[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

I did a variation of this in the 2week got to 83 pretty fast with it until I ripped about a week in. I exchanged a ring for doerde's and used quality ele weakness and flammability for clearing and enfeeble+ele weakness on tough encounters. In my opinion the added kill speed and safety is well worth the drop in rarity. If you are playing in group you can also swap from flammability to any other blue curse without problem to help out your party and still have quality ele weakness supporting yourself.

I am currently rerolling the build as my cashcow for invasion as well, this time I will try out windscream and see if the ring or the boots are better. not everyone likes to play with 10ms and a large shield. so i might go back to doerdres and rarity ring setup.

I also like to use searing bond against lightning thorns, freezers and reflect, so i went for a +2 fire dmg spell dmg sceptre instead of heartseaker or high sd sceptre.

This was my gear in the two week at the point I died:

Part of it is pretty crappy, part of it is pretty gg (belt, sceptre, gloves).
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

Also have you thought about just taking the scion life wheel (and the 8% node by templar) instead of pathing to the dex-life wheels like Thick skin?

Took the fastest route to Iron Reflexes and got Quickness/Hard Knocks nodes along the way because i was short on both dexterity and intelligence to support Int/Dex based gems. But i will respec as soon as i hit 75 and will take the 6/10/6& hp wheel route. Tho to support Elemental Weakness this build needs Ancestral Knowledge and Wisdom of the Glade.

The more i play the more i feel like expjah's original build was as close to perfection as it could be. Even the block wheel that gives you elemental resistance while holding a shield is the best possible way to get resistances - you get 20% for 3 nodes, closest you can get is 18% to all for three around Sentinel node.

I was confused about Leather and Steel at first but it blends in very smoothly. I am using Lightning Warp because it is better for moving around than Leap but since it is taking your move speed into account, if you find yourself being slowed forget about warping out, it will be a Slug Warp.

---

Too bad passive defense is not enough. "Run, Forest, run" is a bad defensive strategy. So i am experimenting with stuff. Taking CWDT>Temporal Chains>Enfeeble>Increased AOE was a no brainer so as using a Smoke Mine to open lockboxes. CwDT (1), Immortal Call (3), Enduring Cry (5), Increased Duration (20), (as far as i know, it works with Immortal Call, tooltip is a big fat liar) still gives you a second and a half or so of physical immunity. Thats good enough for me.

I want to test if firestorm still spreads blind even if it does no damage. This build is in dire need of big OH SNAP button.

Just a reminder to myself to experiment in cruel, not merciless...

From Russia with some crazy ideas, cya stay safe.
"

Too bad passive defense is not enough. "Run, Forest, run" is a bad defensive strategy. So i am experimenting with stuff. Taking CWDT>Temporal Chains>Enfeeble>Increased AOE was a no brainer so as using a Smoke Mine to open lockboxes. CwDT (1), Immortal Call (3), Enduring Cry (5), Increased Duration (20), (as far as i know, it works with Immortal Call, tooltip is a big fat liar) still gives you a second and a half or so of physical immunity. Thats good enough for me.

I want to test if firestorm still spreads blind even if it does no damage. This build is in dire need of big OH SNAP button.

Just a reminder to myself to experiment in cruel, not merciless...

From Russia with some crazy ideas, cya stay safe.

If you got one free gem slot (like i do on my shield) you can put vaal summon skelly's in there, i used it on another char at 2week race and liked so much ill prolly gonna use it on my totem char. Works great for distraction to get mobs off you.

*edit

http://www.twitch.tv/babymitch is going 2week race atm with the build for anyone interested in some gameplay
Last edited by expjah on May 24, 2014, 9:27:50 AM
Is this build cannot play in party? i solo with myself everything is ok even damage also can see clearly that is much pain . But in party even 2 member in a party , my damage like 0 totally the mob hitted by my flame totem like ZERO DAMaGE !!! Is this build can't play in party?
"
expjah wrote:

If you got one free gem slot (like i do on my shield) you can put vaal summon skelly's in there, i used it on another char at 2week race and liked so much ill prolly gonna use it on my totem char. Works great for distraction to get mobs off you.

*edit

http://www.twitch.tv/babymitch is going 2week race atm with the build for anyone interested in some gameplay

Good one. The way that maps are made boss rooms still count as a part of the map to determine the amount of souls you've collected - so you need not to worry about the availability of the skill.

"
Is this build cannot play in party? i solo with myself everything is ok even damage also can see clearly that is much pain . But in party even 2 member in a party , my damage like 0 totally the mob hitted by my flame totem like ZERO DAMaGE !!! Is this build can't play in party?

You are doing it wrong. It is not damage that is needed it is utility and insane iir. Since i am playing on hardcore only i do not do runs with people i am not familiar with so i got myself few trusted people to play with and i have changed my equip accordingly. I am a huge fan of Windscream boots so in party i have up to four curses available - Temporal Chains + elemental Weakness or Warlords' Mark (most underestimated curse). I also have Enfeeble ready just to curse ranged mobs we can not reach yet (ledges, blocked path etc). Your totem set up should be also changed to Flame Totem/GMP/Faster Projectiles/IIR/Culling Strike. As long as you have this basic setup you should be fine.

When i am able to play with borrowed 6L and i am mainhanding Heartbreaker so i run Flame Totem/GMP/Faster Projectiles/IIR/Life Leech/Blind, at least this way totems have some use. I only managed to get myself a 5L so far (and i am playing only a week or less <_<) i am running with Flame Totem/GMP/Faster Projectiles/IIR/Blind. It is nice to place a totem next to a pack of mashinegunner miscreations and forget about them.

Just so you know, most of the time i am in party with coc+ek+split arrow ranger or spectral throw scion, their damage is enough for both of us. They just need a bit of cover. If you would be playing with arcer or maybe detonate dead (imagine it will become popular because of that streamer, what was his name again?) you might need to differ your gem setup a bit.

Remember that build is not set in stone, you are the one who is making the game. cya, stay safe.
Can i use flametotem + GMP + addded chaos + faster projectiles + fire penetration , and faster casting replace to iron will ? then the damage will increase a lot .
"
Can i use flametotem + GMP + addded chaos + faster projectiles + fire penetration , and faster casting replace to iron will ? then the damage will increase a lot .

Dont underestimate the power of Faster Casting tho, we dont have really that much STR (i got around three fiddy)

Anyway about your previous question, this build is made for MFing, in grps people dont expect to deal damage anyway, for solo this build still has enough damage.
Hi guys,

I picked up a Searing Touch Staff last night, should I use that for this build?

I have a question, wouldn't you want to add the item rarity gem into the 6l chest plate? and if so what gem should you replace it in for
"
Tubbehh wrote:
I have a question, wouldn't you want to add the item rarity gem into the 6l chest plate? and if so what gem should you replace it in for

From what i got expjah is (was?) using two totem setup: 6L for damage/utility and 4L for culling/mf. I just went straight for 6L culling/mf. So yeah, maybe it is not optimal but it is definitely possible.

Gems you must not touch are Flame Totem (o rly?), Greater Multiple Projectiles and Faster Projectiles. Added Chaos damage gives biggest damage boost on paper and is great against Immune to fire/Weak to chaos mobs. Fire Penetration gives the biggest actual damage boost and again helps against Immune to fire mobs. Faster casting is just great to have all around.

By default we have RRBBGG chest. Use FT/FirePen/IIR/Faster Casting/GMC/Faster Projectiles. I say swap Faster Casting for Added Chaos Damage if in areas like Crematorium and against Immune to fire bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info