poe.xyz.is = The "auction house" that everyone thought we didn't need?

"
Sayyid wrote:
No player interaction while trading would be a blessing. The worst thing about trading is having to deal with flippers, scammers, people who expect you to wait fifteen minutes for them over a stupid 2c item (most likely because they are actually a bot, and you got an auto-response), and/or cretins in your quest to just get the damn item you want.

Sorry, but if the biggest problem you can come up with for that is "but then TRADE BOTS WILL EXIST!" ... then wow, just wow, look around trade chat sometime and try to say that again with a straight face.

Well about having to wait, i contantly run maps and my maps cost me far more then 2 chaos to run, i want to get the most from every portal, this mean im not leaving my lvl 78 maps
to come sell your your pair of gloves or boots. You can wait or find another pair.

Also my client is logged in nearly 24/7 eh i come back and sometimes have many pms about stuff, shit happens. I dont log it out because i just dont want to. Problem ?
Off topic but...

"
It's the same reason why, in real life, we aren't all our own plumbers, electricians, chefs, accountants, doctors, firefighters, etc. We buy shoes from a certain company, and purchase computers from another company. People specialize in different things, and as a community we transact with each other so that everyone's expertise can be shared with others. Trade/commerce is simply an inevitable result of a developed/mature community. Everyone has something different to offer.

Im laughing, Im crying ...
"
WShinikaru wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:
That's... exactly what I said in the "What about D3?" section.

GGG wants there to be player interaction when trading, and the first idea in your "What about D3" post would kill that.
I can't really refute your second idea though; it wouldn't surprise me if GGG goes with that eventually.

"(1) Only allow trades to occur when the seller is online to sell an item directly to the buyer (like what we have now, through a trade window). This way, it slows down the rate at which items can be "flipped" by dedicated traders, and the viability of bots are virtually eliminated altogether."

How does that kill player interaction?
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Mar 30, 2014, 2:50:26 PM
While the easier trading from an AH like system would be nice, the cost is far too great for what it'll do to the market, sorry.

No, just no.
IGN: HowDoIShotBows
"
While the easier trading from an AH like system would be nice, the cost is far too great for what it'll do to the market, sorry.

No, just no.

What does it do to the market?
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
"
rrtson wrote:
"

No, just no.

What does it do to the market?

Nothing, thats what he is afraid of.
Well...

GGG doesn't want the best items in the game to drop. Chris said that pretty directly. But they doesn't like buyouts either, wanting trading to be "harder" than an AH or XYZ. They want you to be awarded for "the time spent" trading. And as of now, using XYZ, "the time spent" isn't that much. It IS a paradox, indeed. XYZ may seem like a good thing, but it really isn't. If it's easy to trade, it's harder to find good upgrades - a 10 year old kid knows this.

I hate the idea of an AH. Running around with items others have found/crafted, is far from an aRPG in my eyes.

Trading should be balanced as intended: Time consuming and boring, making people choose; "Should I grind, or should I trade"? WTF is the meaning of item drops, if a player - afting finding 5 chaos - just hit the AH and buys what he wants?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Go back to D3 they said.
No John.
You are D3.
There's a huge difference between in-game and out-of-game trading. You don't see it, because you trade. You've adopted xyz as a feature of the game. It's not.
"

No, just no.

How about people start playing the game instead of the market?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info