poe.xyz.is = The "auction house" that everyone thought we didn't need?

Auction House please, I don't want to spend my playing time watching the trade channel or spamming so I can sell my items, poe xis is great but most ppl are offline when you want something, there are some great ideas on this post to make a better AH, that don't mess the game like it did with diablo, pls work on that =)
"
acroxit wrote:
to make a better AH, that don't mess the game like it did with diablo, pls work on that =)

The problem with an AH in an aRPG, is this: When an AH is automated (like the one in D3), it will be TOO easy just to click two or three times, and have BiS items. There's no "skill", there's no time spent - there's nothing.

If I understand Chris right, he wants trading to be rewarding because it's "interacting with other players". It's sort of an "effort". Chris is against any form of buyouts, thank god.

aRPGs is all about killing monsters to progress, and get loot as you go. If trading nets you "everything" you need by clicking your mouse two or three times, ALL THE LOOT IN THE WORLD will get boring, coz it can't match what you're buying.

No, in a perfect game - trading is hard and takes time.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

The problem with an AH in an aRPG, is this: When an AH is automated (like the one in D3), it will be TOO easy just to click two or three times, and have BiS items. There's no "skill", there's no time spent - there's nothing.

But you need some currency to buy it! And when i spend less time on trading, i will spend more time on actual killing monsters.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
poe xyz is not auction house bro
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

But you need some currency to buy it! And when i spend less time on trading, i will spend more time on actual killing monsters.

You needed "currency" to buy stuff in D3 as well.

My character was kitted out in perfect-minus-1 gear within a week. Didn't take long after that for me to stop playing it entirely.

FYI, and I'm not sure if anyone's said this in the other dozen or so pages, but... POE.XYZ isn't an auction house, it's an item listing. It's just POE's version of d2jsp, minus the forum gold. D2jsp didn't ruin D2, but the in game AH did ruin D3.
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
Last edited by themousemaster on Apr 22, 2014, 8:57:28 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
acroxit wrote:
to make a better AH, that don't mess the game like it did with diablo, pls work on that =)

If I understand Chris right, he wants trading to be rewarding because it's "interacting with other players". It's sort of an "effort". Chris is against any form of buyouts, thank god.

aRPGs is all about killing monsters to progress, and get loot as you go. If trading nets you "everything" you need by clicking your mouse two or three times, ALL THE LOOT IN THE WORLD will get boring, coz it can't match what you're buying.

Are you implying that time spent = skill? Cuz I don't see skill when you get lucky. Personally, during these first two months of Ambush, i've found 4 exalts already, none of which were from boxes. Am I more skillful than a portion of the playerbase because of that? Getting orbs drops are the only thongs thst excite me anymore in this game. Sure, if I drop any of the high value uniques, I might get excited, but that's from the prospect of selling the thing.
Trading sucks, drops suck, flipping sucks... I just want to play and I support a self-found league with better drop. I used to hate the idea of a SFL, I use to hate the idea of removing IIR and having better drop, but this game have changed me to support both. Maybe the Devs should take a second look at how the D2 drops worked. At least there I found stuff to do different build around. Here in PoE I have buy almost everything to do builds around.... and a weeks worth of farming, and work and life still gets me no where. I love this game but always hit the brick wall when farming Merc Piety.

XYZ helps a little... but there is a big flaw that this game is skewed to elitists, and a lot of people know this and are turned off by it.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
acroxit wrote:

I think the whole 'interacting with other playsers' is a bunch of bullshit (Can we trade? After map. K. *wait* tyvm). Regardless, I think buyouts are coming. Much like every other fucking quality of life improvement in this game, it won't be implemented by GGG, but the community. If they allow trades to be completed through the forum, bots won't be far behind that will check if the buyout conditions are met, and complete the trade automagically.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
An automated Auction house ruins every Arpg. Trading should not be too easy in a game like this. Diablo 2 was the best ARPG and was on a roll for a decade, why do people want to reinvent the wheel?
"
b15h09 wrote:
Regardless, I think buyouts are coming. Much like every other fucking quality of life improvement in this game, it won't be implemented by GGG, but the community.
Quoted for truthery. Not sure exactly how it will happen, but it will happen. Not sure if it's a good thing or not, but it's inevitable.

I've been against buyouts in the past. I see how they can be damaging as a mechanic. But I'm done fighting against them. They have happened with xyz. They will happen with any new trading system which is introduced. It's what the people want, and they will incorporate them into any system introduced, whether formally or informally.

The challenge for GGG is not how to prevent buyouts. That's a losing battle. Instead, their challenge is to make a deep, resilient, and enjoyable economy despite buyouts.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 22, 2014, 9:54:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info