[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

The flame totem with culling strike setup is for farming? and the flame totem setup in the armor for bossing? first char :$
how you think? is doryani's catalist vaal sceptre a BIS sceptre for this build? if not what sceptre should i look for?
Hi, I'm at level 40 with this build currently and was wondering if you could answer a few questions, if you still check this thread.

I have started picking up some of the totem nodes in preparation for taking Ancestral bond about ten levels from now, and wanted to know how I should gear early on.

When should I start gearing towards mfing? Immediately after I take Ancestral Bond? Should I pick up a Reaper's Pursuit and use that, or should I leave the Goldwyrm/gold rings/etc until maps? Basically, when should I start picking up MF uniques? As soon as possible or wait a little until I start maps?

Also I was wondering what the weapon swap did, with the shock nova trap and conversion trap.
I start using IIR gear from level 8. I go straight for BM, then 2nd totem, then +ele resists with shield.
i'm trying to make this work with iiq + iir gem, so far 1144 dps on totem .
Now my question any one have experience with this setup or how to make it work really nice to run low maps with ?
Running double andvarius, heartbreaker, aurseize, perandus, goldwyrm, a rare shield (till i have my 6l rare chest with resists) and eventually the wheel offhand.
"
expjah wrote:

I will update the post abit later quite busy, but anyway ive done beta up to 80 maps with flame totem, and its an breeze!

The thing is ive changed alot with the build, even made templar and well, using BM isn't really beneficial anymore.

Im running an 5L with the weirdest gems possible, Blood Magic > FT > FastC > Culling(very good support now on beta, even for soloing) > IIR.

I run Anger/Herald of thunder and ice.

Ive got the jewel that makes my totem fire 2 extra projectiles, got double curse and got 10200tooltip dps, and thats just in an strange 5L :)

So as marauder/templar build will do fine, the flame totem at level 4 is so good, you dont wanna level with anything else anymore!

Curious what you changed with the build in beta. Your 5L is interesting, seeing that you are using a blood magic gem vs keystone, but then use 100% mana on auras and still went dual curse.. did you use BM gem for curses too or did you make them reactive using CWDT/Recking or as a trigger off of HoT? I'm trying the same combo you mentioned thus far with a Tabula.

6/5/15 - Damage dropped a bit after the patch. Totem damage itself dropped, but at the level I am at it didn't drop by much as far as base damage. The heralds were nerfed, which at the moment was all I was using (HoT and HoI) so now I may switch out HoI to Anger. (Haven't used all 3 yet due to curses and lightning warp not being linked to a BM gem) I'm also trying to decide on the 6th gem between Added Chaos, Fire Pen, or Faster Projectiles based on the example 5L you gave before. Culling Strike does end up being a pretty good gem considering the big +% damage on top of the 10% kill rate. With blood magic I know that the health/health regen nodes become more important, but trying to hit a happy medium with some crit nodes too and it isn't easy. It's sort of fun to mess with when you know nothing is permanent in beta.
Last edited by damelon on Jun 5, 2015, 10:06:05 AM
I play a very simililar build. Im a Marauder lvl 85. Here's my build:

Spoiler

Need to work on rings, amulet and boots to increase IIR.

Here's my tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABAcEswYOBqAJMwn2DjwQWBDMES0UIBRxFSAZLho4Gj4fAiLiJbwnLyftKk0rtiycMjQy0TWSPC09_D8nRUdG10fiSshM_1XGVw1YY1jlWitfP2P9ZIRmnmjybqpxhXk5euZ8g37iggeCm4Pbh2WMRozPkFWaO57NogCj8qQ5p5Stja9sr7exQrXytz64k8AawGbDE8T2xq7G2M36z37QgdE20f3SIdR81abYvdlh2Xzaud-_4XPiLOnV7DjtIO087w7wH_Iv8kH2SPiT-b3-Cg==

any suggestions to improve my character?
Thinking of trying a pure DPS crit version of this. Stacking crit gear instead of rarity/quantity.

Here's the tree @ level 92.

Any suggestions? It would use 2 crit daggers, 6 linked infernal mantle.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Edzilla wrote:
Thinking of trying a pure DPS crit version of this. Stacking crit gear instead of rarity/quantity.

Crit don't work witch flame totems, I have other char witch crit shockwaeave build and if I try use flame totem on him its like -25% dmg loss.

Best thing is +spell casting.
"
Elua wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:

Crit don't work witch flame totems, I have other char witch crit shockwaeave build and if I try use flame totem on him its like -25% dmg loss.

Best thing is +spell casting.

Is that tooltip dmg? It does only have a 4% crit chance. But even with that low %, you can get 41-45% chance to crit with this tree (changed it a bit, forgot to pick up doomcast), 7 power charges, and gear (maligaro's, infernal mantle, and 2 crit daggers.) Use that with Three Dragons and you Shock nearly 50% of the time. Stuff should just melt. It might be a bit squishy though with Infernal Mantle and no shield and only 161% max life.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info