Reddit shows that there is still hope!

ive read similar statements from Chris before - in open beta we had this 'melee' patch that also rebalanced difficulty, lowered health % on the tree and in total turned out as a complete disaster

all of that to avoid nerfing Kaoms Heart

in this case im not a believer, in fact im not a believer since one of their uniques turned out to be breaking the game and they were ok with that

thus no donations.

if im to pay for a dream game - i have to believe it is going into good direction (or ANY direction) and nothing done since release makes me think that it is.

if im to pay for 'ok' game - then ive already paid enough for two retail games
@Hydraes: People who work on cosmetic effects are not the same as the ones that work on the core code of the engine/game balance etc.

So I see no reason to stop producing cosmetic effects. What they need is to hire more people to work on the game code.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Pretty much the only way I've ever died in PoE is instantly and I personally never log out to avoid death and play hardcore exclusively.

My most memorable deaths:
Getting chain stunned by bone rhoas in closed beta on my first ever character in cruel graveyard
Desyncing and dying to thicket boss in 2 seconds on my 70 witch in a 1 week race (to be fair i shouldnt have tried to fight it)
One shotting myself with a LA crit on lightning thorns shortly after the change on my first ever ranged character at 60 something
Panicking during my first ever dominus fight and running in circles in blood rain without thinking to port (basically my only death that didn't occur in under a few seconds)
Most recent death in nemesis I was hit from offscreen by 2 bone rhoa rares and 1 leaping chim rare all with extra dmg extra crit and sub. extra phys dmg aura all at once on a map and took around 5k damage instantly

With the exception of bleed effects or corrupting blood which are easily managed with good flask use I've never been at risk of dying over time.
I'm totally OK with one shot mechanics - THAT YOU CAN AVOID.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
andkamen wrote:
@Hydraes: People who work on cosmetic effects are not the same as the ones that work on the core code of the engine/game balance etc.

Faulty argument when the money that pays their salary is the same.

"
Hydraes wrote:
Hope you are right OP but to me playing PoE is like having sex by just going through the motion without any excitement; you know it's supposed to be awesome but you realize the beauty you have in your bed is a dead leaf.

WTF did I just read????
New Year's Resolutions:
- Chicken Nuggets
- No More Bullshit
Last edited by Firecrest5 on Apr 14, 2014, 1:33:23 PM
"
reboticon wrote:
I'm totally OK with one shot mechanics - THAT YOU CAN AVOID.

But but, telegraphed attacks!!
"
mazul wrote:
To the thread http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/22xibn/concerns_with_the_direction_of_difficulty/

Chris replied with:
This has been on my mind a lot also and there's stuff in the works to address overall difficulty and how it's balanced.

So there is still hope. Maybe just maybe Chris will see the light :).

Wow, so the rumors that Chris mostly replies to Reddit posts looks to be true. I guess I'll need to post there now that I've surpassed my goal to have 100 pages of posts (because I'll never get a build to level 100 the way PoE is going).

A game that let's you Alt-F4 bail out to avoid death and then the devs ramp up content to one shot kill faster than you can hit your hotkey? Seriously? I mean, WTF are the GGG devs doing this for. This is pure bull shit. I've never heard of anything like this before and it's no wonder the player base is going down.

Is this another lip service comment from Cris or is he and GGG serious about fixing PoE. The path they have taken PoE down has just about removed all the "fun to play" aspects and their Invasion League decision to one shot players from off screen is proof that they have lost touch with the majority of players last year that used to call PoE a great and fun arpg. We want some tough bosses and rogues but not blitzkrieg full health to dead in the blink of an eye. That is just suicidal of GGG to do that.

If anything needs to be done the ALT-F4 and instant portal out of danger should be removed and then the super tough rogues, uniques, etc. can't be escaped from instantly except by running away and thus their damage can be set at a more reasonable level for the hard to kill difficulty desired. Never, under any circumstances if we are properly geared for the level of content we are up against should we encounter a rogue that comes in and one-shot us in less than a second. How can anyone (except PoE uber hardcore masochists) ever think that this is fun. GGG, shame on you for doing this. Do you ever read any of the non-fanboy posts? Do you really think that this kind of action is going to endear us to keep playing PoE? What's going on with your thinking down under? Double shame on you!

The saying "There is no joy in Mudville" certainly applies to PoE v1.1.x.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 14, 2014, 2:28:54 PM
"
andkamen wrote:

So I see no reason to stop producing cosmetic effects. What they need is to hire more people to work on the game code.

I understand but that's related to the priority list. Throwing new MTX every week while there are tons of more important problems is not a very good move imo.

"
Firecrest5 wrote:

"
Hydraes wrote:
Hope you are right OP but to me playing PoE is like having sex by just going through the motion without any excitement; you know it's supposed to be awesome but you realize the beauty you have in your bed is a dead leaf.

WTF did I just read????

Weird metaphor I know, probably because I'm watching Two and a half men lately...
(removed by me, double post)
Last edited by Hydraes on Apr 14, 2014, 2:30:52 PM
A way to keep the insane mechanics in Invasion may be to add a better reroll option, like:

players who have defeated the game on Cruel and/or Mercilees with the given char at least once, get the option to reroll the same char starting at 2 lvls. below entry map lvl. (for Cruel or Merc respectivley) with the same skill tree/ingame decisions at that point, but without any further gear.
Thus you're still doing HC, because your old char is gone with the gear for good, but you can shortcut into Cruel or Merc, if you dare and/or have some decent other gear in your inventory from former runs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info