poe.xyz.is = The "auction house" that everyone thought we didn't need?

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
There's a huge difference between in-game and out-of-game trading. You don't see it, because you trade. You've adopted xyz as a feature of the game. It's not.

That doesn't mean jack shit when 90% of the people playing the game use it to trade.

Edit: And if GGG thought an AH(because that's what poe.xyz is) "ruined" their envisioned bartering system you'd think there would be atleast one dev post saying that in the huge poe.xyz thread in the forums.
ign: ecogen
Last edited by ecogen on Mar 30, 2014, 7:55:15 AM
I'll say this,

There's two directions PoE can go in. A bigger economy and all the extras like an AH that come with that and abandoning the haggling-based economy (it never was barter-based). Or a smaller economy, reworking other systems instead of adding an AH so that we end up with a much smaller market for which a trade chat will be sufficient.

Either way, I do believe the current situation is worse than both alternatives. We've got an economy of MMO proportions but we've got the tools of an action RPG.

Either we need the tools of an MMO or we need an economy the size of an action RPG. This hybrid abomination is just causing frustration all around I believe.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
Last edited by Gobla on Mar 30, 2014, 8:30:32 AM
I personally find it a misconception that the AH killed D3.

I agree it was too convenient and should have had some kind of limitation.

XYZ has that limitation. there is no instant buyout, the seller has to be online, it is not gold based like in D3 and overall just not as efficient.

The other thing is that D3 had a RMAH which xyz does not have.

I hate how they removed the AH in D3 and did not offer anything in return. So I am happy with PoEs AH.
"
dspair wrote:
"
While the easier trading from an AH like system would be nice, the cost is far too great for what it'll do to the market, sorry.

No, just no.

How about people start playing the game instead of the market?

lol

this is the circular problem that an AH creates and why they slowly destroy ARPGs, and why diablo 3 got fucked over.

drop rates get turned to shit because of trading

people think they can have their cake and eat it too with the AH...well, give it time, and you will all see just how fucking terrible this is for the game

if i wanted an economy simulator i'd be playing eve online
Last edited by Veruski on Mar 30, 2014, 9:48:35 AM
I am exhausted right now, or else I'd read the OP at once. I'll get to it after I get some sleep.

Until then, based off nothing more than a skim, I just want to say: we need more OPs like this one. Regardless of whether I agree or disagree, we've got a whole bunch of thought poured into a well-organized thread, dealing with a topic in depth. Far too many threads in these forums begin as the most simplistic of attention-getters, contributing virtually no intelligence to a hot-button topic and relying on controversy in order to get bumps.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
That "auction house" is much slower and more inconvenient that the one in D3. Which is a good thing. Trading doesn't need a buff.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
eh, I think POE.XYZ.IS strikes a pretty good balance. It facilitates trading to the point where it makes trading a lot less frustrating without making he game feel like it's all about how you use the website. There's a world of separation between POE.XYZ.IS and the D3 AH which did a lot of harm to that game IMO.

Trade chat sucks balls because people spam it. It would be a lot better IMO if you were limited to 1-2 messages to trade chat per minute.
Trade chats= All sellers, all spam, all a waste of time.

Biggest symptom of a problem: Sarn party boards.

Poe.xyz saved me from quitting. I was sick of collecting hordes of gear and never having any currency because I couldn't ever sell anything. Now , I price low, have all the chaos I need to buy simple build enabling things, and now struggle to keep stuff in stock
-Charles

My PoE experience probably got better by 1000% after using sites like poe.xyz

I don't know what else to say other than it made it more fun for me.
S L O W E R
when you find yourself spending more time trading than actually playing

that's when something is wrong

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info