[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

"
Reloads wrote:
Hello. I am using your build and I would like to know what the most needed items are for solo play (I think heartbreaker is for party play?)

For solo its good to aim for an 5L, then get an 6socket astral plate and convert all your currency into fusings to aim for an 6L, if u get one just alch+scour till u get some decent rolls and u can maybe exalt it later.
So you can keep farming with the 5L and mf gear (maps/lunaris/dominus if u got balls) to farm currency to get an 6L.

With an 6L u can do some serious damage while even wearing full MF gear, tho it aint bad with an 5L.

Just check my gear if u dont know what to aim for, as for an scepter i would get something +70spelldmg and +10/15% cast speed, then an shield with high armor/hp/resist.

Then with an 5L and rest MF pieces ur prolly good to solo 74maps like gorge and stuff, plateau prolly too.
Last edited by expjah on May 10, 2014, 8:48:16 AM
Alright giving a lttle update so far.

Im now lvl 47 and this is my gear for future/ right now.

How much is Crest of Perandus block chance worth? How much armor do I need on a shield to actually upgrade it?
"
sueyed wrote:
How much is Crest of Perandus block chance worth? How much armor do I need on a shield to actually upgrade it?

Would be better to get an normal shield with resists and high armor!
I have a question why do you have two shields? the MF one and a Standard one?
I'm running this build to get money in Ambush, here's the gear I have so far. Pretty bad, but heh, it's getting the job done I guess. Saving up for Andvarius.

Last edited by K0nqueror on May 13, 2014, 4:54:59 PM
Why don´t use an 6L-INFERNAL MANTLE? I think your DPS can increase above +300 DPS (Tested in a 5L Infernal Mantle)
"
Reloads wrote:
I have a question why do you have two shields? the MF one and a Standard one?

I can press "x" and shieldswap for more rarity when i drop my culling totem. (if its safe)

"
Why don´t use an 6L-INFERNAL MANTLE? I think your DPS can increase above +300 DPS (Tested in a 5L Infernal Mantle)

Don't really need more dps, if you feel like you do u can try but will lose alot of defensive stats, ive made this build for wearing MF gear and solo'ing maps at the same time, with that chest ur gonna lack alot of armor and such.
Last edited by expjah on May 15, 2014, 6:07:11 PM
I played a MF summoner witch on ambush. Now I'm considering switching to invasion because I believe boting is much less prevalent on invasion. I'm curious why you chose to build a flame totem mfer over a summoner?

This is my breakdown so far:
flame totem mara (your "current" tree)
266% Life, 102% Armor, 79 Res, Blood Magic
-Cannot do no regen (or can only do easy no regen)?
+Can use 2x Andvarius
+Easier to get good defensive stats since you don't need mana reg on jewely, and don't need cloak of defiance.
+More sockets available for mobility and cwdt.
+High life regen
+Better mobility since you don't rely on on minions tanking for you, so you can skip to piety/dom/rima more safely

[Cloak-MoM/AA summoner]
216% Life, 0% Armor, 77 Res, 70% Aura effect, -41% Mana Reserved
-Cannot do blood magic, or can only do easy blood magic (due to no auras)
+8 Zombies + 2 Scepters + 12 Skeletons => more DPS, and more targets for enemies. I believe a MF summoner could do a easy temp chain shipyard in 10 minutes.
-Harder to gear. You need the same defensive stats as FT Mara, as well as ES and mana reg.
-Need 4-6L armor for zombie. 4L for sceptre. 3L for skeleton. 4L for auras. 3L for desecrate+offering+inc dura. 4S left for curse/mobility/cwdt.
-Pretty much no life regen
+Reflect maps are not a problem

High level summary: summoner relies on minions taking damage and DPSing. As a result it has more DPS, and much better survivability vs large mobs. FT relies on being tanky and having ok DPS. As a result he can move better, and still kill at a reasonable speed. Summoner has trouble against tough bosses like Academy, Crematorium, Jungle Valley, and Torture Chamber. (Haven't tried Courtyard/Palace/the new 79). How is FT against tough bosses, and are there other situations where you wish you weren't FT?
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on May 16, 2014, 12:54:01 PM
Well, you already answered your question: FT has more MF. MF is the main reason why you would choose this build. You can have all the clear speeds in the world, but you'd be working twice as much for less drops. Personally, I find getting those rare uniques more fun than killing things faster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info