Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Children want candy for breakfast. Adults know not to give it to them because it would be harmful to them. Increased drop rates are like that. They're harmful. The reason you want increased drop rates is so that you can get items you value. The reason you value them is that they're hard to get. See the feedback loop? You'll always want increased drop rates, because you'll always value items you can't get.

Make it so that a solo player can get top of the line gear, and you have to design your game based on the premise that everyone has this gear. Then nothing feels rewarding.

If increasing the drop rates is harmful then so is trading considering that trading is substantially more powerful than increasing the drop rates a little bit.

I totally agree... and have never traded or partied.
just fcking give it up already with this SFL leauge bullshit.

Hope this never happens on the singular fact to make all you whiners cry even more.

https://pastebin.com/Pb4ETGjc
"
whitw0rth wrote:
just fcking give it up already with this SFL leauge bullshit.

Hope this never happens on the singular fact to make all you whiners cry even more.

This made me lol. No point in arguing with crying little kids though. They want their candy and they want it now and then they gotta brush their teeth and they dont want that.
"
glh5 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

It is statistical evidence whether you like it or not.

No it isn't. The poll isn't even close to being statistically relevant, for various reasons. It's just an indicator that some people would like to try a SFL, and that's okay.

It is statistically relevant for many reasons. Do you think when the poll the support in the presidential elections they do it any different? No. Exactly. Cheers.

Hahaha. Yes, in fact the presidential elections polls are done completely differently. You obviously have no clue about statistics so don't argue with me, unless you want to get #rekt.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
glh5 wrote:

It is statistically relevant for many reasons. Do you think when the poll the support in the presidential elections they do it any different? No. Exactly. Cheers.

So, a poll that has many statistical biases is... statistically relevant. gotchya, let me go take a poll on foxnews.com about who should be president, whoa, there's my statistically foolproof relevant information that Hannity should be King of America, put this in your research papers kids! (i exaggerate, but, comparing gallup polls and other legit polls to this one... gimme some of what ur smokin)

this is the type of poll that a middle school statistics teacher shits on and lights on fire. (i went to school in the hood, ive seen some shit)

"
iamstryker wrote:

Don't try arguing about it. This could be an in game poll with over ten thousand votes and they would still complain and try to poke holes in it.

the denial is cringe worthy, if this thread was about something I really wanted, I could still separate myself from it and not let my zeal blind me, i hope you can do the same
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Apr 27, 2014, 1:45:40 PM
Swag, when I made the poll, its purpose was to work out whether interest in *testing* a SFL would be supported by a minority or a majority (or somewhere in between) of players who voted. The thread has been around for quite a while now and the voting pattern has been very consistent over time.

It's far from a perfect poll (most are), but I don't think it's a stretch to say it supports (not proves) the thesis that there is more than a niche group of players that would be interested in testing a SFL.

That being said, it's pretty obvious to me that that is in fact the case. Just look at how quickly SFL/anti-RMT/anti-trade (/ = or) threads are populating on the forums these days.

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Apr 27, 2014, 2:21:31 PM
Funny thing is when the taxes get raised people complain but eventually take it in but when GGG doesnt give you a SFL you make polls and whine hoping they relent. If you were like this when it matters, IRL life would be a lot better for everyone.
"
Funny thing is when the taxes get raised people complain but eventually take it in but when GGG doesnt give you a SFL you make polls and whine hoping they relent. If you were like this when it matters, IRL life would be a lot better for everyone.

Really Dirk?

As it happens, I'm old enough to vote IRL (no idea if you are), whereby taxes are one relevant factor as to how I vote.

Thanks for bumping the thread.

P.
"
let me go take a poll on foxnews.com about who should be president,

Last time I checked this was a forum where everyone congregates, NOT just people who believe one thing. Your critique is unfair at best.

"
if this thread was about something I really wanted, I could still separate myself from it and not let my zeal blind me, i hope you can do the same

Don't assume that's what I am doing. I saw the same denial and unfair critiques from guys like you back when we were trying to do polls on loot options. No matter what the results were or how they were obtained we were still called "the minority" and the results were still critiqued as skewed. Nowadays no one denies that looting options is preferred by the vast majority.

Its plain to see to me that it doesn't matter how good or how big the poll is, people will still whine about results they don't like or agree with. The only thing I care about this poll is how it shows that a large portion of players in the forums clearly prefer that this league gets tested and that there is plenty of support for it. I'm all for an in game poll that has much bigger and more fair results, but I'm anti SFL guys wouldn't want that poll to happen either.

Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on May 9, 2014, 12:08:48 PM
It's definitely amusing to see people compare the system they live in to this online environment. The difference is astounding.

Lets not involve any real life politics, governing or economic principles. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

All that invokes is a major flame fest between people who have different opinions and are mostly unable to have a controlled discussion about it... And worth noting; this is one thing we can actually compare to the situation here on forum (sadly).
Life is tough... but it is tougher if you're stupid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info