[1.3.0] [BL/TM] BM Flame Totem solo Magic Find/group culler. (78+Maps solo/Dominus)

Expjah, what is your honest opinion on Leather and Steel? There is two routes to Golem's Blood (assuming you are going after IR).

My current route:
Spoiler

Alternative route if you take no leather and Steel (saves one node, can grab 12% elemental resistances for free):
Spoiler

It takes two nodes to reach Leather and Steel. With Perandus Belt i have enough dexterity to support GMP/FP so Dex node is wasted. Armor/dex node is a waste by default. Buuuuuuuuutttttt -5% movement speed from gloves, -6% from tower shield, -8% from heavy armor. It tremendously slows down Lightning Warp. Piety in melee form can catch up with me using Quicksilver Flask. So as Wiraq The Impaler during berserk. Honestly, this build should be renamed to Double Totem Slug.

Boots of cheetah and Leather and Steel looks like and ultimate answer. Buuuuuuuuuuutttttt two wasted nodes <_<

This god damn node is making me med.
"
Expjah, what is your honest opinion on Leather and Steel? There is two routes to Golem's Blood (assuming you are going after IR).

My current route:
Spoiler

Alternative route if you take no leather and Steel (saves one node, can grab 12% elemental resistances for free):
Spoiler

It takes two nodes to reach Leather and Steel. With Perandus Belt i have enough dexterity to support GMP/FP so Dex node is wasted. Armor/dex node is a waste by default. Buuuuuuuuutttttt -5% movement speed from gloves, -6% from tower shield, -8% from heavy armor. It tremendously slows down Lightning Warp. Piety in melee form can catch up with me using Quicksilver Flask. So as Wiraq The Impaler during berserk. Honestly, this build should be renamed to Double Totem Slug.

Boots of cheetah and Leather and Steel looks like and ultimate answer. Buuuuuuuuuuutttttt two wasted nodes <_<

This god damn node is making me med.

I have no reason to pickup IR and atm ive got 11% movement speed increase and an quicksilver, thats also an reason i dont wear goldwyrm boots but wear boots with +30 movement speed.

But adjust the tree on how you want since it changes on the user's gear, if you don't have boots with 30%movement speed id prolly go for Leather and Steel as well, atm im used to 11%.

And for golems blood i dont know, i also dont need extra regen atm else ill be having trouble keeping my flask on, i tried from 300life regen to 200 and atm at 230 which i think is perfect, ill update my tree later since i leveled. (Also skipped the +30dex node since i dont need it)
"
expjah wrote:
ill update my tree later since i leveled.

Please do. Your original build have some inconsistencies like you take frost/lightning resistance nodes in marauder three (15% resistance per node) instead of taking frost/lightning resistance on top of the Sentinel node (18% resistance per node) and so on.

I see totem marauder as a pure support, hence all the damage nodes besides Arsonist wheel seems like a waste to me (actually i do not have arsonist and still doing pretty fine). Take all the hp nodes you can and add some resistances on top of that (hence the Golem Blood wheel - 1.5% life regen , 8/8/12% hp nodes and it opens up +12% to elemental resistances node).

For me this is like THE build tho i would not go for ranger life three wheel until i am bathing in exalts:

"
"
expjah wrote:
ill update my tree later since i leveled.

Please do. Your original build have some inconsistencies like you take frost/lightning resistance nodes in marauder three (15% resistance per node) instead of taking frost/lightning resistance on top of the Sentinel node (18% resistance per node) and so on.

I see totem marauder as a pure support, hence all the damage nodes besides Arsonist wheel seems like a waste to me (actually i do not have arsonist and still doing pretty fine). Take all the hp nodes you can and add some resistances on top of that (hence the Golem Blood wheel - 1.5% life regen , 8/8/12% hp nodes and it opens up +12% to elemental resistances node).

For me this is like THE build tho i would not go for ranger life three wheel until i am bathing in exalts:

Well you are looking at "What i had in mind before invasion started" thats for people to see whats possible in the build. (And what i had in mind 2months ago, things changed^^)
I think you should rather check the current build and leather and steel one.

Personally i like to be able to solo MF too so im keeping in enough of the dps nodes since i still want some clear speed(which is actually very good for an MF'er solo) if you are going for full party culling its good to get leather and steel and some extra hp, tho like i said its hard to keep an MF flask up with that kind of regen. Also you have spent 117points, very high level.

And like matrix said the build is not set in stone, you can choose which suits you, tho i also think the strength of this build lays in the possibility to solo high level maps, even crazy rolled ones with minus max turbo and such. (see below)

Spoiler
yes its black spider dead there+one scary vaal spark exile in there, tho fully cleared
http://imgur.com/Ugp0EOz
ive ran over 50 77+'s and also courtyard bosses with no curses mod and such, all solo
tho im not gonna make screenshots of everything ofcourse, if my pc would handle recording well id do it but its just too bad optimized

The only thing ive changed since leveling is taking one extra dps node again actually so nothing special there.

Last edited by expjah on May 26, 2014, 9:51:10 PM
"
Tubbehh wrote:
"
"
Tubbehh wrote:
I have a question, wouldn't you want to add the item rarity gem into the 6l chest plate? and if so what gem should you replace it in for

From what i got expjah is (was?) using two totem setup: 6L for damage/utility and 4L for culling/mf. I just went straight for 6L culling/mf. So yeah, maybe it is not optimal but it is definitely possible.

Gems you must not touch are Flame Totem (o rly?), Greater Multiple Projectiles and Faster Projectiles. Added Chaos damage gives biggest damage boost on paper and is great against Immune to fire/Weak to chaos mobs. Fire Penetration gives the biggest actual damage boost and again helps against Immune to fire mobs. Faster casting is just great to have all around.

By default we have RRBBGG chest. Use FT/FirePen/IIR/Faster Casting/GMC/Faster Projectiles. I say swap Faster Casting for Added Chaos Damage if in areas like Crematorium and against Immune to fire bosses.

O, I totally did not notice that he had a 4link set up with item rarity gem, so never mind on what gems i should replace.
Also as to colors of the chest plate, he has RRGGBB how hard would that be to get on per say an astral plate or gladiator plate.
thanks for the help

RRBBGG is not that hard you can always get an armor/evasion piece if u want, astral is good tho for MF'ers due to extra+12res
Any thoughts on using static blows + the three dragons unique with this build?
"
mentosik12 wrote:
Any thoughts on using static blows + the three dragons unique with this build?

It has been discussed already. Works like magic for leveling, after that it is useless. Damage of each projectile fired by Flame Totem is not enough to shock anything but a blood monkey.

"
Tubbehh wrote:
I have a question, wouldn't you want to add the item rarity gem into the 6l chest plate? and if so what gem should you replace it in for

I do for grouping, then i swap to double heartbreaker (1mainhand/1offhand with shield) to cull everything even when i swap to the rarity shield when its safe.
In groups i swap the Added Chaos to IIR and sometimes FirePen for Life Leech (more uptime),

When i go rima farming for midnights (rarely do it) but then i swap faster casting to IIR which sets me on an base of 394IIR to all mobs, tooltip dps is still 1690~.

Last edited by expjah on May 28, 2014, 2:32:06 PM
Movement reduction of tower shields and str/str+int based armors have been reduced significantly. No need of going for Leather and Steel anymore. Unless you are going for Totemic Zeal. I say there is no need to go into ranger branch deeper than life wheel.
"
Movement reduction of tower shields and str/str+int based armors have been reduced significantly. No need of going for Leather and Steel anymore. Unless you are going for Totemic Zeal. I say there is no need to go into ranger branch deeper than life wheel.

Yeh and ofcourse more chance on good uniques, tho i got lucky 1hour before the patch ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info