[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
m_flower wrote:
what would be better as a gem linked with flame totem: add cold dmg or add chaos dmg and why ?

chaos damage is better many mobs have no chaos resistance but other elemental ones
"
NoImagination wrote:
"
"
lazycalm2 wrote:
Is a High quality Flame Totem required for this build?

emphatically no.

I tend to do this poorly, but my aim is to see them, let them start firing at me, then place a totem at the ends of their line.

I think you're mistaken in general though - the quality just makes life easier. There're lots of things you can do in this game that make you slightly more powerful at the expense of quality of life (or chance of staying alive even), but in the long term I prefer better ease of playing.

i basically cast a totem every screen's length. it's annoying but it only took me like 2 RIPS in invasion to play that safe.

i don't think i'm mistaken at all, that's just my preference and the question was "is high q flame totem REQUIRED." my answer is still laughably no. once i get geared up, flame totem is the last gem i try to quality. never skipped any bosses, only had a few scares when playing careless, always solo'd bosses as well, and just did a 72 daily last night while i was 67.

in a have-it-all world, it absolutely makes sense to q up every gem, but if i have to pick between em, i'm goin GMP, FP, FC, then maybe flame totem. just my preference and in my experience i've literally NEVER ran into a mob that my totems couldn't handle, albeit with a little help from a cold snap multi trap or by converting a few of the baddies.

"
NoImagination wrote:
"
i tell you, in a mad dash for DPS, flame totem was the last gem i q'd up, on my 85 invasion marauder and my recently rip'd 82.9 beyond marauder. a FOUR link setup took me to 75 and 79 for invasion and beyond respectively. i went for gmp and faster projectiles first (+20% cast rate for both 20q) and then whatever gave the most dps.

I'm 81 in beyond and don't use a 5L.

not sure what your point is here. i said that a four link took me comfortably, easy mode to 75 and 79 to point out how cheap this build is, in that you don't need a 5 or 6 link. it sure is nice though...
"
Enklaz wrote:
Some noob questions: Does elemental damage apply the same as fire damage to flame totem? Also in the OP, he has 79% in resistances with double andvarius solo, how do you get above 75 as i see nothing in the tree or on gear that would increase max besides the potion.

i have the same question and i've not gotten a confirmed reply, but from the wiki it says that +elemental (resist or damage) applies to all (fire, lightning, and cold).

i hope so, cos i took a different route based on this assumption :D
"
"
Enklaz wrote:
Some noob questions: Does elemental damage apply the same as fire damage to flame totem? Also in the OP, he has 79% in resistances with double andvarius solo, how do you get above 75 as i see nothing in the tree or on gear that would increase max besides the potion.

i have the same question and i've not gotten a confirmed reply, but from the wiki it says that +elemental (resist or damage) applies to all (fire, lightning, and cold).

i hope so, cos i took a different route based on this assumption :D

I think the screenshots are from invasion league which had +3 to all res in tree
i have a question about the mods for our weapons. It seems like we are basically looking for increased spell damage and elemental damage. also, faster casting is an added bonus and increased % fire damage too. But what about added fire damage (#-#)? Does this help in dps?
Just got my second Andvarius, and I'm level 62 atm. My resistances sure have taken a huge hit by wearing them both. When do you recon would be best to start wearing them?
"
Mutaclotos wrote:
Just got my second Andvarius, and I'm level 62 atm. My resistances sure have taken a huge hit by wearing them both. When do you recon would be best to start wearing them?

easy. when you get gear that can cap your res or near cap them.
"
sighlight wrote:
"
Mutaclotos wrote:

easy. when you get gear that can cap your res or near cap them.

or take some extra resistance nodes is what i did
looking for a good weapon now. I have an extra doryani's belt with great resists and fire damage. let me know if you want to trade!

build is shaping up nicely now, over 400 IIR easy with full cap. but my dps just below 1.5k at lvl 62. still a ways to go with low level gems and bad weapon.

edit:

Do you guys know of another buff I can use along with herald of ice?
Last edited by sighlight on Sep 20, 2014, 2:28:38 AM
"
Mutaclotos wrote:

i am 63 lvl and every res is over 70 % :)
IGN: Imoenpl, nieuczdziadajakcharchac
my first POEvid "Hybrid Wander and Atziri fight" http://youtu.be/0e-ffI2cOfY

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info