[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Vjorkal wrote:
Optimized for MFing Maps, solo preferably. Like I mentioned in my previous post.
And the tree you just posted, is that a low life build?

Is the 2nd curse actually needed for the build?

Depends what you mean by low life. I'm > 4k at the moment and don't have life on amulet, rings, boots or gloves.

The 2nd curse is to clear faster. Mostly when you're slow it's because you're facing cold/ele resist or beyond mobs. The 2nd curse cuts them down immediately.

"
sighlight wrote:
I love your tree. I agree with it for what I need (high MF and not too much focus on life since im just Dominus farming). DPS focus to kill quick.

However, I must ask you. Why not get the heart of flame near witch start? Instead you go for Arsonist. I can see that you are currently going for all of witch start. awesome. Thank you sir. you are very helpful in keeping this build current.

I wanted Arsonist for the 1% regen too. I don't have much regen from elsewhere as I mostly went for armour nodes instead (I am ~9k armour)

I avoided Heart of Flame because it's the same DPS to go the witch route. The downside is that you lose the 2% fire pen, but the upside is that you gain int. More importantly, you have more options for the future (e.g you can go to Heart of Flame now if you want...), while going directly to Heart of Flame you're kind of stuck. I don't think there's much point trying to adapt this build to higher maps, so you are unlikely to get past 85 or so with it due to the XP caps.

ah that regen is a good reason. Thank you.

By the way, which page did you post your current gear and dps and iir stats? would like to see as you are one of the posters who is in the OP.
I'm just there as I'm active I guess. I think I'm ~300 iir including gem, and only have one andvarius. 1500x5x2 DPS, 9k armour, ~10 chaos resist, ~4k life. Basically, totally safe with Piety. Probably too low DPS to make Dominus better - that'll come with either 5L or getting gems to 19.

And of course, Stormsail in alt slot. Have been playing freezepulse the last couple of days, and after having time to think rather than play, I think I'd change molten shell to increased duration. There's a groundslam levelling for no real reason too, empower makes sense in that slot though.

Some of the gear is a bit crap, like the shoes. Fortunately, lightning warp removes most of the need for move speed which will make it easier to get better shoes and the resists to get a 2nd andvarius.
Last edited by NoImagination on Sep 16, 2014, 11:43:29 AM
I really like this one:

Some noob questions: Does elemental damage apply the same as fire damage to flame totem? Also in the OP, he has 79% in resistances with double andvarius solo, how do you get above 75 as i see nothing in the tree or on gear that would increase max besides the potion.
"
Enklaz wrote:
Some noob questions: Does elemental damage apply the same as fire damage to flame totem? Also in the OP, he has 79% in resistances with double andvarius solo, how do you get above 75 as i see nothing in the tree or on gear that would increase max besides the potion.

I believe you can get higher res through the tree as well. as well as auras.

Serious question about finding a spell damage mace:

I use xyz to find all my items. But for some reason finding a spell damage mace is not working. I put one of the mods as increased spell damage and set it to min 60% increase.

But for some reason, nothing comes up. this is with buyout and online on, but at any price. I get zero hits. Am I doing something wrong? Never had a problem like this.

edit:

NVM! omg. I was supposed to do sceptres not maces!
Last edited by sighlight on Sep 16, 2014, 8:10:31 PM
"
sighlight wrote:
"
Enklaz wrote:

I use xyz to find all my items. But for some reason finding a spell damage mace is not working. I put one of the mods as increased spell damage and set it to min 60% increase.

But for some reason, nothing comes up. this is with buyout and online on, but at any price. I get zero hits. Am I doing something wrong? Never had a problem like this.

i recently got my sceptre through xyz and all i did was set implicit to 20% ele and implicit to 80% spell (minimum) and it showed me a bunch of options. if your search parameters are even more forgiving than that and it's not working its either bugged or you derped and forgot to delete the name of the unique you were searching previously, or forgot to take out the minimum linked sockets while searching for an amulet (real life examples of what i've done hahaha)
"
alexvsevil wrote:
"
sighlight wrote:
"
Enklaz wrote:

i recently got my sceptre through xyz and all i did was set implicit to 20% ele and implicit to 80% spell (minimum) and it showed me a bunch of options. if your search parameters are even more forgiving than that and it's not working its either bugged or you derped and forgot to delete the name of the unique you were searching previously, or forgot to take out the minimum linked sockets while searching for an amulet (real life examples of what i've done hahaha)

looking at the gear on here, it all says "One handed Mace" so I used one handed mace as my parameter. This does not work. Sceptre is what I needed. My bad!
I bought the cheapest 6L I could find (cannot afford any more expensive ones)

Its corroupted and has 3 green sockets - while parting that's not an issue. I use the 3rd green for culling.
What would be the best 3rd green support to have when solo ?

"
NoImagination wrote:
I'm just there as I'm active I guess. I think I'm ~300 iir including gem, and only have one andvarius. 1500x5x2 DPS, 9k armour, ~10 chaos resist, ~4k life. Basically, totally safe with Piety. Probably too low DPS to make Dominus better - that'll come with either 5L or getting gems to 19.

And of course, Stormsail in alt slot. Have been playing freezepulse the last couple of days, and after having time to think rather than play, I think I'd change molten shell to increased duration. There's a groundslam levelling for no real reason too, empower makes sense in that slot though.

Some of the gear is a bit crap, like the shoes. Fortunately, lightning warp removes most of the need for move speed which will make it easier to get better shoes and the resists to get a 2nd andvarius.

hey NoImagination,

can you tell me about mortal conviction? Does it allow you to run at least 2 auras? I am reluctant to take BM since I love my auras. They just take way too much of my health currently. so I didnt take bm yet. I use a BM gem in my 6l
"
RocketRandom wrote:
I bought the cheapest 6L I could find (cannot afford any more expensive ones)

Its corroupted and has 3 green sockets - while parting that's not an issue. I use the 3rd green for culling.
What would be the best 3rd green support to have when solo ?

It might be fun to try LMP. Otherwise, blind or additional cold damage seem useful. Cull is still fine solo obviously.

"
sighlight wrote:
hey NoImagination,

can you tell me about mortal conviction? Does it allow you to run at least 2 auras? I am reluctant to take BM since I love my auras. They just take way too much of my health currently. so I didnt take bm yet. I use a BM gem in my 6l

I don't think you can run auras with BM with this build. I run Herald of Ice (for 8% - it'd go down to 7% with a level 20 reduced mana) and that's it. I guess the question is - what are the auras for? You aren't going to be running late game maps with this build. You sacrifice play in late game maps for the ability to farm Piety/Dominus with huge IIR with great survivability for these zones.

I think it's also good to play builds that have totally different requirements to each other. Avoiding auras sometimes might open you to different ways to play the game.
Last edited by NoImagination on Sep 17, 2014, 5:37:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info