Reddit shows that there is still hope!

I think they definitely overtuned some of those invasion bosses. they always do with new content though, its always crazy hard.

I think people have to try and understand the mindset of the devs though. I think the way they play, they like to race through content, see how far they can get, and they do so in a throw away fashion. What I mean by that is they dont give a shit, if they die, meh, if their loot gets ninjad, meh, its all fun and games, I feel like they laugh when these things happen to them. Its just a game, its just for fun, reroll and do it again, experience that thrill of near death and the elation of besting those foes, the thrill of ninja looting ur mates op unique/orb, the banter than ensues. Its just pixels.

That may be a more casual mindset than many of us have, it may be completely alien to us, it may seem like what you do when you are so bored of games that you cant really take items and characters seriously any more so you need those extremes to make it fun and engage you in the moment, and maybe thats what it is, whos to say. They certainly have a different take on things than a lot of us, it happens, pro musicians tend to listen to very strange, inaccessible, 'difficult' music, film buffs get to the stage where David Lynch movies just arnt weird enough for them, its a common trend. I think the devs fight a constant battle to stay true to their vision as artists while trying to accommodate the alien mindsets of the player base. I feel like theyve been bent to our will on many occasions and the game is a better game for them having stuck to their guns against our will on occasion.

That said, yes some bosses were verging on retarded when Inv went live, but before that the game was wayyyy to easy when u knew what you were doing. The hardest part of the game was having the patience to wait for RNG to drop you a map that would give you xp. I think a lot of players grew soft, got too used to knowing how to beat everything, got lazy and now theyre being pussies because they actually have to play the game again. I feel like thats definitely a factor.

I cant wait till the invasion bosses come to the full leagues, I love the idea. Personally I cant be bothered playing invasion, I still give a shit about the game too much to give hardcore the time of day. Id end up like Kripp and Nugi, Id play for a while, end up ripping everything, feel like its pointless doing it all again for the 100th time and Id go play a shitty scrub game from Blizzard. But Im looking forward to being chased out of a map by a vicious enemy, there isnt enough of that sort of challenge in the perm leagues right now.
"
Hydraes wrote:
Throwing new MTX every week while there are tons of more important problems is not a very good move imo.

those mtx generate the money that pays for the rest of the team to work on the game, theyre the reason theres a game here for us to play at all.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Hydraes wrote:
Throwing new MTX every week while there are tons of more important problems is not a very good move imo.

those mtx generate the money that pays for the rest of the team to work on the game, theyre the reason there's a game here for us to play at all.

Yeah, except when they ignore the gameplay issues there are fewer and fewer people to buy their shiny gimmicks...
IGN - Xervitus
Dead Promises painting the world so pure....
This isnt hard to fix, seriously.

Step 1:
Disable alt+f4, disable macros that log you out, require 10 seconds before you can change character/exit game through the menu unless you are in town (99% of online games do this).

Step 2:
Balance the game around not being able to log out instantly.

Rocket science, I know.

This would also minimize the impact of de-synch because it would eliminate one shot mechanics.
Last edited by Mephasm on Apr 14, 2014, 5:37:34 PM
"
Step 1:
Disable alt+f4,

That's a horrible decision for any online game that has a hardcore mode.
"
kasub wrote:
"
Step 1:
Disable alt+f4,

Town portal, use it.

You shouldn't be able to escape from any situation with the press of a key. Alt+f4, most OP skill in the game.
Last edited by Mephasm on Apr 14, 2014, 5:46:37 PM
"
Mephasm wrote:

Step 1:
Disable alt+f4, disable macros that log you out, require 10 seconds before you can change character/exit game through the menu unless you are in town (99% of online games do this).

Yea, we don't want the game to be easier though.
anything is everything
"
Mephasm wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
"
Step 1:
Disable alt+f4,

Town portal, use it.

You're missing the point. PoE is online so there will always be people with unstable connections. Even getting your modem reset once a month could result in a character dying after investing 100s of hours into said character.

Rare server issues/desync are also present in online games.

It really wouldn't matter if this was a short roguelike or a typical MMO with no hardcore mode but it's not.
"
kasub wrote:

You're missing the point. PoE is online so there will always be people with unstable connections. Even getting your modem reset once a month could result in a character dying after investing 100s of hours into said character.

Rare server issues/desync are also present in online games.

It really wouldn't matter if this was a short roguelike or a typical MMO with no hardcore mode but it's not.

I guess that if you have awful connection you shouldn't even play online games, let alone the hardcore league without log-out.

Even if desync gets lowered to the appropriate level, I wouldn't play hardcore league, one reason is my ISP. Every hour of so I get some disturbances.

The point is, there shouldn't be those shit log-outs, if you die, you die. That's the point of the real hardcore mode.
Last edited by tinko92 on Apr 14, 2014, 6:02:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info