poe.xyz.is = The "auction house" that everyone thought we didn't need?

one suggestion to be balance between Auction house and player interaction

1. Lets Create a Page in personal stash and define the page to "for Trading use"

2. Anyone who want to sell the items, just put the items into this page, and set the "Price" on the items (i think it is easy, like mouse over then show up the gear price"

3. and then just very easy setup a AH that showing player's "For Trading Use Page" (or call it Player Shop)

4. then buyers just browse the items and send Private message with the price to sellers

5. if the sellers receive the message, lets confirm the deal by one click, then the items auto send to the buyers

Above case can easily solve the Buyer Time
and the seller more easily to sell their items and organize items

also, this method can balance the "Aution House" problem, which is too easy and too focus to let the game become "Path of Auction". A bit more complicated and easily selling and buying

it is the ultimate solution for everyone

Diablo 3 problem is too rubbish drop rate and no value items found during the game play

if POE is keeping intereting while playing the games and acceptable drop rate, i think it is ok.

"
vulcanfury12 wrote:
Simply put, I haven't found anything close to the DPS offered by Mightflay, and I have been farming Piety/Maps for 14 levels now.

Those are part of possible replacements for Mightyflay I kept from Merveil runs in Nemesis and I found a lot more similar weapons vendored. I believe you have/had good chance to find upgrades for Mightyflay at some point in Lv.46-59 zones (up to tier 3 physical mods. Mightyflay is tier 4 grade) and Mightyflay is good leveling weapon from mid to late game. /end of this particular topic

Edit: I had adjusted my progression to reach Merveil on level and tried not to gain exp as possible through Merveil runs else literally drop sucks if over-leveled.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Last edited by finisterre on Mar 31, 2014, 8:40:15 AM
"
finisterre wrote:
"
vulcanfury12 wrote:
Simply put, I haven't found anything close to the DPS offered by Mightflay, and I have been farming Piety/Maps for 14 levels now.

Those are part of possible replacements for Mightyflay I kept from Merveil runs in Nemesis and I found a lot more similar weapons vendored. I believe you have/had good chance to find upgrades for Mightyflay at some point in Lv.46-59 zones (up to tier 3 physical mods. Mightyflay is tier 4 grade) and Mightyflay is good leveling weapon from mid to late game. /end of this particular topic

Edit: I had adjusted my progression to reach Merveil on level and tried not to gain exp as possible through Merveil runs else literally drop sucks if over-leveled.

Item drops are not affected by being over leveled. Only currency drops are.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
I'd love to see an in-game trade system with buyouts. See an item you want? Buy it immediately without any player hassle.

Don't we have a trade system revamp coming anyway?

I totally agree that drop rates should be geared towards those that play self-found. Current drop rates are pretty horrendous, even when you stack item rarity. I can't imagine them going any lower because of an "auction house".
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
vulcanfury12 wrote:
"
finisterre wrote:
"
vulcanfury12 wrote:

Drop rates are pretty shitty as is right now. If it weren't, I wouldn't have had to go to xyz to replace my Mightflay after 22 levels of using it. 3 months of playing and I've only seen an exalt once, and 5L four times 2 crappy base armors and 2 crappy base 2h swords). And eith the existence of Poexchange, your precious ARPG is now essentially an economy sim with a side of mobslaying.

If you aim for a specific weapon type, it's getting harder to find upgrades but you can maximize the efficiency of the build.

Back in the days when I was leveling as 1H melee build in Nemesis, I didn't have to find weapon since I didn't really find necessity of replacing Mightyflay for long. Also I didn't have to stick to a specific weapon type because I had decided to not go for dagger build right away. When I finally found a good sword through Merveil runs switching to MF gears for the last hit, I had 10+ possible upgrades in the stash. And I decided to go for sword build though I could start picking dagger nodes and use one of 2 daggers (one with top physical mods w/o attack speed, one with balanced mods.)

My build is a Scion Reaver that uses no weapon-specific nodes other than the new Axe/Sword with life node. Ideally, it would use swords, but the Mightflay proved too useful. Had I not gone to xyz, I would probably still be using it, and would not break 5k DPS at level 74 (yes, I'm not even a hundred damage above 5k). Simply put, I haven't found anything close to the DPS offered by Mightflay, and I have been farming Piety/Maps for 14 levels now.

It sucks because the other "economical" method of upgrading gear (alch'n'go, if you don't like the result, alch another white you find) is just as layered in RNG as actually finding a replacement from farming. The rare rustic + whetstone + weapon recipe can only get you so far.

I'm a self found player and here is how I craft upgrades:

1. Save all desirable rare weapons you find. For example if you want 1h swords, save all rare corsair swords and all other good rare swords. Then convert them 5:1 at the vendor.
2. Spend all your whetstones on the best base items you can find. In your case this is probably corsair swords, since you want high attack speed to build up the reave stacks quickly. Pick up all white corsair swords. Make the swords 20% quality and make one blue and one yellow. Then vendor a white + blue + yellow all 20% quality for an alch. So that means you get a free weapon reroll for each 12 whetstones you find.

With this method I crafted this around level 75:

@scrotie

balancing trade with gameplay means implementing restrictions on trade, instead of faciliating easier trade.

the easier trade becomes, the more the seesaw shifts and trading takes over the game

trading isn't evil. unchecked, easy, limitless trading is evil.

people say that poe.xyz solves this because of the "human element" of bartering. this is false.

our own populace is training itself out of excessive haggling because it is wasteful/inefficient. more and more people are resorting to buyout only, and only interacting with sellers who sell for strict buyout prices.

likewise, sellers are being conditioned to avoid the same behavior as it limits their amount of potential buyers.
Last edited by Veruski on Mar 31, 2014, 1:51:54 PM
@finistre:
that just means you got lucky. Got to A3 merc at around level 55 (suicidal overconfidence in corrupted areas do great in keeping your level down) still with the Mightflay. Oh, and of those that you posted, with the exception of the Twilight blade and the claw, would mean that I would still end up using Mightflay for 20 or so levels. It either means that progression is at the mercy of the ALMIGHTY RNG or Mightflay really is just that good. But that's a discussion for another day.

@glh5:
That method, while sound (it essentially ensures that you only lose a Transmute when rolling) is still AT THE MERCY OF THE ALMIGHTY RNG!!!! PRAISE BE TO RNGEEZUS!!!! But that is quite nice, since Corsairs have been dropping left and right at Lunaris, and as a bonus, I can buy it at the vendor if I need the reroll. I'll implement it after my CONNECTION ISSUES WHICH HAVE BEEN GOING ON FOR MORE THAN A WEEK NOW is resolved.

Second highest rolls on weapons are available at lvl 65, right?
"
vulcanfury12 wrote:
@finistre:
that just means you got lucky. Got to A3 merc at around level 55 (suicidal overconfidence in corrupted areas do great in keeping your level down) still with the Mightflay. Oh, and of those that you posted, with the exception of the Twilight blade and the claw, would mean that I would still end up using Mightflay for 20 or so levels. It either means that progression is at the mercy of the ALMIGHTY RNG or Mightflay really is just that good. But that's a discussion for another day.

Mightflay can get you through Merciless. Mightflay got you through merciless. So where is the problem?
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Personally I think the buyout system is what really irks people with the indexer. Being able to search up the items you need is definitely a feature we all take for granted, and probably can't live without. It's the misconception that buyout prices are the "going rate" that's the big issue here.
"
reboticon wrote:

Item drops are not affected by being over leveled. Only currency drops are.

Good to be accurate but that was not my point. My point was that I self-found those without being over leveled. (and I am not here to recommend "farm easy zones over-leveled, abuse trading for gears/currency" method >.>)
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
Last edited by finisterre on Mar 31, 2014, 4:30:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info