very powerful, but not everyone was stacking it to max.

leech was too powerful because a gem (non-physical, mana) and gear/nodes (physical, mana) made resource management absolutely obsolete.

if something is mandatory in this game, it needs to be looked at. it's all about having healthy choices, not just mindlessly slapping on a mana leech gem when you reserve all but 50 of your mana to auras.

Failed logic. Players will use what is most effective. Theres will always be something that is most effective, you nerf one thing and something else will take its place.

Now everyone is using Blood Magic gem, might as well nerf the hell out of that so we all have to spec EB and every build will be the freaking same. The more options you eliminate the worse it is for the game.
no. thats not failed logic.
its logic that you might not like, but its not 'failed'.

sure, players use whats effective. but when 95% of players used some form of leech without any mana investment and other 5 percent of other players constituted double totem users, summoners and life-on-hitters (100 projectile LA builds for example), thats a problem.

theres a reason d3 removed life steal

and yes blood magic gem has been long overdue for a nerf. its way too strong, and for instant leech its downright hilariously strong. I run every skill besides auras off the gem as a shadow with bloodseeker, with zero mana investment and almost zero downside. not as bad as leech gem which didnt take away life, but still pretty damn bad
Last edited by grepman on Apr 16, 2014, 1:44:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info