[Official] Kripp Wand Templar

"
oXu wrote:
"
PoE17 wrote:
hatred adds 15 percent of the PHYSICAL component of your damage as cold damage.
have a look at how much physical damage you do compared to elemental to see how unbeneficial this is for a 30 percent mana reserved cost aura.

With a wand like this however, hatred can be beneficial. For instance, if i switch to a tri ele dmg wand i get less damage than i get from this wand and hatred. Besides this, the cold damage done is good for freezing mobs. And its 25%, not 15% of physical dmg as cold.

I would definitely agree that for a good high physical wand with good supporting damage mods like the one you posted hatred would be of benefit (nice wand btw).
I have a similar wand in my inventory with similar high physical rolls but has garbage supporting mods, which meant it wasn't better than my elemental wand in my case and opposite to your situation. What probably makes your physical wand better than your elemental wand (a bit hard without seein its mods) is most likely to be the supporting mods, and like you said only with hatred aura on is it better. Elemental still scales better.

However his original question was why Kripp didn't use hatred, which is because his wand (posted on OP) was a more elemental based wand and running hatred wouldnt be worth it for an elemental roll wand.

What did you drop by the way to run hatred, Grace? or do you have enough mana pool and can run hatred on top of the standared aura's at reduced costs?

The cold damage is excellent for freezing mobs, definitely agree. My current wand has added cold and it is definitely noticeable and a nice mod to have, as opposed to added fire damage for instance if you had to compare the other element.

And its 15 percent at level 1, 25 percent at level 20. You could get to 20 percent pretty quickly but it will be a while before you get it to max 25.

@nocturnal_deity - yes if you could pick what stats you want on an item you would want chaos resists also, but good gear with life and chaos resists doesnt grow on trees. My templar buddy has positive chaos and i have -30, i sometimes have issues with the wharf boss whereas he doesnt :( so i run with a choas flask on that map. For general choas damage mobs such as snakes and alchemists you just have to totem up and be careful if you're soloing. If you're doing a map with chaos damage over time mod you will lose life over time even if youre life regen is higher than the chaos degen mod value due to haveing negative chaos res, so you have be attacking mobs to life leech to not die while standing still. My buddy with positive chaos can afk in a chaos degen map due to this.

@cocomoloco - i never picked up the ias personally, but i have the acceleration node in the shadow tree which is 12 percent ias and 20 dex - awesome node. I personally wouldnt value 6-ias more than a node which you could choose later on, whether it be a life node or a damage node of some sort. Though there probably would be wanders out there who love their ias.
Baked Beans - Meme Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
Last edited by PoE17 on Apr 4, 2013, 4:45:28 AM
I did not drop any aura, i just don't use haste. I use discipline, determination, clarity, wrath, anger, grace and hatred. After these i have 502 mana left. I no longer have the ele wand (sold it after Oo seeing it's less efficient than this one), i would have shown it. It was a pretty nice wand, the damages were not max but were towards high end.
ign: oXu / Hedonic / PuppyPower
what about these wands ? can i use 1 of them for the build?
Ign:
Brokthefearless
Tofastforme
Deadismyfriend
Coldshoulder
Yes, the second one, cataclysm cry imbued wand is decent.
How does the build peform in soloing maps? heard it wasnt very good.
Breach : MLXFL
Reading through the pages , its sounds like its a very good build at soloing maps, or iam wrong?
Ign:
Brokthefearless
Tofastforme
Deadismyfriend
Coldshoulder
"
william2433 wrote:

Hi! It's the other way around actually, this build is incredibly good at soloing maps. And i'm not talking when dressed with high-end gear, even with mid gear, its goes through maps like a hot knife through butter :)). I'm dressed mostly with mid gear, maybe i got 2 pieces or so high-end and i am able to clear 70+ maps without any issues .. solo. Highest i've done are 74 maps, i did not get a higher lvl drop so far.

With 7 power charges on, most of the bosses (except vaal or piety lol, i hate those bastards =) ) fall from 4 up to 7-8 single target power siphon shots. You get incredibly high crit hit chance with this build (60%++, wand+shield, not double wand) and very nice single target dps.
Last edited by oXu on Apr 5, 2013, 5:09:32 AM
"
oXu wrote:
"
william2433 wrote:

Hi! It's the other way around actually, this build is incredibly good at soloing maps. And i'm not talking when dressed with high-end gear, even with mid gear, its goes through maps like a hot knife through butter :)). I'm dressed mostly with mid gear, maybe i got 2 pieces or so high-end and i am able to clear 70+ maps without any issues .. solo. Highest i've done are 74 maps, i did not get a higher lvl drop so far.

With 7 power charges on, most of the bosses (except vaal or piety lol, i hate those bastards =) ) fall from 4 up to 7-8 single target power siphon shots. You get incredibly high crit hit chance with this build (60%++, wand+shield, not double wand) and very nice single target dps.

What he said. 66map takes like 2-3mins to clear...

After using a stack of chaos, I came up with the wand you see above. I like that all the attributes are useful. I wish the lightning & cold damage values were greater...so maybe a divine or two? What do you guys think? Is it worth it or should I keep going with the chaos. Keep in mind, the wand ILVL is 77.
My gear at 71 atm

Anything i can do a big improvement on?
Breach : MLXFL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info