Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

I don't know if this thread is still on topic, but I am voting AGAINST SFL. My reasoning is that I believe it would further split the playerbase, and thos who played SFL would likely have less fun than they imagine (because GGG would not buff drop rates as they are hoping for) and would probably leave PoE with a bad taste. Just my opinion.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
"
CrazylikE wrote:
I voted Yes. I want to compete but dont want to trade.

Edit: After reading some of the previous replies, I see people are arguing about increased drop rates again *sigh*. I would just like to state that I do NOT wish to have increased drop rates.

Then please state why you need a SFL. As you can pla SF already if you dont want increased drop rates, what would a SFL give you that is not already in the game?

It's written there, very clearly, but I guess not to all...

So all for bragging rights then? OK, got it.

BTW, if SFL did exist, you cant really say competition is fair if someone buys an account from an RMTer/Botter and gets top ladder spot.
"

Then please state why you need a SFL. As you can pla SF already if you dont want increased drop rates, what would a SFL give you that is not already in the game?

I honestly can not believe that your still asking this question. As if people haven't clearly explained it many many times.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"

I honestly can not believe that your still asking this question. As if people haven't clearly explained it many many times.

After seing him ask this in all the SFL threads ive been to, I dont think he will ever understand, guess we will just have to get used to having him around, asking the same question over and over.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
trav_dawg wrote:
I don't know if this thread is still on topic, but I am voting AGAINST SFL. My reasoning is that I believe it would further split the playerbase, and thos who played SFL would likely have less fun than they imagine (because GGG would not buff drop rates as they are hoping for) and would probably leave PoE with a bad taste. Just my opinion.

I agree, a bad implementation would be worse than no implementation. If the game's drop system is still tuned for trade, but trade is disabled, that would be about the epitome half-assed. Still, if done well, it would be a boon for the game as a whole.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
These two arguments against SFL need to stop. They are weak as fuck:

Splitting playerbase!!
: Gonna happen anyway with paid leagues.

Can play SFL already, why you need a league?
: Same argument applies to Hardcore, no?

A SFL with no drop rate adjustment would just be a huge waste of time. Not only would it make a guild pointless (no guild stash!), it would just be masochistic as hell, and only a few people would bother at all. However, I'm sure that this flavor will happen eventually with paid leagues.

A SFL with increased drop rates would be bad for a different reason; People would try it, and returning to the main game would feel bad in comparison. Hi, slippery slope! You're looking delightfully slippery today.

Even with increased drop rates, crafting your own map-worthy gear is still not gonna effing happen. Drop rates are NOT the issue there. The only thing that's going to enable you to reliably craft your own gear is a complete, fundamental overhaul of the crafting system. Do you really feel that is in the works?

SFL proponents have issues with the game that a SFL will not fix. THAT is why I oppose it.

A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:

SFL proponents have issues with the game that a SFL will not fix. THAT is why I oppose it.

Maybe this is true but considering the devs have said basically nothing in regards to helping the main game at all....a SFL still looks really friggin good.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:

Maybe this is true but considering the devs have said basically nothing in regards to helping the main game at all....a SFL still looks really friggin good.

Where are problems in POE? I fail to see how a SFL could fix anything people might think is wrong. I wonder if people on the D3 forum beg for a SFL there too...

SFL people didnt even explain if they want one that is HC or SC or both.

And no, a HC league makes sense compared to a SFL because its about death and dropping to another league which feels like humiliation to HC players.

If they would just delete their char after 1 death, well, that would not feel like a penalty.

HC = penalty and shares economy with SC
SFL = no penalty and no economy shared with another league
"

Where are problems in POE? I fail to see how a SFL could fix anything people might think is wrong. I wonder if people on the D3 forum beg for a SFL there too...

Hurr durrr Dirk. I wonder why you don't see them? Oh maybe its because people are different and don't have to agree on everything. Just because I have an issue with the game and other people have an issue with the game doesn't mean that EVERYBODY has that same issue with the game. You obviously don't have the same issues as we do, so what?? Go enjoy the game and tell yourself "you know what I'm not going to get it because I am perfectly content with the game now, maybe I should just leave those threads alone since I contribute nothing at all". If you don't see any issues with the game then of course a SFL would also look meaningless to you.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on May 9, 2014, 4:06:45 PM
"
trav_dawg wrote:

Damn right. I am against gay marriage too because it will further split apart the straight and gay males. I think this is a good solution to the gay problem. Kappa

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info