poe.xyz.is = The "auction house" that everyone thought we didn't need?

"
Veruski wrote:
"
dspair wrote:
"
While the easier trading from an AH like system would be nice, the cost is far too great for what it'll do to the market, sorry.

No, just no.

How about people start playing the game instead of the market?

lol

this is the circular problem that an AH creates and why they slowly destroy ARPGs, and why diablo 3 got fucked over.

drop rates get turned to shit because of trading

people think they can have their cake and eat it too with the AH...well, give it time, and you will all see just how fucking terrible this is for the game

if i wanted an economy simulator i'd be playing eve online

Drop rates are pretty shitty as is right now. If it weren't, I wouldn't have had to go to xyz to replace my Mightflay after 22 levels of using it. 3 months of playing and I've only seen an exalt once, and 5L four times 2 crappy base armors and 2 crappy base 2h swords). And eith the existence of Poexchange, your precious ARPG is now essentially an economy sim with a side of mobslaying.
"
KenshiD wrote:

it is not gold based like in D3 and overall just not as efficient.

Orbs here are the same as gold in other games.
"
ampdecay wrote:
My PoE experience probably got better by 1000% after using sites like poe.xyz

I don't know what else to say other than it made it more fun for me.

Shame POE itself couldn't provide that fun for you.

Well whatever gets the job done right ? =)
Auction house requires surplus drops/currencies like now we can find "drop sucks" thread everywhere. It's very possible to keep finding temporal upgrades on the way to the endgame if we invest more in theorycrafting build/progression.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
"
Temper wrote:
"
ampdecay wrote:
My PoE experience probably got better by 1000% after using sites like poe.xyz

I don't know what else to say other than it made it more fun for me.

Shame POE itself couldn't provide that fun for you.

Well whatever gets the job done right ? =)

That's basically how I feel at this point, I was once adverse to an auction house as well but indexed searching has made my gameplay better, less time trading more time playing.

S L O W E R
"
stormyknight wrote:
"
Sayyid wrote:
No player interaction while trading would be a blessing. The worst thing about trading is having to deal with flippers, scammers, people who expect you to wait fifteen minutes for them over a stupid 2c item (most likely because they are actually a bot, and you got an auto-response), and/or cretins in your quest to just get the damn item you want.

Sorry, but if the biggest problem you can come up with for that is "but then TRADE BOTS WILL EXIST!" ... then wow, just wow, look around trade chat sometime and try to say that again with a straight face.

Well about having to wait, i contantly run maps and my maps cost me far more then 2 chaos to run, i want to get the most from every portal, this mean im not leaving my lvl 78 maps
to come sell your your pair of gloves or boots. You can wait or find another pair.

Also my client is logged in nearly 24/7 eh i come back and sometimes have many pms about stuff, shit happens. I dont log it out because i just dont want to. Problem ?

Oh, to be sure, I don't think it's your fault that you are stuck in a map. It's just one more way that the devs screwed up their trade system. They expect people to trade to finance maps, but you can't trade while running maps. Which leads to the obvious problem that because of the lack of any real trade system, people end up sitting around frustrated that they're not killing things in a game about killing things.

It doesn't help that portal gems are so rare that non-mappers basically get to choose to pay a 10c "starter fee" for the gem to be able to keep playing the game in the meantime while trying to trade with mappers, or eat up hundreds of wasted TP scrolls hoping that the guy who says "almost done" this time is actually almost done.

The military has an old saying about this sort of thing. It's an old fashioned "Charley Foxtrot."
To save readers time, I don't know if an auction house will be a good idea.

For games like D3, the auction house backfired big time.
I don't think the standard auction house idea will be implemented into the
game since they would have probably have done it by now. And of course it
will open the door to bots/programs that automate this process. However I
can imagine that the same could be done by scanning the poexyz website.

I like poexyz, tho i think that it would be better if GGG would handle this
on their official website to monitor abuse better. Like if a certain ip address
searches every x seconds it could be flagged suspicious. Naturally a whole
lot of other patterns could be found picking out the not so well written
bots.

A self found league could be a good option too, there are many people who
hate trading and the time it consumes. If you want money, you have to trade
since you just can't support rolling high level maps with just the currency
that drops / vendor recipes. However, if you're unlucky, you'll never see an
exalt or divine drop for you (or gcp's in my case). It will also downsize the
amount of viable builds since many builds rely on a certain unique which is
pretty much impossible to get. They would do something about the loot that
drops to make it work (loot 2.0 :-)) This would immediately stop all RMT on
that league which is a big plus.

Tho I hated the trading system at first, since it was time consuming and
getting into prizes for items takes a lot of time. But after a while you
get used to it (at least I did), I made a shop with the help of procurement
and get whispers from time to time from people who are interested. Not much
work so it's not a big hurdle anymore. Also the trading feels like part of
the game, the negotiations about prizes for a certain item can be pretty fun.

So as a conclusion, I must admit I just don't know. It's a difficult subject
since every option seems to have negative sides to it too. If i DO have to
pick an option, it would be a poexyz like part on the website which in my
opinion feels like the option with the least downsides and options for monitoring.

Just my 2 cents.
Yep.

It is.

And once I decked out my character, the game became horribly boring.
"
Gobla wrote:
I'll say this,

There's two directions PoE can go in. A bigger economy and all the extras like an AH that come with that and abandoning the haggling-based economy (it never was barter-based). Or a smaller economy, reworking other systems instead of adding an AH so that we end up with a much smaller market for which a trade chat will be sufficient.

Either way, I do believe the current situation is worse than both alternatives. We've got an economy of MMO proportions but we've got the tools of an action RPG.

Either we need the tools of an MMO or we need an economy the size of an action RPG. This hybrid abomination is just causing frustration all around I believe.

Well put. We've got more players with items to spam than there is visual space to spare on the Noticeboard / Trade Chat. This simply causes a bloated system where our player base resembles a MMO server, yet have 0 tools whatsoever to sort through all of that chaos.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I am exhausted right now, or else I'd read the OP at once. I'll get to it after I get some sleep.

Until then, based off nothing more than a skim, I just want to say: we need more OPs like this one. Regardless of whether I agree or disagree, we've got a whole bunch of thought poured into a well-organized thread, dealing with a topic in depth. Far too many threads in these forums begin as the most simplistic of attention-getters, contributing virtually no intelligence to a hot-button topic and relying on controversy in order to get bumps.

Thank you; looking forward to your opinions.

"
Laminar_Flow1 wrote:
Yep.

It is.

And once I decked out my character, the game became horribly boring.

That is a function of you and yours truly. You fail to find entertainment in PoE after decking out your character, but that doesn't mean the rest of us feel the same way.

In my experience, once I am able to afford a new computer, a new TV, a new car, a new house in real life, I don't suddenly get bored of life.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Mar 30, 2014, 2:45:27 PM
"
vulcanfury12 wrote:

Drop rates are pretty shitty as is right now. If it weren't, I wouldn't have had to go to xyz to replace my Mightflay after 22 levels of using it. 3 months of playing and I've only seen an exalt once, and 5L four times 2 crappy base armors and 2 crappy base 2h swords). And eith the existence of Poexchange, your precious ARPG is now essentially an economy sim with a side of mobslaying.

The problem of the trading, xyz, all of it could be remedied a bit with one move that is in most modern ARPG's;

Drop Significance.

See, I have farmed the shit out of this game, and can say with 100% certainty, that good stuff DOES drop. Orbs drop. The problem is not the rate of drops, but the likelihood that it is usable by that person.

I.e.

I play summoner.

In all my time farming, I've had about 3-4 truly summoner specific unique items drop, 1 Ullr and the rest Queen's Decrees/sidhebreath's (surprise, surprise, no high-end ones, midnight, mortis, skullhead, etc).

That is fucking ridiculous with a capital 'this blows donkey sack'.

However, I've had about 50+ stash tabs full of kit for other players and builds drop. Good items, not shit, items worth several exalts, plenty of them. TONNES OF THEM! But fucking nothing ever drops FOR ME.

This is the problem. If drops had that modern drop logic that looks at what a player is trying to build, and had say, a 50% chance to be useful to what the player is trying to do, while the other 50% could be random loot for trading or whatever, I'm sure people would have a much more positive experience.

The Sacred series was absolutely wonderful for this.
It really sucks the wind out of the sails. I don't care how many good items I get, how many billions of exalted the are worth, etc. I want to find shit for me. Find shit, for me.
Last edited by gr00grams on Mar 30, 2014, 2:51:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info