[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

Got a question about shock nova and conversion trap. it seems like you guys are using extra curses. Currently I only use temporal chains and Flammability. Anything else you reccommend i try? I am only farming piety and dominus. mostly just dom.

would appreciate someone explaining the mechanics behind shock nova and conversion. i feel like it is unnecessary since we have flammability.
Last edited by sighlight on Sep 20, 2014, 7:56:30 AM
"
sighlight wrote:
Got a question about shock nova and conversion trap. it seems like you guys are using extra curses. Currently I only use temporal chains and Flammability. Anything else you reccommend i try? I am only farming piety and dominus. mostly just dom.

would appreciate someone explaining the mechanics behind shock nova and conversion. i feel like it is unnecessary since we have flammability.

You can use fire trap instead of shock nova to put in some extra damage. Or maybe an Vaal Skill (trap,vaal fireball>firepen)
Last edited by drokzzz on Sep 20, 2014, 12:49:34 PM
"
sighlight wrote:

i use elemental weakness and flammability, to cut down mobs and to kill bosses faster. i use enfeeble or chains or both on the really tough bosses or beyond mobs. also, i sometimes swap out faster projectiles for blind on the really in-your-face physical-heavy bosses. like when i have to stay in second-form dom's tiny little circle.

the mechanics behind shock nova and conversion trap... are simple. you throw traps, usually multi, that detonate and either stack shocks or convert enemies. in my experience, i never got into shock nova traps because they just seemed to not shock enough. lately i've been using three dragons, which seems to shock ALL the time, and you don't have to constantly throw traps.

conversion trap i've been using for single targets. usually aimed at anyone in a mob (usually at the front of the mob closest to me) to distract the mob and give them another target. i find it extremely useful for dealing with beyond guys, especially if they have an aura. the idea is that not only are they now fighting for you, but they are also now getting their asses kicked by their buddies. i try to make it so that little to no focus is on me.

i used to have converstion trap multi, but that got to be a pain in the ass since then you'd have like 3 little bastards following you around... and you're waiting... for them to finally turn back so you can kill em.

conversion trap is also useful near a box. i put one or two close to a strongbox, then once it pops, there's a convert for the mob to focus on.

imo, cold snap multi trap is more useful than shock nova.
2 question's are you using the storm wheel shield or the yellow? also when you vaal orb a gem it already has to be 20% in order to become 23% yes?
"
"
sighlight wrote:

i use elemental weakness and flammability, to cut down mobs and to kill bosses faster. i use enfeeble or chains or both on the really tough bosses or beyond mobs. also, i sometimes swap out faster projectiles for blind on the really in-your-face physical-heavy bosses. like when i have to stay in second-form dom's tiny little circle.

the mechanics behind shock nova and conversion trap... are simple. you throw traps, usually multi, that detonate and either stack shocks or convert enemies. in my experience, i never got into shock nova traps because they just seemed to not shock enough. lately i've been using three dragons, which seems to shock ALL the time, and you don't have to constantly throw traps.

conversion trap i've been using for single targets. usually aimed at anyone in a mob (usually at the front of the mob closest to me) to distract the mob and give them another target. i find it extremely useful for dealing with beyond guys, especially if they have an aura. the idea is that not only are they now fighting for you, but they are also now getting their asses kicked by their buddies. i try to make it so that little to no focus is on me.

i used to have converstion trap multi, but that got to be a pain in the ass since then you'd have like 3 little bastards following you around... and you're waiting... for them to finally turn back so you can kill em.

conversion trap is also useful near a box. i put one or two close to a strongbox, then once it pops, there's a convert for the mob to focus on.

imo, cold snap multi trap is more useful than shock nova.

thanks for explaining! hmm flammability and elemental weakness sound crazy good.
hey guys, im currently level 72 using this build.

My Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAA8YEBwYOCfYMXxBYEMwUIBRxGJEcpx0UHwInLyftKhMrtiycLKcyNDWSNtg26TpYPC09_D8nSsRKyE99UEdRYFOlVcZYY1nzWitfP2P9ZIRmnmoebBZuqnKpeGl-4oBWg9uHGYdljEaMz49GkFWboZ7No_KkrKcwqBismKyqr7e18rc-vJ_AGsT2xq7G2NIh2L3fv-Nq45_qGO8O8WzyL_ZI9q73MvfX-JP46_rS_Ev-Cg==

My Gear

My stats atm are 3.7k hp, 5.2k armor, over caped resists, 170 IIR and a 1.8k tooltip using LMP.

My reasoning behind using LMP over GMP is that i notice that most of the time my totems arent shotgunning and even if one is indeed shotgunning the other one isnt, so over all it seems somehow more logical to go LMP.

So a few questions regarding gear.

What should be my next few upgrades? (disregarding my chest ofc since it sucks :P )
Should i try and Vaal orb stuff ? Any downside to that ?
It blows my mind how people are suggesting getting andvarius and doryanis like it it nothing...
"I'm level 62 and just got my 2nd andvarius" must be nice to be rich
I would love to use these items, but these items are INSANLEY expensive
I'm level 81 and maybe have an exalt worth of currency.
The average player doesn't get expensive drops so how in the world are people affording this stuff???

Show me your secrets; or maybe I'm just not lucky...
Last edited by Combinate on Sep 21, 2014, 4:51:38 AM
"
Stated wrote:
It blows my mind how people are suggesting getting andvarius and doryanis like it it nothing...
"I'm level 62 and just got my 2nd andvarius" must be nice to be rich
I would love to use these items, but these items are INSANLEY expensive
I'm level 81 and maybe have an exalt worth of currency.
The average player doesn't get expensive drops so how in the world are people affording this stuff???

Show me your secrets; or maybe I'm just not lucky...

i usually get my exalts trading my chaos orbs. on an average dominus run, i usually get around 8-10 alts from selling the identified drops to vendors. with an average run of 5 minutes, it all adds up. then just sell your alts to players to get chaos orbs. you can also supplement it with chaos orb recipes. (personally, i go for the 2 chaos recipe. it's extremely rare to get gear that is sellable to other players.) it was through this that i was able to get my andvarius at level 80. I do minimal trading and i usually play solo.

regarding the doryani's catalyst, i'm not in a hurry to get it right now. i'm doing 3.1k dps on my dps totem using a tabula rasa. on a 5l, i do 2.6k (this is with HoI active). I was lucky enough to get a decent scepter for 5c and i added a 1% fire leech mod to it so what i had was pretty much a junior version of the doryani.

i also have a question regarding the doryani. since the affixes refer to elemental damage, i assume that it doesn't boost the damage of the added chaos gem. does this mean that a rare 90 spell damage scepter could result in higher dps than that of the doryani?
"
Dmentor wrote:

My Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAA8YEBwYOCfYMXxBYEMwUIBRxGJEcpx0UHwInLyftKhMrtiycLKcyNDWSNtg26TpYPC09_D8nSsRKyE99UEdRYFOlVcZYY1nzWitfP2P9ZIRmnmoebBZuqnKpeGl-4oBWg9uHGYdljEaMz49GkFWboZ7No_KkrKcwqBismKyqr7e18rc-vJ_AGsT2xq7G2NIh2L3fv-Nq45_qGO8O8WzyL_ZI9q73MvfX-JP46_rS_Ev-Cg==

My Gear

My stats atm are 3.7k hp, 5.2k armor, over caped resists, 170 IIR and a 1.8k tooltip using LMP.

My reasoning behind using LMP over GMP is that i notice that most of the time my totems arent shotgunning and even if one is indeed shotgunning the other one isnt, so over all it seems somehow more logical to go LMP.

What should be my next few upgrades? (disregarding my chest ofc since it sucks :P )

what do u mean by shotgunning? I thought LMP sucks compared to GMP. Hmm. Can someone tell me why someone would use the lesser?

Also for the expensive items...yeah it's fucking expensive for new players and they cannot afford it. But as far as builds go, you don't need the andvarius to make this build work and to kill dominus. But doing dominus and higher maps with this easy ass build will help u get drops and you just sell and grind your way up.

personally, I got lucky and my friends gave me a shitload of exalts so I got a head start. If it wasn't for them, it would take me forever to get those items.

I am currently lvl 71, sqiushy as hell with tabula rasa, 2.2k dps, and only 2.6k health. I went for all the damage nodes first but now I am going for the health. 400+ IIR with shield switch.

Later on I think I will get the curse nodes. i think they are very helpful in cutting down mobs.

Piety is a breeze. gonna get my health up though before I go try kill dominus. by then my gems should be at least 18 or higher and my dps will be a bit better.

As for items, I am still looking for a sexy weapon. I have an extra doryani's belt if anyone has a good upgrade for me!
Last edited by sighlight on Sep 21, 2014, 9:29:13 AM
"
sighlight wrote:
"
Dmentor wrote:

My Tree

My Gear

what do u mean by shotgunning? I thought LMP sucks compared to GMP. Hmm. Can someone tell me why someone would use the lesser?

Also for the expensive items...yeah it's fucking expensive for new players and they cannot afford it. But as far as builds go, you don't need the andvarius to make this build work and to kill dominus. But doing dominus and higher maps with this easy ass build will help u get drops and you just sell and grind your way up.

personally, I got lucky and my friends gave me a shitload of exalts so I got a head start. If it wasn't for them, it would take me forever to get those items.

I am currently lvl 71, sqiushy as hell with tabula rasa, 2.2k dps, and only 2.6k health. I went for all the damage nodes first but now I am going for the health. 400+ IIR with shield switch.

Later on I think I will get the curse nodes. i think they are very helpful in cutting down mobs.

Piety is a breeze. gonna get my health up though before I go try kill dominus. by then my gems should be at least 18 or higher and my dps will be a bit better.

As for items, I am still looking for a sexy weapon. I have an extra doryani's belt if anyone has a good upgrade for me!

Well, each GMP stream does 50% dmg, so at shotgun range thats 250% dmg vs LMP that does 70% per steam and 210% dmg at shotgun range. So to my thinking since i never have both totems shotgunning because of boss and mobs moving its better to go LMP. But thats me.

I forgot to add that im doing level 71 maps comfortably and even managed a lvl 74 map when i was at 70.

Still would like some opinions about my gear :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info