[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

Hi

Thanks for this build. I need a build which gives me fun without collecting mirrored gear and it is exactly what i need.

I am on 50 lvl with this gear i have no problem with leveling (a3c):

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAA8YGDgn2FCAUcRZvGJEdFCSqJy8qEyqNLKc22DbpOlg9_EkbSsRQR1XGWGNZ81orXz9j_Waeah5yqXhpjM-PRpBVm6GezaPypKynMKgYrJisqryfwBrG2NIh37_jauOf6hjsVe8O8WzyL_ZI9q73MvfX-Ov60g==

Waiting for better scepter and armor:

IGN: Imoenpl, nieuczdziadajakcharchac
my first POEvid "Hybrid Wander and Atziri fight" http://youtu.be/0e-ffI2cOfY
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEDxgSzBg4GoAn2EMwUIBRNFHEVIBZvGJEaOCLiJKonLyftKPoqEypNK7YspzLRNZI26TwtPfw_J0GHRUdG10rESshM_099UEdRYFW1WGNZ81orXcZfP2P9ZIRmnmwWbqpyqXhpfuKAVoLHhxmKr4xGjM-QEZBVns2iAKPypKynCKcwp4SnlKyqr2y1BLXytz64k7yfwBrBBMT2xYrGrsbY0f3Yvdrd37_jauOf6hjr7u8O8B_yL_ZI9q73MviT-Ov5vfno-tL8S_4K

Is there a reason why some of you guys are not going for witch start? Someone tested and found that it is the best for DPS.

Just wondering what you guys think.
I was wondering if using a 6L whatever staff with FT, Culling strike, 4x item rarity on switch for bosses is useful. That would give +200iir by investing 1ex or something for a white or blue staff.
Builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1813247
Challenge boss kill services : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1814668
"
SUPEROUMAN wrote:
I was wondering if using a 6L whatever staff with FT, Culling strike, 4x item rarity on switch for bosses is useful. That would give +200iir by investing 1ex or something for a white or blue staff.

what? really? you can stack item rarity gems?
"
lazycalm2 wrote:
Is a High quality Flame Totem required for this build?

emphatically no.

i'd say mess around with the mechanics to learn how the AI responds to totem and player positioning and be strategic with your placement. as it is, my strategy for tentacle/freeze pulse mobs (which someone mentioned as totem killers) is to place one in front to draw aggro then immediately (as fast as your cast will let you) place one to the side and keep alternating side-front-side. unless they're frenzied/onslaught/fast green aura, the animation and attack locks them in place for valuable seconds.

i'd also highly recommend a trap - multi trap - cold snap - elemental proliferation. invaluable for early level and still effective up to 78 maps, and an absolute godsend for strongboxes. place a bunch of these and your totems before you pop the box and 99% of the time everything freezes, and your totems massively damage if not kill almost everything that spawns. also helps with tentacle peeps as well as others.

i tell you, in a mad dash for DPS, flame totem was the last gem i q'd up, on my 85 invasion marauder and my recently rip'd 82.9 beyond marauder. a FOUR link setup took me to 75 and 79 for invasion and beyond respectively. i went for gmp and faster projectiles first (+20% cast rate for both 20q) and then whatever gave the most dps.

i cast those things like a madman too. personally i think there's a fine art to positioning them and your toon effectively to stay out of harm's way, and to escape without much trouble if you end up IN harm's way.

if you tl:dr, emphatically no you do not need ANY quality on flame totems. as it is this build is fairly cruise control.
So...
I'd like to know if it'd be possible to get an exact skill tree to follow for this build. Flame Totem Solo, for maps and what not, main idea being to MF like crazy.
Is the skill tree all that viable from the first page? Is there an optimized version out there?

If all of that has already been answered in another page, I'll gladly take the hint.
Thanks.
"
sighlight wrote:
"
SUPEROUMAN wrote:

You can't.

"
"
lazycalm2 wrote:

emphatically no.

i'd say mess around with the mechanics to learn how the AI responds to totem and player positioning and be strategic with your placement. as it is, my strategy for tentacle/freeze pulse mobs (which someone mentioned as totem killers) is to place one in front to draw aggro then immediately (as fast as your cast will let you) place one to the side and keep alternating side-front-side. unless they're frenzied/onslaught/fast green aura, the animation and attack locks them in place for valuable seconds.

I tend to do this poorly, but my aim is to see them, let them start firing at me, then place a totem at the ends of their line.

I think you're mistaken in general though - the quality just makes life easier. There're lots of things you can do in this game that make you slightly more powerful at the expense of quality of life (or chance of staying alive even), but in the long term I prefer better ease of playing.

"
i tell you, in a mad dash for DPS, flame totem was the last gem i q'd up, on my 85 invasion marauder and my recently rip'd 82.9 beyond marauder. a FOUR link setup took me to 75 and 79 for invasion and beyond respectively. i went for gmp and faster projectiles first (+20% cast rate for both 20q) and then whatever gave the most dps.

I'm 81 in beyond and don't use a 5L.

"
Vjorkal wrote:
So...
I'd like to know if it'd be possible to get an exact skill tree to follow for this build. Flame Totem Solo, for maps and what not, main idea being to MF like crazy.
Is the skill tree all that viable from the first page? Is there an optimized version out there?

If all of that has already been answered in another page, I'll gladly take the hint.
Thanks.

Optimised for what? My tree is:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBA8YEBwYOBqAJ9hBYEMwUIBRxFm8YahiRGNcaOBynHRQfAiSqJbwnLyftKhMrtiycLKcyNDWSNuk6WDwtPfw_J0rESshPfVBHUWBTpVRJVbVVxlgHWGNZ81orXz9j_WSEZp5sFm6qcql4L3hpfOV-4oBWg9uHGYdljEaMz49GkFWboZ7No_KkrKcwp4SsmKyqr7e18rc-vJ_AGsEExBXE9sauxtjYvd-_42rjn-oY7w7yL_ZI9q73MvfX-JP46_m9-tL8S_4K
Optimized for MFing Maps, solo preferably. Like I mentioned in my previous post.
And the tree you just posted, is that a low life build?

Is the 2nd curse actually needed for the build?
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:
"
SUPEROUMAN wrote:

You can't.

"
"
lazycalm2 wrote:

emphatically no.

I tend to do this poorly, but my aim is to see them, let them start firing at me, then place a totem at the ends of their line.

I think you're mistaken in general though - the quality just makes life easier. There're lots of things you can do in this game that make you slightly more powerful at the expense of quality of life (or chance of staying alive even), but in the long term I prefer better ease of playing.

"

I'm 81 in beyond and don't use a 5L.

"
Vjorkal wrote:
So...

Thanks.

Optimised for what? My tree is:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBA8YEBwYOBqAJ9hBYEMwUIBRxFm8YahiRGNcaOBynHRQfAiSqJbwnLyftKhMrtiycLKcyNDWSNuk6WDwtPfw_J0rESshPfVBHUWBTpVRJVbVVxlgHWGNZ81orXz9j_WSEZp5sFm6qcql4L3hpfOV-4oBWg9uHGYdljEaMz49GkFWboZ7No_KkrKcwp4SsmKyqr7e18rc-vJ_AGsEExBXE9sauxtjYvd-_42rjn-oY7w7yL_ZI9q73MvfX-JP46_m9-tL8S_4K

I love your tree. I agree with it for what I need (high MF and not too much focus on life since im just Dominus farming). DPS focus to kill quick.

However, I must ask you. Why not get the heart of flame near witch start? Instead you go for Arsonist. I can see that you are currently going for all of witch start. awesome. Thank you sir. you are very helpful in keeping this build current.
Last edited by sighlight on Sep 16, 2014, 8:06:45 AM
"
Vjorkal wrote:
Optimized for MFing Maps, solo preferably. Like I mentioned in my previous post.
And the tree you just posted, is that a low life build?

Is the 2nd curse actually needed for the build?

Depends what you mean by low life. I'm > 4k at the moment and don't have life on amulet, rings, boots or gloves.

The 2nd curse is to clear faster. Mostly when you're slow it's because you're facing cold/ele resist or beyond mobs. The 2nd curse cuts them down immediately.

"
sighlight wrote:
I love your tree. I agree with it for what I need (high MF and not too much focus on life since im just Dominus farming). DPS focus to kill quick.

However, I must ask you. Why not get the heart of flame near witch start? Instead you go for Arsonist. I can see that you are currently going for all of witch start. awesome. Thank you sir. you are very helpful in keeping this build current.

I wanted Arsonist for the 1% regen too. I don't have much regen from elsewhere as I mostly went for armour nodes instead (I am ~9k armour)

I avoided Heart of Flame because it's the same DPS to go the witch route. The downside is that you lose the 2% fire pen, but the upside is that you gain int. More importantly, you have more options for the future (e.g you can go to Heart of Flame now if you want...), while going directly to Heart of Flame you're kind of stuck. I don't think there's much point trying to adapt this build to higher maps, so you are unlikely to get past 85 or so with it due to the XP caps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info