[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
Leeown wrote:
I still quite new to PoE.
I'm a little confused about the 2H sword? Why the links?
And why are we using the Nova trap?
And which Bandits do you choose?

-Lee.

Im using the sword only for gem leveling in weapon swap, since im vaal orbing gems and flame totem dindt do anything last time i'm lvling some again.

You can start using the shock nova trap later just for shock stacking groups, when you have your totems down there isnt much to do except curse/pray for GG unique's coming out of the mobs.

In maps with groups sometimes i'm not cursing which means i have even less to do, the mobs have more hp then so 3traps in an full pack will shock everything with elemental proliferation, we are not doing it for the damage from trap itself.

I help Oak for 40hp in Normal, rest i take 2 talent points so kill all.
I might be daft :p But I still don't get why we need groups of mobs to get the "Shock"-effect?
I might have missed something, but is it, just for the laughs or do we actually use the shock-effect?
"
Leeown wrote:
I might be daft :p But I still don't get why we need groups of mobs to get the "Shock"-effect?
I might have missed something, but is it, just for the laughs or do we actually use the shock-effect?

From the wiki.

"
Shock is an elemental status ailment associated with lightning that causes the affected target to take increased damage from all sources.

Whereas most status ailments do not stack cumulatively, a single target can have up to three shock effects simultaneously. Each shock level causes the affected target to take 30% more damage, up to a total of 90%. For this reason, shock can be an extremely dangerous status ailment.

Elemental Proliferation spreads the shock through the mob pack, you can throw upto 3 traps in an pack. (more over time)

And it works best on groups, since it doesnt hit the monster which hits the trap but all the mobs around it, so on bosses with adds it works very good but in last phase dominus its actually hard to proliferate an add which then shocks dominus, but it happens.
Last edited by expjah on Apr 7, 2014, 1:51:49 PM
Not gonna lie, this build is brilliant.

Do you think it can work as a first character in Ambush (I only play Softcore leagues), with no currency to spend?
"
K0rrupted wrote:
Not gonna lie, this build is brilliant.

Do you think it can work as a first character in Ambush (I only play Softcore leagues), with no currency to spend?

Why wouldn't it? All you need is a 4L for flame totems to work. Then you have to build up rarity. Jusst because you can't afford an andy's in the beginning doesn't mean it's not viable.
why you dont get quantity? do you only do maps?
"
Kaktuskiller wrote:
why you dont get quantity? do you only do maps?

The reason is that i dont have much quantity is that i have to sacrifice alot, aurseize are with 15+res much better then the sadima's which also got nerfed IIQ wise. I might wear an perandus blazon belt i guess once when im farming dominus and can handle the res loss.

Tho take an look tru my shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/830509, who needs quantity?:)

I do run maps often yes, but also dominus farm for alts+uniques+chaos recipe, also without quantity i had 3unique drops from 1 single dominus kill.

The Alternate Art Andvarius i got that from trading an Rise of the Phoenix, and the second andvarius i found from an invader in Stand map. (animate weapon)
Last edited by expjah on Apr 8, 2014, 7:19:06 AM
Why do you use leap slam (or other skill) until level 50? Is it that the totem(s) are not strong enough via passives until then?
Last edited by trimagnus on Apr 9, 2014, 10:51:03 AM
"
trimagnus wrote:
Why do you use leap slam (or other skill) until level 50? Is it that the totem(s) are not strong enough via passives until then?

Just cause i liked it, you can move and kill at the same time, and yes totems are abit weak/die early when u dont have atleast an 10% flame totem or some totem life/resitance nodes.

When you get some nodes into totems you can make the swap! If you are starting with this build i would recommend buying an atleast 10% flame totem.

Hey! First, I want to say nice build!

I planned my own Flame Totem build, started yesterday and he's already lvl 52 :)

I have a 6L Armour (Armour type) like yours. Now I want to ask you how much Chromatics you needed to get 2red, 2blue and 2red sockets? I tried it with 40, and it was not even close :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info