[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

question, the dagger gives spells culling strike even your spells not in your dagger right? And flame totem counts as a spell right? So your 6 linked is considered a 7 link with culling? Now in your boots you have culling added..so is it double culling at a higher hp% then or am I just confused and it only works with the spells in the dagger?
"
KazNaka wrote:
Well, you already answered your question: FT has more MF. MF is the main reason why you would choose this build. You can have all the clear speeds in the world, but you'd be working twice as much for less drops. Personally, I find getting those rare uniques more fun than killing things faster.

In ambush where 50% reduced life and an occasional death are fine, I believe it's better to play MF summoner. You can use 2x andvarius then, and get the same IIR/IIQ as flame totem, while having better clear speed. In invasion, yeah summoner is more squishy and can't use 2xandvarius for safety reasons.

"
vortex315 wrote:
question, the dagger gives spells culling strike even your spells not in your dagger right? And flame totem counts as a spell right? So your 6 linked is considered a 7 link with culling? Now in your boots you have culling added..so is it double culling at a higher hp% then or am I just confused and it only works with the spells in the dagger?

Yes heartbreaker says "spells have culling strike." Since FT is a spell, it gets culling strike, effectively making it a 7L. There's no such thing as double or 20% culling strike. I also believe if you get the corrupt "culling strike" affix it only works with attacks, not spells.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
ok cool then why the gem socketed to it? if your using the dagger isnt the gem pointless then :)
"
vortex315 wrote:
ok cool then why the gem socketed to it? if your using the dagger isnt the gem pointless then :)

actually explained in first post, but here again;

Heartbreaker is for group culling so i can keep in Faster Projectiles and swap added chaos to IIR, since im not there for dmg when group culling i also tend to swap Fire Pen to Life Leech for more uptime.

So for soloing im using 1dps totem with all dps gems and no heartbreaker with an second cull totem (works perfect) and for grouping i got the heartbreaker so i can keep in FP so it has more range = more hits = more culled mobs.

oh ok I get it now, I read that but I got confused I guess haha thanks!!
Hey why we should use shock nova ? It cant shock a mob who hitted by the trap, is lightning warp or arc will be better ? But arc only hit three mobs , so lightning warp can be he best choice ? Or lightning warp dont hv shock function ?
I´m testing right now:

-4L-SHOCK NOVA+COLD SNAP+TRAP+MULTIPLE TRAPS (very powerful!!)
-3L-PURITY OF ELEMENTS+REDUCED MANA
Last edited by Black_Tiger_Z80 on May 20, 2014, 5:37:13 AM
Has anyone had success shocking with either nova or arc? It seems to me like that may be a wasted 4L. This build does get spell damage/ele damage on gear, but it seems that shocking would be unreliable when it's most needed. Against high hp mobs the duration from nova or arc would be low, whereas vs bosses traps with nova or arc are just so bad at hitting them, and epro does nothing. Am I wrong?

Also expjah, do you need the +20 int that you use to path to Agility? Otherwise you could get +20 str and +30dex by zealot's oath. Are you going to get shamanistic fury?

e: playing this character as my first in the 2week league. Currently level 48 and transitioned into ancestral bond. 4L totem FT+GMP+FC+FP 200 tooltip DPS. 2.3k life and 900ish armor killing stuff at a decent pace in A3C, never dropped below 40% health. Found about 20C worth of stuff so far. Leveled by using the rustic sash recipe on 20Q 2 handers cleave+lgoh+addedfire+accuracy and heavystrike+mpd+MS. Transitioned around level 45. Would suggest transitioning after you get the +fire damage wheel and totem resist nodes by blood magic keystone. Still having trouble with totems just getting destroyed by any elemental damage: ele reflect, lightning thorns (!), and voidbearers, flame sentinels, etc. Tree so far Going for life/regen by templar, then the totem wheel under templar, should have it by level 65. Alternatively I may beeline totemic mastery from the resolute technique wheel, then backfill towards templar life and athleticism, and then respec 2 points. This would let me get totem resistance at level 55 instead of 59.

Gear so far:
Spoiler

bought for 3C as 4S and spent like 10-15fuse trying to 4L
self craft
self craft
bought for 3c
bought for 2c because it was already 4L
bought for 1c
self found
self found
bought for 0.5c
self found

Last edited by MatrixFactor on May 19, 2014, 11:39:21 AM
You really need a high quality Shock Nova for the shock chance, and then it's OPopie.
"
dandan88 wrote:
You really need a high quality Shock Nova for the shock chance, and then it's OPopie.

So I found a Q16 arc today, and was bored, so I decided to look into this. Q20 Shock Nova has 30% Chance to shock + 5% base + 0to20% passives=35-55% chance to shock. Q20 arc has 20% + 5% base+0to20 passives=25-45% chance to shock. Shock duration is 15% on arc from 20/20 ele-prolif, and it's 75% on shock nova from 60% base and 15% ele-prolif. Passives can give up to 35% additional shock duration.

I plotted arc vs shock nova's shock duration without passives, and with the full "static blows" circle pasives. I assumed 20/20 trap, multitrap, and eleprolif. Also 85% combined spell damage from tree. This meant arc hit for 1145 damage on average, and nova for 856. Note that if the duration would be less than 300ms, then shock is not applied.
Spoiler

I also plotted shock duration x shock chance, or something like expected shock duration:
Spoiler

Summary of results
Without passives: shock nova can shock monsters up to 135k life, while arc up to 118k (this is counted pre-party monster life multiplier). On successful shocks the shock nova applies about 100ms more shock duration than arc. In expectation (since shock nova has a higher % chance to shock) the difference is up to 200ms more expected shock duration for shock nova.

With passives: arc can shock monsters up to 150k life, and shock nova up to 165k life. The difference in actual shock duration is reduced to about 50ms, and the difference in expected shock duration is reduced to about 150ms.

Elemental proliferation: is amazing. A shocked monster spreads its shock. This means that we can shock low hp monsters for a long time and they will pass this long duration shock onto high hp monsters. This should make shocking the summoner invaders easy.

Increased shock duration: is very important. In my setup arc has 28% more damage than nova, but nova has 60% increased duration compared to arc. In the shock formula the effectiveness of damage is limited to the target's life/3. The effect of increased duration is not limited, so we can get ridiculously long shocks (5 seconds vs 10k HP monsters). Combine this with ele-prolif and we're very happy.

Elemental weakness/Lightning Penetration: from looking at the shock formula, we can see x% of lightning penetration acts as x% MORE shock duration. This means that with 49% lightning penetration (lvl 20 ele weakness) we get 49% more shock duration. For example with passives arc is now able to shock targets up to 230k life, and shock nova up to 245k. With conductivity we expect to shock 30k targets for 1 second with arc, and 40k targets for 1 second with nova. Comparing ele weakness vs flammability: since we are using GMP, the 14% chance to ignite on L20 flammability is worth about 2000*0.14*0.2 = 56DPS per target. OTOH the extra lightning penetration from ele weakness is worth 250ms+ of shock duration, which easily does more than the 56DPS we lose from chance to ignite. Therefore this character should use ele weakness and not flammability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info