[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

This character is my first success on hardcore, played dual ft templar before (failed miserably at it) so i lack more in-depth understanding of game mechanics so i must rely on community knowledge.

What is your idea on CWDT setup? Can we use CWDT+Spell Totem+Blind+X as our plan b, or hindering our offensive ability (summoned totem will replace our flame totem obv?) is not a good idea? Or we skip it completely and focus on MF?
An other update. Ele weakness with quality actually goes to -59 res at 20/20, so it is by far superior to flammability, even if we don't consider the added shocking it provides. After about 200 chromes I got a GGBB aurseize, and the trap/multitrap/ele-prolif/arc setup is giving me some amazing shocking.

Level 63 now, did my first map at 62. Killed merciless bandits and vaal at level 59, and it was much easier/safer than cruel banidts/vaal. Chaos damage is by far the most dangerous for me.

Also I think I will deviate from your build at this point to add block. At least until I get double andvarius. This is what I'm thinking of. Compared to your build this has: about 50% less inc armor, 24% less inc evasion, 18% less all res, 50ish less dex, 15% less totem life for 20% more block, 5% spell block. Life % and life regen are not sacrificed, though the 0.4% life regen nodes will be the absolute last thing I get. 20% more block combined with a huge HP pool gives us a massive EHP boost.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
An other update. Ele weakness with quality actually goes to -59 res at 20/20, so it is by far superior to flammability, even if we don't consider the added shocking it provides. After about 200 chromes I got a GGBB aurseize, and the trap/multitrap/ele-prolif/arc setup is giving me some amazing shocking.

Level 63 now, did my first map at 62. Killed merciless bandits and vaal at level 59, and it was much easier/safer than cruel banidts/vaal. Chaos damage is by far the most dangerous for me.

Also I think I will deviate from your build at this point to add block. At least until I get double andvarius. This is what I'm thinking of. Compared to your build this has: about 50% less inc armor, 24% less inc evasion, 18% less all res, 50ish less dex, 15% less totem life for 20% more block, 5% spell block. Life % and life regen are not sacrificed, though the 0.4% life regen nodes will be the absolute last thing I get. 20% more block combined with a huge HP pool gives us a massive EHP boost.

Thanks for the math and stuff, i know elemental weakness is better also at quality ofcourse, also for group play but the thing is we have not much int as an marauder, when im grouping im not cursing anyway so mostly only adding in some shock traps.

So unless u get 151 int i prefer flammability atm, worked fine for me.

As about the build, do whatever you prefer, my build evolved alot since the start of it, i had some block points in it before too but actually dindt notice that much difference, with that build you posted i see its only 264 life tho, it might be better to take the "Leather and Steel" build and modify that one abit with some extra block. (your also not taking shamanistic fury ic and totem life wheel under at scion)

*edit*

Oh i actually checked just now and i since i changed to perandus i actually have 160 int, prolly gonna finish my lvl 16 one which i coulnd lvl further few weeks ago.
Last edited by expjah on May 21, 2014, 11:32:08 AM
Update on my flame brotemancer. Now lvl 87, and still loving it. With my current 6l set up (FT + GMP + Fire Pene + IIR + Faster Proj + Faster Cast) my dps is around 1.6k with well over 300% IIR. Kill speed drop off is unnoticeable running IIR gem over Added Chaos. Clearing still quick and easy.

Here's what my gear looks like currently.

Resists are maxed (barely huehuehue) and I'm running at about 4.4k life or so. My tree is slightly different, as I opted for the elemental damage and resists nodes near templar rather than getting the totem nodes a bit north of templar towards witch, and I grabbed some extra life regen nodes. If I die, it's probably due to a dropbox lag bomb.

To do list includes getting a quality shock nova for traps and finishing off leveling some of these gems..and maybe getting a lvl 21 Flame totem.

Thanks again for the great build! I've seen more and more dual flame totem builds popping up lately. Now that I've settled in absolutely wrecking everything, going to try and find some ways to improve.
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
Is it normal that i do not like 0.4% life regeneration nodes at all? I took Warrior's Blood, Golem's Blood, Life Regeneration and that's it. Maybe i will grab Shaper because it needs only 2 nodes and gives +5 hp (str node) and 1% life regen and is still better than two 0,4% regen nodes. It just feels like +6% hp/x and +8% hp nodes are much better because regen will hardly save me from oneshot but large health pool will.

Same goes for +8% flame\elemental\spell\totem damage. Why people are so obsessed with damage? As long as totems are staying alive i am okay with their damage as it is. Maybe i would take Arsonist wheel after all but only after i take all the totem resistance\hp nodes.

When i hit merciless i realized how many resist nodes this build have along the path. +12% to all, several +6% to all and many more +15-18% to specific resistances. You can always grab some for the time being and reset them after you upgrade your gear.

But for now it is physical damage that is giving me some trouble so i have also thought about changing to a block build, but instead i have decided to go for hybrid - Iron Reflexes, Sentinel, Leather and Steel and Testudo wheel for sweet 10% block for just three nodes.

All in all this build is great because... you can not f*ck it up. Like seriously, as long as you are maintaining the course you will do more or less fine. You can only make it better! Kudos!

reserved
IGN: JackDaniels
expjah: yeah I didn't realize about the int requirement. I get about 50int from gear + 28 perandus, with the 84 from tree it's enough. Also if you path to totemic mastery through the two str nodes, a 30 int node is right there, which is probably worth it for the 9% reduced res, and much better shocking.

comm_il_vec: iron will is an interesting add to shock nova. I was thinking if using shock nova and not using multitrap, it may be better to use concentrated effect. It gives you more damage: more shock duration, and a smaller deadzone. I use arc with multitrap, so shocking is amazing against large mobs that run towards me, but it doesn't work at all against single targets, especially high HP ones.

bacurbacur: how did you get to the golem blood part of the tree? Care to share your tree? I agree with you about the 0.4% life regen nodes. For people around L60-80 with mediocre gear, the 6% nodes probably add more survivability. I think expjah has them because his health is so high already, that the 6% life nodes don't really give any more effective survivability, while the 0.4% regen nodes are stronger. That's why I would take them around level 88-90, maybe even take the 6% nodes first and respec.

e: about inc damage nodes: their effect gets multiplied by 2.5 by GMP and 1.59 by Ele weakness, and up to 1.9 by shock, so they add up. That said the 8% one's aren't special (arsonist are worth more than 8% though). I'm just copying expjah's build and stacking survivability. Still almost got oneshot by dungeon boss on a white map, 3.5k dmg in one hit vs 3.7k armor. No shock/vuln.

Last edited by MatrixFactor on May 22, 2014, 12:27:20 PM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
how did you get to the golem blood part of the tree?

I have a very specific build in mind, so i admit that it may look strange.

This build was made to support our 3 people mapping group. I'll be using Windscreams to be able to cast both Temp Chains and Elem Weakness (i believe Temporal Chains do affect shock duration too?). I took all three additional Endurance Charges because i am in love with CWDT+IC+EC+Increased Duration and since the nerf it is all about additional charges now. In fact i ALSO have CWDT+Temporal Chains+Enfeeble+Increased AOE just because i want to live. Badly.

This is my first hc character (actually this is my second character in POE so...) and i hope to reach level 90+ someday. Maybe i will change the build later when i will be more familiar with the game, but for now the only thing that is better than survivability is more survivability.

Oh and since friends are lending me 6l chest, i am going to run FT+GMP+Faster Projectiles+Chaos Damage+Faster Casting+MF (will drop Fire penetration, i know that it is good but there is just no place for it), sorry but this swap+recast totems+flask routine is making me want to regret that i took guitar lessons over piano. Bottle and swap to Wheel and Heartbreaker will do for now.

Ty for listening to my story. GL and stay safe. Devourer.jpg *evilgreen
"
sorry but this swap+recast totems+flask routine is making me want to regret that i took guitar lessons over piano.

Lol. :)

"
(i believe Temporal Chains do affect shock duration too?).

Yeah this is a great idea. The only problem is how are you gonna cast all that. I believe the optimal cast order is something like: Flame Totem > Flame Totem > Ele Weakness > Shock Trap. Where does temp chains fit?

"
I took all three additional Endurance Charges because i am in love with CWDT+IC+EC+Increased Duration and since the nerf it is all about additional charges now

My issue with that is when are you planning to be surrounded by so many monsters that you will proc all 6 EC? You're not a melee character, you should be standing back. BTW make sure you link CWDT>EC>IC in that order, so EC gets procced before IC.

Also have you thought about just taking the scion life wheel (and the 8% node by templar) instead of pathing to the dex-life wheels like Thick skin?

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
expjah: yeah I didn't realize about the int requirement. I get about 50int from gear + 28 perandus, with the 84 from tree it's enough. Also if you path to totemic mastery through the two str nodes, a 30 int node is right there, which is probably worth it for the 9% reduced res, and much better shocking.

bacurbacur: how did you get to the golem blood part of the tree? Care to share your tree? I agree with you about the 0.4% life regen nodes. For people around L60-80 with mediocre gear, the 6% nodes probably add more survivability. I think expjah has them because his health is so high already, that the 6% life nodes don't really give any more effective survivability, while the 0.4% regen nodes are stronger. That's why I would take them around level 88-90, maybe even take the 6% nodes first and respec.

You can always run an 20%qual ele weakness over an lvl 20flam too gives more -res i agree.

I did actually take the 0.4% regen points just to finetune my health regen, i actually like it around 250 (6l totem actually costs 356life with dps gems), but when i get into groups with someone running vitality aura' i could get probs keeping my MF flask up atm.

Atm with 250 life regen i almost can keep my flask up whole map while regaining charges/spamming totems, but with 5L you can prolly aim abit less then 250 :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info