1.2.0 - Spectral Throw Crit Dagger (HC Viable)

Have a few questions for those of you with experience using phys crit ST.

Thinking I'll be doing this in a 5L without using PCoC:

ST
LMP
Increased Crit DMG
Added Fire
Phys Proj DMG
Faster Attacks (6L?)

Would it be better to use Faster Attacks instead of either Added Fire or Phys Proj DMG to keep the top end down to mitigate the chances of reflect suicide and to crit at a higher rate? If so, what is priority, Added Fire or Phys Proj DMG?

In a 6L, I'd assume that just adding Faster Attacks would be the way to go if Assassin's Mark works as we hope.

As for single target, on the fence about Molten Strike vs Double Strike

Molten Strike
Increased Crit DMG
Weapon Elemental DMG
Faster Attacks

Double Strike
Increased Crit DMG
Melee Physical
Multistrike

So to summarize:

1)What is the 5L ST setup assuming PCoC is not being linked? What is the 6th link?
2)Does Added Fire or Physical Projectile DMG take priority when linking up ST?
3)Double Strike or Molten Strike for single target?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Ah yes I thought about this when I heard about the new Assassin's Mark, hopefully it'll be enough to maintain charges!

ST + LMP + Inc Crit Dmg + Phys Proj Atk Damage + Added Fire/Faster Attacks + Accuracy

Phys Proj very high because it scales your Auras damage.

I value Faster Attacks pretty low because of mana usage. If you can sustain it, it's probably nice than Added Fire. Accuracy is amazing as a 6th link because crit rolls accuracy twice! However if reflect damage is becoming a problem then Added Fire would be a good 6th.

As for single target you'll have to play with it I actually have no idea which will be better. Should be MultiStrike instead of FA on Molten Strike though.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Charburn on Aug 19, 2014, 9:50:25 PM
for HC the safest choice would probably be the acro/ondar version right? to avoid phys reflect fun
"
Charburn wrote:

way too few es nodes, theres no way you can play like that

@vg22869
yep that version is best for hc

@topic

lets see how the new assassins mark turns out
but the chance to gain a power charge should be rather high to make me drop the pcoc gem for it
and for bosses you wont have any (except those from nearby monster maybe)
Last edited by prospecial on Aug 20, 2014, 8:58:12 AM
Hey,

what do you think about my ST Crit Dagger build (yes, its Ranger, but can be Shadow aswell)

https://poebuilder.com/builds/stormnight-physsplitarrow

(dont mind the link name)
"
Stormnight wrote:
Hey,

what do you think about my ST Crit Dagger build (yes, its Ranger, but can be Shadow aswell)

https://poebuilder.com/builds/stormnight-physsplitarrow

(dont mind the link name)

Well seeing as it's basically the same as the one I have linked in the OP it's pretty decent. From the Shadows and Brutal Efficiency are not worth the points though. Best spent elsewhere.
Think we could get a 1-20/20-40/40-60 level progression for the 1.2 update? I find it pretty self explanatory but I wanna be sure since I will go ahead and run this build for my shadow character.

Might go for the offensive IR variant
Last edited by Wyra on Aug 20, 2014, 11:42:49 AM
Which build do you think will be safer for the new HC league? IR or Acro+Ondar's?
Last edited by MuFeR on Aug 20, 2014, 11:43:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info