Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

I'd put money down if that's what it would take to have a SFL
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
So far we have:
83% in favour of testing a dedicated SFL
7% not in favour of testing a dedicated SFL
10% maybe in favour, depending on the details

Except the minor detail that of those people, 100% chose to click on a thread titled "love poe? Tired of trading and rmt?" so they could participate in it. I'd be more concerned that you didn't manage to get 100% votes in favor given the way it was worded.

lurn2survey

I love trading, doing it all the time-selling what I've found and flipping uniques and currencies.
But still, it would be interesting, people will be much weaker, but it'll be interesting, I'll definitely play in such self found league as long as I can party with my friends.
"
Alea wrote:
Hey guys sorry to ask but do we have ANY official reply from ANY GGG staff at ANY time, talking about SFL ? thanks :)

No
"
Alea wrote:
Hey guys sorry to ask but do we have ANY official reply from ANY GGG staff at ANY time, talking about SFL ? thanks :)

Different staff have made non official comments(personal opinions) on the forum and on pod casts that aren't exactly positive in regards to a SFL. They appear to want to make little changes to the main game, they also appear to love the economy too much to ever promote a SFL.
Standard Forever
"
Antnee wrote:
These two arguments against SFL need to stop. They are weak as fuck:

Splitting playerbase!!
: Gonna happen anyway with paid leagues.

Can play SFL already, why you need a league?
: Same argument applies to Hardcore, no?

A SFL with no drop rate adjustment would just be a huge waste of time. Not only would it make a guild pointless (no guild stash!), it would just be masochistic as hell, and only a few people would bother at all. However, I'm sure that this flavor will happen eventually with paid leagues.

A SFL with increased drop rates would be bad for a different reason; People would try it, and returning to the main game would feel bad in comparison. Hi, slippery slope! You're looking delightfully slippery today.

Even with increased drop rates, crafting your own map-worthy gear is still not gonna effing happen. Drop rates are NOT the issue there. The only thing that's going to enable you to reliably craft your own gear is a complete, fundamental overhaul of the crafting system. Do you really feel that is in the works?

SFL proponents have issues with the game that a SFL will not fix. THAT is why I oppose it.

I think a lot of SFL campaigners don't really care about getting to maps with perfect gear, I think they just want to focus on playing the game without having to go through the dreadfully dull and frustratingly necessary trading process. To play in a way that doesn't lead to more time spent spamming WTB/WTS than killing things.

I wanna mention I like your comparison of SFL to hardcore, because it does show that having an official league actually matters for how players play. I'm sure that it would matter to SFL players that they're playing with like-minded people and wouldn't be thinking about an economy to think about. Having most of your human interaction focused on partying rather than trading would likely feel a lot different.

If there were to be a SFL, I'd like it achieve the same as what trading lets you do mechanics wise, but purely in-game.

A solution would be NPC vendors that matter. Being able to turn every form of currency in the game into another, going from a wisdom scrap all the way up to a mirror of kalandra. Any and all gems in the game available, even quality ones. Recipies that let you create any type of item in the game you want, from iron skin granites to shavronne's wrappings. All prices adjusted to item rarity rather than community worth.

The balancing aspect here to make default not seem crap in comparison would be that currently this is all possible to do in the regular game, but by trading. The only difference would be that it's done in-game. To gear up requires no human interaction, searching, waiting, haggling, pricechecking websites full of RMT ads or RMT itself necessary. Yes it would be effort to implement, but that's why SFL should be a paid league like any other will be.

Even without that stuff I would probably still like to try a SFL though, because I'd no longer be making decisions with item worth of other players in mind. I should be chancing for a kaoms or a soul taker, not the unique I'm after! I need to be taking the most lucrative support gems as rewards, not the ones I plan to use! Don't use that orb on this item, a high level player will need it to craft something! Trade it to them for the thing you're after!

All those things pop into my mind because I'm always thinking about how trading for what I want is going to be better than any other alternative. The items that hold more value to the majority of other players are what you're searching for, even if you don't need or want them.

PoEs focus on economy and trading changes the game from being a simple character building ARPG to a farming simulator where all characters and all builds bow down to the holy pricecheck. Which for me means hoarding orbs I'd like to use, knowing there's a more efficient way I could be gearing, it just requires trading instead of playing the game. And why would I be playing a diablo-like ARPG if efficiency wasn't all I care for?

Overall I think SFL could be great for the game if done right. The common suggestions aren't right. But the sentiment is there.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on May 9, 2014, 7:35:39 PM
"
Wooser69 wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
stuff and stuff

I think a lot of SFL campaigners don't really care about getting to maps with perfect gear, I think they just want to focus on playing the game without having to go through the dreadfully dull and frustratingly necessary trading process. To play in a way that doesn't lead to more time spent spamming WTB/WTS than killing things.

I never said perfect gear, though you do bring up a proper point. For the first... oh I dunno, 6 months of playing the game? I never once traded. Yet, I was able to get to maps with everything I found on my own. You absolutely can find all the gear you need to progress to high level maps all by yourself... it's actually not that difficult. Perfect Gear must be crafted, and SFL will not help with this aspect in any way shape or form.

"
Wooser69 wrote:

If there were to be a SFL, I'd like it achieve the same as what trading lets you do mechanics wise, but purely in-game.

...which, as I pointed out above, is pretty much anything but crafting really good gear. If the drop rate was increased tenfold, the odds of getting all the affixes I need still remain the same. Nothing short of changing the crafting system itself will make crafting easier.

"
Wooser69 wrote:

A solution would be NPC vendors that matter.

This. This times a million. I believe the devs are working up to this level of vendor crafting, which IMO is a perfect solution for everyone, traders included. I disagree with some of your more hyperbolic examples (Crafting a Shavs? C'mon now...) but this is pretty much on the mark.

I snipped the rest of your post because I feel this is dragging on, and I can't really argue with the way that you feel. The big takeaway here is that trading is not the problem. Given time and good implementation, I think GGG can keep people happy without just throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on May 9, 2014, 10:31:40 PM
I don´t want to test or play a dedicated sfl server as I enjoy playing selffound on the currently existing servers. Once this gets boring I will have the opportunity to trade and play regular.
yes im so fucking sick of trying to make trades in this game.. but RMT thats some dumb shit what fun is that?
Bump, OP updated with latest results.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Bump, OP updated with latest results.

Where is the real poll that means something because i and probably many that dont want/dont care about a SFL didnt even cast their vote. Also, still the misleading thread title.

And RMT as it is in the thread title would still exist in a SFL it would just switch w´to whole account sales. Way to think inside the box. You imply i dont like POE if i dont like SFL and that is wrong, please dont generalize.

This poll as a whole is not representable for GGG to warrant a SFL, besides, it seems only a 1000 people would want one and compared to total player numbers thats just not enough to warrant a whole league.

As i said before, i got no problem if they would do a SFL 2 week or 1 month race league or even a 4 month league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info