Reddit shows that there is still hope!

To the thread http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/22xibn/concerns_with_the_direction_of_difficulty/

Chris replied with:
This has been on my mind a lot also and there's stuff in the works to address overall difficulty and how it's balanced.

So there is still hope. Maybe just maybe Chris will see the light :).
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Also, I think one way to actually keep alt+f4 while reducing the reliance on spike damage, is to punish disconnects more heavily.

For instance, currently if you disconnect, you lose a map portal. What if a disconnect made you unable to reenter the map?

The disconnect issues in PoE are not severe at all, so the times when you would lose a map due to a uncontrollable disconnects would be very few.
Cool story bro.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
mazul wrote:
Also, I think one way to actually keep alt+f4 while reducing the reliance on spike damage, is to punish disconnects more heavily.

For instance, currently if you disconnect, you lose a map portal. What if a disconnect made you unable to reenter the map?

The disconnect issues in PoE are not severe at all, so the times when you would lose a map due to a uncontrollable disconnects would be very few.

id probably quit the game if they made it like this. my game still crashes quite a bit.
"
mazul wrote:

Uhhh, not true in my case at all. Not that I give a shit if someone wants to altf4. Doesn't affect me one bit.
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

Uhhh, not true in my case at all. Not that I give a shit if someone wants to altf4. Doesn't affect me one bit.

But it does affect you. Like the thread explains and like Chris acknowledges, the game is designed around alt+f4, which so far has lead to reliance on almost instant deaths to pose a danger for players.
Until there is desync, they cant remove insta-logut
Until there is insta-logout, they can only kill you with spike damage
goto 1
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I hope they can get it addressed. I can't help but feel like the unforgiving nature of difficulty is a large part of the reason it might be difficult for them to retain newer players.
"
awave wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

id probably quit the game if they made it like this. my game still crashes quite a bit.

Agreed. I'd quit instantly.

I don't alt+f4 my way out of shit but I disconnect at the worst times and my internet is a shitty provider who slows my net even though i over pay them monthly.

every few maps id lose a map and I wouldnt stand for it.

edit: if you want to stop alt+f4 noobing then make the character stay logged in for ten seconds when they alt f4 or just remove the ability to auto close
Any betrayal you can see is trivial, What is truly frightening and much more lethal is the
betrayal you cannot see.ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
_____________________________________IGN is Syphiroth_
this is a respected list for reasons.
rrtson
Last edited by Tipherith on Apr 14, 2014, 12:59:13 PM
Like he doesn't like the way fusing works (said about 6 months ago).
Yet still nothing happened regarding that matter and a lot more could be added to the list.

Hope you are right OP but to me playing PoE is like having sex by just going through the motion without any excitement; you know it's supposed to be awesome but you realize the beauty you have in your bed is a dead leaf.

Most of the time Chris talks in an evasive way so you can't be sure about what's really going on. For example his answer about the Player population on steam compared to "reality", he just says there are a lot more players on their platform that there is on steam. What's a lot? Couldn't we have a number or at least some proportions? Just sounds shady and feels like you are listening to some politician i.e "please just answer the question".

Bottom line is PoE is a great game but a lot of players are getting tired of seeing new useless superficial cosmetics effects while there is so much that has to be done regarding the core of the game. The priority list is messed up, Hailrake fixed? like seriously? I guess well done?

cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info