Reddit shows that there is still hope!

"
kasub wrote:
"
Step 1:
Disable alt+f4,

That's a horrible decision for any online game that has a hardcore mode.

+1

not everyone has a good internet connection.

These ideas of disabling alt+f4 / "instant" exit are terrible. It would make many players in Hc-Invasion league to either move to softcore league or quit the game.

The cooldown on tp & quit (even to id items) in Diablo 3 was a very bad idea. I don't want a game that forces me to wait to exit. It is a game = for fun. Especially in hardcore.
Everything in this game is meant to kill your character, with or without alt+f4 you will most likely rip sooner or later anyway.

=.= Pls ignore my old threads (more than 1 month ago) =.=
"
kasub wrote:
"
glh5 wrote:
Vote manipulation and vote botting is fucking rampant on reddit.

On a small subreddit like PoE's? As if.

It doesn't take many white knights to do that.

@Oracle
They aren't terrible, keep in mind that the game is balanced around it, if it isn't, it would be a whole different story.
The cooldown doesn't have to keep you in game for X seconds, you could leave the game but you'll still be there in the map for X seconds, so that's a solved issue.

And if you don't have a good internet connection, why bother playing online games at all?

The situation now is silly if you look at the whole log-out thing from aside, big players that keep claiming they're so hardcore and bashing the childish and casual D3 and yet look at them, life goes under 50% and it's just a matter of reflexes to log-out, not all of them do that all the time, of course, but...

The whole hardcore mentality is toxic.

Will not acknowledge PoE as hardcore game, not even a bit, until log-out scenario leaves the game for good.
there are macros/bots to logout 'when on low life' :) there are also similar tools for flasks spammage etc etc

some of these can be seen in action used by quite popular streamers

this game is 'hardcore' as in 'everything to win' - that is cheating, hacking (map hack is still there, not fixed - because all map is available to client), lying, scamming, rmt. everything for the win.

and when there is a risk of alt-f4 going away - oh the outcry!

but alt-f4 will never be removed, sadly
I see players who never played races or played just several cry about alt-f4 again...
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
jstq wrote:
I see players who never played races or played just several cry about alt-f4 again...

if you talk to me, talk to me

i have separate char just for races (not that i play them this season, or last.. ) check the schedule for europe and compare it with working hours and youll see why i cant be bothered with it
So imagine 'racing' with this stupid logout timer. It will look more like racing in wheelchairs. Whole idea of racing will be ruined, so lot of people quit.
t.me/jstqw for contact
Yes CT Races unthinkable.....
Please, make this instant log-out bullshit end already. This is bullshit, and everyone knows about it. Everyone will defend it tho, since they use it a lot. And this is what is the worst.

The balance of the game is bad, if you NEED to be able to log-out instantly. And this is what is going to be fixed if they are going to put log out timer. And stop defending it... If you are running into situation that you need to get out that way, or else you'll die, YOU FUCKED UP - DIE. As simple as that. Desync and other that kind of technical sutff is no excuse - it should be fixed too, not band-aided with instant log out.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
0 lifetime
t.me/jstqw for contact
I've no idea about racing, but if it's like you say, make it available in races, problem solved.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info