[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
Enklaz wrote:
"

I don't much like some of that tree any more, but whatever. Right now, I'm:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBA8YEBwYOBqAJ9hBYEMwUIBRxGGoYkRjXHKcdFB8CJKolvCcvJ-0qEyu2LJwspzI0NZI26TpYPC09_D8nSsRKyE99UEdRYFOlVElVtVXGWAdYY1nzWitfP2P9ZIRmnmwWbqpyqXgveGl85X7igFaD24cZh2WMRozPj0aQVZuhns2j8qSspzCnhKyYrKqvt7Xytz68n8AawQTEFcT2xq7G2Ni937_jauOf6hjvDvIv9kj2rvcy99f4k_jr-b360vxL_go=

Instead of going for heart of flame I see you chose Fire walker and Elemental domination, do those deal more damage over the heart of flame nodes?

It's the same - I think I gained 8 dps. You lose the 2% fire pen though, which is probably a big deal. I did it because I needed the int, and it gives me better long term prospects if I ever get much past level 80. I can then take the +spell damage nodes towards witch start, or I can go back into the fire heart of flame nodes. Next level I'll try the first step into each and see what it does to DPS. I don't know how the calculation is meant to work.

It also gives me some chance of dropping the Ancestral Knowledge node one day. It just feels bad having to take one of those nodes.

Current tree at 80 for what it's worth:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBA8YEBwYOBqAJ9hBYEMwUIBRxFm8YahiRGNcaOBynHRQfAiSqJbwnLyftKhMrtiycLKcyNDWSNuk6WDwtPfw_J0rESshPfVBHUWBTpVRJVbVVxlgHWGNZ81orXz9j_WSEZp5sFm6qcql4L3hpfOV-4oBWg9uHGYdljEaMz49GkFWboZ7No_KkrKcwp4SsmKyqr7e18rc-vJ_AGsEExBXE9sauxtjYvd-_42rjn-oY7w7yL_ZI9q73MvfX-JP46_m9-tL8S_4K
Last edited by NoImagination on Sep 13, 2014, 4:26:05 AM
reserved
"
sighlight wrote:
"
anton2k4 wrote:
Did another daul MF char for the rampage league. I was able to get a tabula early on which helped a lot. Instead of farming Dominus, i decided to test how well the build handles maps and i'm glad to say that it's been smooth sailing up so far. I've been doing maps up to 74 (i play solo so a high-level map pool is hard to maintain.) and i haven't had any bad encounters except for the weaver boss, (couldn't burn down adds fast enough), residence dom and museum trio (they hit really hard). i've done temple piety and torture chamber boss and while it took some time, it was a relatively safe venture.

curently running at 270/24 mf with capped resists except for cold which is at 65. this was due to a derp move on my part, putting a fire resist mod instead of a cold mod in my shield. dps is at 2.75k on my 6L

my current gear:

if i do get another andvarius, i'm planning to 6s5l this chest:

Skill tree

all in all, the new patch has been a solid buff to this build and flame totems in general

do you think you can farm dominus without porting out and killing quickly? even with a tabula?!

yup. to be honest, if you know how the dominus fight mechanics work, you can take minimal damage from him. i haven't died to dominus except for the random desync which rubberbands me to his lightning stream. his second form is even easier. by placing the totems at the proper areas, you can negate 2 add portals and just twiddle your thumbs (hitting the bleed flask as needed of course) until you cull. my average dom kill is roughly 2 minutes give or take 10 seconds, depending on how fast i can kill the mini boss and drain the first form's life.
So, any gear updates, new videos ? :D
"
Enklaz wrote:
"

I don't much like some of that tree any more, but whatever. Right now, I'm:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBA8YEBwYOBqAJ9hBYEMwUIBRxGGoYkRjXHKcdFB8CJKolvCcvJ-0qEyu2LJwspzI0NZI26TpYPC09_D8nSsRKyE99UEdRYFOlVElVtVXGWAdYY1nzWitfP2P9ZIRmnmwWbqpyqXgveGl85X7igFaD24cZh2WMRozPj0aQVZuhns2j8qSspzCnhKyYrKqvt7Xytz68n8AawQTEFcT2xq7G2Ni937_jauOf6hjvDvIv9kj2rvcy99f4k_jr-b360vxL_go=

Instead of going for heart of flame I see you chose Fire walker and Elemental domination, do those deal more damage over the heart of flame nodes?

Why not both? :D
My skill tree at lvl 79, will head to Combat Stamina and Tometic Mastery next.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAA8YEBwYOBqAJ9gxfEFgUIBRxGGoYkRynHRQfAiW8Jy8n7SoTKo0snCynMjQ1kjbYNuk6WDwtPfw_J0SrSRtKxErIT31QR1FgVa5VtVXGWAdYY1nzWitfP2P9ZIRmnmwWbqpyqXgveGl85X7igFaCEIPbhxmHZYzPj0aPppBVm6GezaPypKynMKyYrKqvt7Xytz68n8AawQTEFcT2xq7G2Ni937Dfv-Nq45_qGOxV7w7xbPZI9q73MvfX-Ov5vfrS_Ev-Cg==

Last edited by maplehell on Sep 13, 2014, 11:23:06 AM
Hi,

First of all, I really like the build idea. I was always looking for a way to get most resist nodes from tree for IIR farming and still do good dps and thats exactly what this build does.

I tried it with EK back in the beta, but it wasnt that efficient especially in terms of dps.

----------------------------

I think I still found a big improvement for your tree:
You did spend 7 points to get 20% life, 1% life reg and +30 life from the templar tree.
You also did spend 6 points to get leather and steel wich means 32% armour and a bit movement speed.

I'd take Combat Stamina between Marauder and Templar tree (right next to the totem nodes) and put 3 extra points in the scion life circle.
Thats 20% Life, 1% life reg and 45% armour for 6 points! (almost) everything you got with half the points!

-> The only downside is that you are very low on dex then, so you'll probably have to spend some points on dex if your gear cannot cover this:
2 points on Versatillity (20 dex, 20 int, 5% red mana cost) and
2 points to get the big dex node Expertise for another 30 dex.
=> 50 dex, 20 int is still 10/10 more than you'd get and there are still 3 points left to spend in more %life or dmg nodes...

------------------------

Last but not least I also have some questions:

1) Why do you use shock nova trap instead of arc trap? Does shock nova work against singletarget anyway?
2) Why dont you sacrifice a 4L and link iron will to your trap for more dmg and longer shocks? I mean do you really need aoe linked to your curses instead of better traps/shocks?
3) Why Molten shell on CwDt setup? As you said you dont havent a lot to do so you probably could cast a high lvl molten shell for more armour...
4) Why a second cull-totem setup? shouldnt be a low lvl arc-cull setup (arc+culling+IIR+IIQ/fastercast) be better, so you dont have to replace one totem? Does it work with Ancestral bond anyway?
5) how about faster casting vs spell echo?
Short question - how do you not get hit so hard in that shipyard map in the video showcasing your marauder? I'm around 2000-3000 armor less with similar gear, stats, etc and I get hit like a truck by even white mobs on a 73 map with no damage mods. Not sure what I am missing here...

For the most part it isn't an issue as my totems should be tanking but it makes me play very cautiously because I can't tank crowds for a short time like I could in level 66-70 maps.
Last edited by nakieon on Sep 13, 2014, 11:02:20 PM
is it worth taking passives which increase burning damage?
"
Humanhead wrote:

No.Burning dmg is damage over time type.Flame totem deals fire dmg and it's not damage over time.
"
maplehell wrote:
"
Humanhead wrote:

No.Burning dmg is damage over time type.Flame totem deals fire dmg and it's not damage over time.

right, even if you get burns from e.g. crit it is useles because burn dmg scales with big hits, but flame totem deals a lot of very small hits = very low burn dmg

But you should pick up those burn dmg nodes while you are leveling with searing bond and remove them later...
Last edited by azraelb on Sep 15, 2014, 6:31:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info