[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
expjah wrote:
"
Sleezy wrote:
What skills do you link flame totem with?
you said it works fine as 4L, I guess thats the main ones (which one?)

and what are the last two?

Which suits you the best,

4L ft/gmp/faster casting/faster proj
4l ft/gmp/faster casting/fire pen or chaos dmg

I tried this out on my scion, and in a 4l, added chaos gives more DPS than faster casting, at least before faster casting has lvl/quality. I'm using faster proj/chaos/gmp/ft and its really sick for lvling fast.
"
faction55 wrote:
"
expjah wrote:
"
Sleezy wrote:
What skills do you link flame totem with?
you said it works fine as 4L, I guess thats the main ones (which one?)

and what are the last two?

Which suits you the best,

4L ft/gmp/faster casting/faster proj
4l ft/gmp/faster casting/fire pen or chaos dmg

I tried this out on my scion, and in a 4l, added chaos gives more DPS than faster casting, at least before faster casting has lvl/quality. I'm using faster proj/chaos/gmp/ft and its really sick for lvling fast.

Sure prolly would work out, tho this build takes up no cast speed increase talents except the ones for the totem talents, i leveled after 50/60 with an scepter with atleast 10% cast speed increase.

Ofcourse i dont know if your scion took any casting speed points but i love to be able to recast my totems fast, thats why i said choose whichever suits you and fits your socket colors, but be sure to level all gems incase you get an 5L/6L cause then you have gems ready.
Last edited by expjah on Apr 12, 2014, 8:47:30 AM
Yeah, you're totally correct. I just wasn't considering the extra utility from faster casting.

Your build is what gave me the idea for my scion build btw, I just didn't want to play Marauder because he's a guy :P
"
nefczi wrote:
Im lvl 62 rignt now. Not following the build exacly as im playing in Ambush. Right now im testing Static Blows cluster(20% chance to shock) with Three Dragons unique(FIre damage shocks). It works very nicely, shocking everything on the screen. Damage increase is vry noticable especially in docks where almost everything has fire resists. Altho some players told me that in high level maps I wont be able to shock anything with FT + Three Dragons anymore since shock is based on damage dealt in relation to total life of enemy. And Flame totem deals lots of small hits which wont be enough to apply shock.

Anyway, I havent picked basically any armor nodes so far. And im thinking about alternatives for physical damage mitigation than pure armor.

I am aiming for MF atm, ive tested the helm but have to say if i clear fast enough + shock nova trap some of the packs that have an large pool of hp its fine by me, rather have the extra (50%possible) rarity.
did you buy that chest or fuse it???
Can you please, please post a leveling guide, show what talents to have at say level 30/50/70? Or post what are the first priorities to get?
What do you think about lmp vs gmp expjah? I've tried both and I find that the totems miss the two extra projectiles from GMP a whole lot. They have no idea how to shotgun properly.

But everyone uses GMP with flame totem so I have to be missing something? My clear speed is noticeably faster with LMP.
Last edited by faction55 on Apr 14, 2014, 4:40:27 AM
"
Can you please, please post a leveling guide, show what talents to have at say level 30/50/70? Or post what are the first priorities to get?

Will be doing that later on yes, but its smart to get to the totem nodes with life and resistance, they also give some dex nodes.

"
faction55 wrote:
What do you think about lmp vs gmp expjah? I've tried both and I find that the totems miss the two extra projectiles from GMP a whole lot. They have no idea how to shotgun properly.

But everyone uses GMP with flame totem so I have to be missing something? My clear speed is noticeably faster with LMP.

With an 20/20 LMP im at 3220x3 and with an 20/20 GMP im at 2395x5, still think should outperform it on FT.

It might look that they miss with gmp but im sure they don't, tho this is also my first totem char and ive also looked into it but everyone seems to use GMP indeed.

With resist on this gear alone, im able to achieve up to 190~240 element resist
or 140% mostly w/out ring equipped

guess its time to aim for andavarius ring then
btw, im still at 66..

With resist on this gear alone, im able to achieve up to 190~240 element resist
or 140% mostly w/out ring equipped

guess its time to aim for andavarius ring then
btw, im still at 66..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info