[Official] Kripp Wand Templar

"
Also, LMP vs GMP? I have to drop an aura (usually grace, not sure what else I should drop *shrug*) to use GMP in my 5L, but it does seem to clear a room a lot faster. Are other peoople using LMP or GMP and what level are you?

What quality gems are worth getting?? Even if they're just 10% or so? Quality power siphon worth it? What else?

lvl 81 (nearly 82), using GMP ever since I had the mana to support it, yes the only ppl who think LMP is better are the ones who only know how to read their tooltip (but only use it if you can support it). You may however want to keep leveling an LMP in your swap. Reason is i use the LMP for half regen maps where my mana regen goes from 230 to 115 per second, and with my 6link GMP its 160 cost, with LMP its 120 which makes LMP suitable for the half regen.

You should read up on what quality does for gems at the very least.
The ones i use are:
- power siphon (qual) on aoe - which gives percent increased damage (20 qual is 15% increased damage)
- gmp (qual)on aoe - gives attack speed (20 qual is 10 percent increased ias)
- chain (qual) on aoe - gives projectile speed (20 qual is 20% increased projectile speed)
- increased crit (qual) on aoe - each point of qual gives +2 crit multiplier

I started getting quality for my AOE's first, then later started working towards quality for single target.

- i'll probably also try to get a qual weapon elemental, a 20 qual weapon elemental will give 10 percent increased elemental damage with weapons, much like the passive node you pick up.
- have not tried quality faster attacks or qual life leech
Baked Beans - Meme Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
Last edited by PoE17 on Mar 29, 2013, 1:57:57 AM
With 230 mana regen per second there is no way to sustain 160 mana cost GMP with any decent attack speed. And without any decent attack speed you cant kite mobs and your life leech rate just sux (i have over 3 attack per second and trust me, theres huge survivability difference even between 2.5-3 attacks per second). To sustain GMP mana cost u have to sacrifice even more damage choosing mana regen over any other important stats. Attack spread is quite huge so in most situations u wont be hitting with all your projectiles anyway which means what? Even less damage overall, worse life leech rate, worse kiting ability. LMP is the way to go in most situations.
@zerosoul - apologies for wall of text.

My AoE attack speed is 2.4 and single target is 3.0 attacks per second.
I have had higher attack speed in the set up during the building process, so I know exactly what you mean with the ease of kiting with higher attack speeds.

With regards to spamming AoE over and over I can get 15 in before the poor templar says "My Mana is Spent !!!" (and 13 attacks in with a lvl 11 artic armour activated) - i just checked. Single target is obviously endless.

With the dps i have this has been generally more than enough that i rarely ever have my characters mana depleted in combat situations. And i've done up to ilvl 75 maps in 2 and 3 man groups (where battle duration can be longer depending on group dps) with some retarded map mods and hard mob combinations. I haven't done higher because of my terrible RNG :(
I can't say that I've ever died or struggled becuase I don't know how to kite or can't kite properly because my attack speed is too low or my regen hasn't been sufficient, unless its half regen map of course where GMP is too hard to support and LMP is pretty much mandatory along with a hybrid / single mana flask to clear it more comfortably.

The regen is based on 7 auras, 4178 mana, 3207 reserved, 971 un-reserved, obviously if i had more mana reservation i would not get the 15 or so attacks in constant spamming, and more than 15 if i didnt use grace / got more mana through gear etc. (i only have mana regen on one piece of gear - but i was doing fine before i got that particular piece, so i would have to disagree with having to sacrifice important dps mods on gear for mana regen mods).

Just for you my dps numbers are a bit over 7.7k AoE (with GMP) and 32.3k Single with 80% crit chance and 600% multiplier (8.5k and 34.7k if i used frenzy). Majority of hits are crits, constant sound of glass breaks and a lot of screen shakes :)

(gear posted on page 58)

With regards to kiting in map soloing, which for me generally only occurs against flicker or very fast mobs sometimes rhoas and choas dealers its generally quicksilver, summon skeletons and continue nuking. Because if you're kiting it means the monsters are fast / hard hitting that you cant tank. If u play with another person or in a group theres so much garbage in between you and the monsters that I dont really find myself kiting at all/all that often. For solo, when you need them skeletons do the distracting so you can stand back and nuke away.

I do agree that attack speed is important, but have to disagree that LMP is the way to go in most situations. LMP is definitely the way to go during your character progression but GMP should be your end game support gem choice once you can support it sufficiently. I have used both supports and GMP as an AoE clears packs of mobs more quickly and efficiently imho.

I'm sorry GMP doesnt work for you and your wander / style of play at this stage. - me 2 cents.
Last edited by PoE17 on Mar 31, 2013, 2:40:46 PM
Sure its better if u can support it without sacrificing any attack speed and im talking here like 3.5 maybe 4 attacks per second with frenzy and haste. That would be 160 x 4 = 640 mana per second dude. Even with perfect mana regen gear u wont be able to sustain it and getting mana regen from gear hurts your dps or other stats. The other thing is that chained GMP advantages kicks in on huge packs only cause of its spread which is even worse in melee range. With LMP there is no issue with mana regen, no issue with projectiles spread, no issue with choosing mana regen over any other attribute / talent. The only downside of LMP shows up when it comes to fight really huge packs of weak mobs since u wont be able to clear them with just one strike but with that kind of attack speed it really doesnt matter that much. And its not really about kiting mobs but being able to constantly reposition yourself between every attack which is way more challenging and fun (MICRO FTW !) then standing still or running back / forward. And finally the life leech rate and survivability...with that kind of attack speed most mobs wont be able to reach you, wont be able to interrupt you and if they do it really doesnt matter that much anyway since u have 3 more attacks per second to leech life constantly and facetank most of the mobs. I used to run with only 2 and 2.5 attacks per second and believe me...its not the same thing were talking about here. No offense man, its just my point of view.
Its quite obvious we have different playstyles and opinions.

I know exactly what you're talking about, i have used frenzy before, personally dont like it with the speed at which monsters die on crits anyway. I have experienced 3.5 aps, but not 4, i have only experienced 4 on my ranger which the kiting and mobility of play suits the class well.

Regardless of what you and I prefer, I would encourage wanders to try both and make your own mind and choose your own which suits the way you play and also importantly current gear level, which determines what you can and can't do with your character.

I'll leave it at that.
Last edited by PoE17 on Mar 29, 2013, 10:32:07 PM
HC wander gear for sale. PM me ingame @ Mahiki or PM me on the forum.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Hey guys I'm sorry to bug you with a noob question but I couldn't find any answers through google... Does this build work well in the default league as well or is it intended to be used for hardcore only?
"
Anutut wrote:
Hey guys I'm sorry to bug you with a noob question but I couldn't find any answers through google... Does this build work well in the default league as well or is it intended to be used for hardcore only?

Yes it works just as fine as in HC. Though, if you're not playing with friends in parties etc, you should probably not go for Conduit, majority of people won't even notice it's benefits anyway.

"
zerosouL wrote:
With 230 mana regen per second there is no way to sustain 160 mana cost GMP with any decent attack speed. And without any decent attack speed you cant kite mobs and your life leech rate just sux (i have over 3 attack per second and trust me, theres huge survivability difference even between 2.5-3 attacks per second). To sustain GMP mana cost u have to sacrifice even more damage choosing mana regen over any other important stats. Attack spread is quite huge so in most situations u wont be hitting with all your projectiles anyway which means what? Even less damage overall, worse life leech rate, worse kiting ability. LMP is the way to go in most situations.

Cannot say aspd is not important or whatever, but kiting is not the way the wander actually should play. Usually u 1-3shot like half of your screen (of course, when you reach certain level of gear; on the other hand, before making this build you should already know it's VERY gear dependant), so I don't see the point in all this wall of text about ability to kite.
Another thing: You don't really need to sacrifice any dps for regen. Just get couple pieces of gear with huge es (for example shield), your manapool will be "over9000" (more mana = more regen), and combined with couple manaregen mods on your gear you will have enough regen to sustain GMP on proper aspd. Profit.
PoE17's gear (looking at his numbers) is quite crazy though ^^
Can I get some input on this wand price/usefulness wise.

IGN - xNoClass
i'm a CI based power siphon build. here's my gear

Spoiler

i think lmp works well enough. i don't think i can afford a gmp. i can't support a high AS since my mana regen just covers my current 4L PS-LMP-chain-life leech

i use elemental hit as single target. it's much better than using power siphon as single target

i'm only in act 2 merciless however, never done maps before

btw, you can use power siphon from the start. it'll be a bit slow, but it can work. once you get a decent mana regen with high mana on gear and clarity, you can add lmp to PS, then chain, then life leech.
Last edited by scrtwpnx on Mar 30, 2013, 11:36:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info