[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

Last edited by nakieon on Sep 9, 2014, 11:56:10 AM
Is a High quality Flame Totem required for this build?
zzz
"
lazycalm2 wrote:
Is a High quality Flame Totem required for this build?

A: No, Quality Flame totem only increases the Life of the totem, Tho i would recommend picking up a 10%+ for 1-2 Chaos on Beyond or even cheaper in other brackets
I made this build on Standard a while back, now making it again on Rampage. Just wondering if there's a more softcore oriented version of the skill tree for it.
i highly recommend quality flame totem. there are a few mobs that just destroy your flame totems even at 20%, (tentacle machine gun chicks in lunaris freeze pulse miscreations in library etc)

against these hard mobs i place two totems, they fire for like 1.5 seconds, then theyre dead and i have to resummon. i cant even imagine how much of a drag it would be without quality.
"
alexvsevil wrote:
i highly recommend quality flame totem. there are a few mobs that just destroy your flame totems even at 20%, (tentacle machine gun chicks in lunaris freeze pulse miscreations in library etc)

against these hard mobs i place two totems, they fire for like 1.5 seconds, then theyre dead and i have to resummon. i cant even imagine how much of a drag it would be without quality.

Indeed quality on flame totem is good to have, always!
Did another daul MF char for the rampage league. I was able to get a tabula early on which helped a lot. Instead of farming Dominus, i decided to test how well the build handles maps and i'm glad to say that it's been smooth sailing up so far. I've been doing maps up to 74 (i play solo so a high-level map pool is hard to maintain.) and i haven't had any bad encounters except for the weaver boss, (couldn't burn down adds fast enough), residence dom and museum trio (they hit really hard). i've done temple piety and torture chamber boss and while it took some time, it was a relatively safe venture.

curently running at 270/24 mf with capped resists except for cold which is at 65. this was due to a derp move on my part, putting a fire resist mod instead of a cold mod in my shield. dps is at 2.75k on my 6L

my current gear:

if i do get another andvarius, i'm planning to 6s5l this chest:

Skill tree

all in all, the new patch has been a solid buff to this build and flame totems in general

Last edited by anton2k4 on Sep 10, 2014, 6:39:24 PM
"
anton2k4 wrote:
Did another daul MF char for the rampage league. I was able to get a tabula early on which helped a lot. Instead of farming Dominus, i decided to test how well the build handles maps and i'm glad to say that it's been smooth sailing up so far. I've been doing maps up to 74 (i play solo so a high-level map pool is hard to maintain.) and i haven't had any bad encounters except for the weaver boss, (couldn't burn down adds fast enough), residence dom and museum trio (they hit really hard). i've done temple piety and torture chamber boss and while it took some time, it was a relatively safe venture.

curently running at 270/24 mf with capped resists except for cold which is at 65. this was due to a derp move on my part, putting a fire resist mod instead of a cold mod in my shield. dps is at 2.75k on my 6L

my current gear:

if i do get another andvarius, i'm planning to 6s5l this chest:

Skill tree

all in all, the new patch has been a solid buff to this build and flame totems in general

do you think you can farm dominus without porting out and killing quickly? even with a tabula?!
I have to say this is by far my favorite farming toon. im using the typical tree offered in the opening with a few variances for skill nodes to wear my gear. so far the gear is kinda bunk due to just starting to get high enough to really start my end game farming. I have to say also that this is pretty OP to say the least. I started doing maps at 62 solo due to having map device in my hideout, and as long as I took my time with it and played smart I had no problems. even at that low lvl I was having little to no problem with the typical avoided mods, like regen -50% and such. although the added fire res is slightly a problem and for that I just switch some gems to put shock on a spell totem and cast the two together and the shock status helps avoid the long attacks. im way off from what my gear needs to be and so far its just a hodgepodge of crap with a few mods I needed that I could find at the time. im trying to go pure armor, but to get the colors I need does anyone have any suggestions?
Spoiler

survivability so far isn't my problem, its more I know the gear doesn't fit well together and im too spread out on what im relying on to keep me alive. as soon as I get serious overcaps on res's im gonna try and find an andvarius or two to put on to really capitalize my MF and hope for the best. a huge thumbs up for this build though.
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.
To get the colours you will need one AR/EV piece and one AR/ES piece. You need 2x RGGB and RBBB if you plan to dual-curse.

To get RBBB you can use Vorici to roll at least two blues for 25 chroms. To get RB in the second two is 22.22%, so on average we'd need 113 chroms to roll RBBB - i.e. about 5.5 chaos and level 3 Vorici (which is actually hard with this build unless you can use friends). This system is a lot cheaper than rolling "at least 3 blues", because that option is calculated with 6 sockets in mind.

Then if you have access to a level 7 Vorici, it's 100 chroms to roll at least two blues and one green, which is of course 5c.

So basically, I'd wait til I could get pure AR boots/hats that're worth maybe 1ex. Investing 5c into an item that's already only 5c feels a waste to me. It's not necessarily "finished" gear, but obviously it's going to be good. Using AR/EV and AR/ES as a compromise for a while will be fine, particularly as it's easy to roll one RGGB as you're using Aurseize to do it.
Last edited by NoImagination on Sep 11, 2014, 9:55:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info