[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
NoImagination wrote:
"
RocketRandom wrote:
I bought the cheapest 6L I could find (cannot afford any more expensive ones)

Its corroupted and has 3 green sockets - while parting that's not an issue. I use the 3rd green for culling.
What would be the best 3rd green support to have when solo ?

It might be fun to try LMP. Otherwise, blind or additional cold damage seem useful. Cull is still fine solo obviously.

"
sighlight wrote:
hey NoImagination,

can you tell me about mortal conviction? Does it allow you to run at least 2 auras? I am reluctant to take BM since I love my auras. They just take way too much of my health currently. so I didnt take bm yet. I use a BM gem in my 6l

I don't think you can run auras with BM with this build. I run Herald of Ice (for 8% - it'd go down to 7% with a level 20 reduced mana) and that's it. I guess the question is - what are the auras for? You aren't going to be running late game maps with this build. You sacrifice play in late game maps for the ability to farm Piety/Dominus with huge IIR with great survivability for these zones.

I think it's also good to play builds that have totally different requirements to each other. Avoiding auras sometimes might open you to different ways to play the game.

Thanks for the reply. The reason I want to run 2 auras is because I am going to try doing Dominus with a Tabula Rasa with a Blood Magic gem in it. The two auras will be a combination of the 4 elemental resist gems (including purity of elements). This is because Tabula Rasa is sorely lacking in resists but it is a cheap 6L that would allow me to fit a BM gem in it to skip the BM node.

Another reason why I am running the two auras is because I will be wearing two andvarius rings which just kill my ele resists and my other IIR gear is very lacking in resists. The two ele resist auras would greatly help me in this.

It sucks that BM node will not allow me to run 2 auras. darnit. Oh well, will try doing this without BM node and report back after I face dominus.
"
Thanks for the reply. The reason I want to run 2 auras is because I am going to try doing Dominus with a Tabula Rasa with a Blood Magic gem in it. The two auras will be a combination of the 4 elemental resist gems (including purity of elements). This is because Tabula Rasa is sorely lacking in resists but it is a cheap 6L that would allow me to fit a BM gem in it to skip the BM node.

Another reason why I am running the two auras is because I will be wearing two andvarius rings which just kill my ele resists and my other IIR gear is very lacking in resists. The two ele resist auras would greatly help me in this.

It sucks that BM node will not allow me to run 2 auras. darnit. Oh well, will try doing this without BM node and report back after I face dominus.

The BM node is the nearest from Marauder's start , you should take it , also the Mortal Conviction.Atm I'm running Tabula Rasa and 1 Andvarius ring, the resistance are still > 75% even without elemental resist aura and Diamond Skin node which give you 15% to all Res.Also I'm running Herald of Ice for some dps and Vitality for survivalbility.When I can afford 1 more Andvarius, I just need to get Diamond Skin, so Resistance problem solved.

My skill tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAA8YEBwYOBqAJ9gxfEFgQzBQgFHEYahiRHKcdFB8CJbwnLyftKhMqjSu2LJwspzI0NZI22DbpOlg8LT38PydEq0kbSsRKyE99UEdRYFOlVa5VtVXGWAdYY1nzWitfP2P9ZIRmnmwWbqpyqXgveGl85X7igFaCEIPbhxmHZYxGjM-PRo-mkFWboZ7No_KnMKyYrKqvt7Xytz68n8AawQTE9sauxtjYvd-w37_jauOf6hjsVe8O8Wz2SPau9zL31_jr-b360vxL_go=

My gear:
Spoiler

Glad to hear everyone's opinion about my stuff !
Last edited by maplehell on Sep 17, 2014, 10:08:09 AM
"
maplehell wrote:
"

The BM node is the nearest from Marauder's start , you should take it , also the Mortal Conviction.Atm I'm running Tabula Rasa and 1 Andvarius ring, the resistance are still > 75% even without elemental resist aura and Diamond Skin node which give you 15% to all Res.Also I'm running Herald of Ice for some dps and Vitality for survivalbility.When I can afford 1 more Andvarius, I just need to get Diamond Skin, so Resistance problem solved.

My skill tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAA8YEBwYOBqAJ9gxfEFgQzBQgFHEYahiRHKcdFB8CJbwnLyftKhMqjSu2LJwspzI0NZI22DbpOlg8LT38PydEq0kbSsRKyE99UEdRYFOlVa5VtVXGWAdYY1nzWitfP2P9ZIRmnmwWbqpyqXgveGl85X7igFaCEIPbhxmHZYxGjM-PRo-mkFWboZ7No_KnMKyYrKqvt7Xytz68n8AawQTE9sauxtjYvd-w37_jauOf6hjsVe8O8Wz2SPau9zL31_jr-b360vxL_go=

My gear:
Spoiler

Glad to hear everyone's opinion about my stuff !

wtf. that belt...it's like made specifically for this belt. sick gear man! thanks for the info! I will go mortal convication and BM then. it seems like i dont have to worry too much about ele resists.

BTW:

how do u guys deal with the lack of dex? any big problems? or is it easily covered with gear?
Last edited by sighlight on Sep 17, 2014, 10:08:59 AM
Aha, I didn't realise that Doryani's Invitation was available in Beyond yet. That's definitely one to aim for.
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
RocketRandom wrote:
I bought the cheapest 6L I could find (cannot afford any more expensive ones)

Its corroupted and has 3 green sockets - while parting that's not an issue. I use the 3rd green for culling.
What would be the best 3rd green support to have when solo ?

It might be fun to try LMP. Otherwise, blind or additional cold damage seem useful. Cull is still fine solo obviously.

Thanks I will try out all of them and check what works better :)
"
sighlight wrote:

wtf. that belt...it's like made specifically for this belt. sick gear man! thanks for the info! I will go mortal convication and BM then. it seems like i dont have to worry too much about ele resists.

BTW:

how do u guys deal with the lack of dex? any big problems? or is it easily covered with gear?

We just need 109 dex for lvl 20 GMP. If you have 2 andvarius ring then you got 20 dex.
+ 10 dex near Tometic Zeal.
For more 79 dex, it's easy to cover with gears. But if you cant get enough with your gears, try the Expertise node near Zealot's Oath (+30 dex) or get a Lioneye's Paws (+ 40-60 dex).I think we should get enough dex on gears because Expertise costs 2 skill points and Lioneye's Paws give us no res,iiq,iir,...Those are big lost.
"
maplehell wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:

BTW:

We just need 109 dex for lvl 20 GMP. If you have 2 andvarius ring then you got 20 dex.
+ 10 dex near Tometic Zeal.
For more 79 dex, it's easy to cover with gears. But if you cant get enough with your gears, try the Expertise node near Zealot's Oath (+30 dex) or get a Lioneye's Paws (+ 40-60 dex).I think we should get enough dex on gears because Expertise costs 2 skill points and Lioneye's Paws give us no res,iiq,iir,...Those are big lost.

perandus blazon also gives you dex (from 'all attributes')
Thanks guys, I will keep that in mind when I go shopping for gear. Extra slot so I can add dex.
I have hit lvl 65. lvl 18 flame totem in a 5l with gmp+fastproj+fastcast+firepen. 3.9k life. resists capped. ~4k armour. no MF yet. What should I aim for in order of importance(quality gems, andvarius, 6l, any other MF gear) ?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by jardocanthate on Sep 18, 2014, 4:15:55 AM
what would be better as a gem linked with flame totem: add cold dmg or add chaos dmg and why ?
IGN: Imoenpl, nieuczdziadajakcharchac
my first POEvid "Hybrid Wander and Atziri fight" http://youtu.be/0e-ffI2cOfY

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info