[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
sighlight wrote:
"
anton2k4 wrote:
Did another daul MF char for the rampage league. I was able to get a tabula early on which helped a lot. Instead of farming Dominus, i decided to test how well the build handles maps and i'm glad to say that it's been smooth sailing up so far. I've been doing maps up to 74 (i play solo so a high-level map pool is hard to maintain.) and i haven't had any bad encounters except for the weaver boss, (couldn't burn down adds fast enough), residence dom and museum trio (they hit really hard). i've done temple piety and torture chamber boss and while it took some time, it was a relatively safe venture.

curently running at 270/24 mf with capped resists except for cold which is at 65. this was due to a derp move on my part, putting a fire resist mod instead of a cold mod in my shield. dps is at 2.75k on my 6L

my current gear:

if i do get another andvarius, i'm planning to 6s5l this chest:

Skill tree

all in all, the new patch has been a solid buff to this build and flame totems in general

do you think you can farm dominus without porting out and killing quickly? even with a tabula?!

Its possible with an 1.5k+ armor shield and 4k~ hp, 6l totems pull all aggro
Did anyone elses flame totem dps drop significantly after todays patch? My tooltip dps with a 6L was just under 1k, now its 550dps.. Gems are all around level 13.
so i decided to give this build a try.
in the early leveling I'm wondering which passive nodes to take and which are better in the endgame for this build.
I'm talking about the first branch with 3 nodes of life and armor vs life regeneration.
the first gives 18% armor and 12% life in total, the second gives 1,8% life regeneration in total. i tend to the armor and life, because it seems to be very high for small nodes, but i wonder if the life regen is better at a higher life pool (over 5000) for survivability.
or maybe even take both options?

what are your thoughts on that?
Last edited by Humanhead on Sep 12, 2014, 5:06:15 AM
"
Enklaz wrote:
Did anyone elses flame totem dps drop significantly after todays patch? My tooltip dps with a 6L was just under 1k, now its 550dps.. Gems are all around level 13.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2g5okg/psa_spell_damage_is_not_working_at_the_moment/

spelldmg % wasnt working apparently
why don't you take the +% totem damage passives? does flame totem not benefit from it?
"
Humanhead wrote:
why don't you take the +% totem damage passives? does flame totem not benefit from it?

Because there are generally better ways to get +damage. It's also more important to get totem survivability from those wheels, because there aren't better ways to do it once you have 20q fire totems.
"
Humanhead wrote:
so i decided to give this build a try.
in the early leveling I'm wondering which passive nodes to take and which are better in the endgame for this build.
I'm talking about the first branch with 3 nodes of life and armor vs life regeneration.
the first gives 18% armor and 12% life in total, the second gives 1,8% life regeneration in total. i tend to the armor and life, because it seems to be very high for small nodes, but i wonder if the life regen is better at a higher life pool (over 5000) for survivability.
or maybe even take both options?

what are your thoughts on that?

I think it's better to get the armour & life nodes. When I did the levelling trees I made a mistake (corrected it in my post, but I guess that didn't make it into the OP).

Even later on you will prefer the armour because you want to run Diviniation Distillate which requires you don't have huge life regen.
thanks for clearing that up
best build for starters
"

I don't much like some of that tree any more, but whatever. Right now, I'm:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBA8YEBwYOBqAJ9hBYEMwUIBRxGGoYkRjXHKcdFB8CJKolvCcvJ-0qEyu2LJwspzI0NZI26TpYPC09_D8nSsRKyE99UEdRYFOlVElVtVXGWAdYY1nzWitfP2P9ZIRmnmwWbqpyqXgveGl85X7igFaD24cZh2WMRozPj0aQVZuhns2j8qSspzCnhKyYrKqvt7Xytz68n8AawQTEFcT2xq7G2Ni937_jauOf6hjvDvIv9kj2rvcy99f4k_jr-b360vxL_go=

Instead of going for heart of flame I see you chose Fire walker and Elemental domination, do those deal more damage over the heart of flame nodes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info