[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
This is what I have in mind for my 100 points respec:

Yes, armour is good, but i dont have armour at all (use Tabula Rasa) and dont have enough resistance (Andvarius), so it will not work for me... Plus, curse is total crap. It was not buffed, it was actually nerfed. We dont have problems with regular pack of monsters, but we have problem with bosses, aaaand... Curse effect on bosses was reduced!
If you use armour and dont have problem with resistance, i think you can try something like this, it will give you huge damage and life boost. Celestial punishment with flammability is must have, life nodes in Mortal Conviction is also necessary:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDho-8i98uCkuVw3SIfJBggfZfBRxDjzfvzpSvJ8YkfxLFE0B5xv6Jd-2LKQZ2WGtjc9-GS4n7QYO1HwJ9sT2xq4QzCu2jEb4kzwtg1-DzLc-_grYvQthr2xo8vAfogAEs8Bm4XOaO4Kbcg9xhXrmY_1G12aeWOXDE1oro_L60hZv42osp3hp9q4kqjbpGmydrgN1kStYd18E7TzVpuQiOuHyRcQV2rmxQmo7ah4c56ZXTePbT-DDJbw=

My farm gear at this moment (permanent IIR 317, IIQ 95, with divination flask 371/109):

Last edited by _PBS_ on Jul 11, 2015, 6:29:29 PM
"
If you use armour and dont have problem with resistance, i think you can try something like this, it will give you huge damage and life boost.

Thanks for refining my tree! I will stick with the armour nodes since I can still use my 5L astral plate.

Will the 'less mana reserved' from mortal conviction help in any way? I don't think it applies to blood magic builds. I see its main purpose is the massive 15% life increase.

Also with the shotgun effect changes, how do LMP and GMP hold up? Something else to note: flame totem does increase projectiles with level.
Yes, since heralds now is almost useless, Mortal Conviction's mana reserve effect is useless too, but life boost (35% for 3 nodes!) is awesome. GMP work not so well now, so i switch to LMP.

Some notes: life leech from fire damage is useless. I had 1% on scepetre and 1% on belt. Now its 0,2% and 0,2%, and it looks like my totems dont leech at all, even in packs of mobs. About defence: i have some life boost, but without immortal call and endurance charges my marauder is like glass cup... So armour is very good choice. Maybe i will craft some 6L body chest with 1500+ armour and resistance, and grab some armour nodes, but still not sure it willl help a lot, since i use farm gear without armour... We need some new defence mechanic.

New Shield Tempest sucks (block chance too low).
Chaos Golems is very cute, one more target for mobs + bonuses + damage.
Last edited by _PBS_ on Jul 12, 2015, 12:13:57 AM
is LMP really needed?
i realize it increases damage against big groups by 40% without even factoring in the 10% cast speed from 20% quality, but with the new shotgun change FT is already quite weaker against single target and i'm not really sold on losing 16% damage on top of that (yes, the cast speed would make up for some of that as well).
regarding item trades: i don't check the forum often so don't send me PMs about the items i have for sale, just add me ingame and contact me when i'm online.

i'm usually online for a few hours after 20.00 UTC and a lot more during weekends.
hi,
from 1.3.0 i merged my MF dual totem maraurder to this 2.0 build 1050038
i sacrified 1 of 2 unique diamond ring, perandus unique belt for a well rare crafted and adjusted with the new tow rare items life, res and elemental rez.

i was 5L.

I passed from 3,6k dps in main totem (Flame Totem - Fire penetration - GMP - Added chaos damage - faster proj) to 14,9k dps (flame totem - iron will (16lvl) - added chaos dmg - LMP - Faster Proj).

I think better will be in 6L: Flame totem - Iron Will - Faster casting - Fire penetration - Added chaos dmg - Faster Projectile

in secondary totem my links are the same and i passed from 2,Xk dps about to 6,9k dps.

I can conferm what other before me said about life and defence:

My life boosted from 3.950 to 4.900! ...but my resistance to monster attacks sucks a lot...
i need more armour and some elemental mitigation... i hope to get a Chaos golem ASAP.
"
Sgravion wrote:
i need more armour and some elemental mitigation... i hope to get a Chaos golem ASAP.

You can buy chaos golem from vendor now (act 4), just for 1 chance orb. But, actually, it is too weak to be really helpful.
i'm not really impressed by golems overall for this build.
i've tried using fire for the extra damage but the increment is negligible, expecially as i progress and get more damage nodes, ice seems a cool addition to weapon/crit builds, on caster the acc is wasted, chaos grants 4% extra phys dmg reduction and it's cool but i can think of a better use of 3/4 links and an active skill slot as well (stand alone golem gem will die in no time).
regarding item trades: i don't check the forum often so don't send me PMs about the items i have for sale, just add me ingame and contact me when i'm online.

i'm usually online for a few hours after 20.00 UTC and a lot more during weekends.
"
Sgravion wrote:
hi,

I passed from 3,6k dps in main totem (Flame Totem - Fire penetration - GMP - Added chaos damage - faster proj) to 14,9k dps (flame totem - iron will (16lvl) - added chaos dmg - LMP - Faster Proj).

why LMP ?
Please refresh the Board the passive skills for version 2.2.0

"
simbad113q wrote:
Please refresh the Board the passive skills for version 2.2.0

I can update skill tree for you. How much armour you have? Using "shield swap" with culling strike for extra rarity or play with perma-farm setup? How much Andvarius you have? Any problems with resistance?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info