Love playing PoE? Tired of trading or RMT - or do you enjoy either? Vote here!

"
Mythicpoe wrote:
I voted, guess you gotta keep in mind alot of people who play the game regularly do not visit the forums.
So it wouldn't actually be an accurate poll at all.

I also suggest playing Ambush league if you enjoy getting loads of items (mainly from boxes, obviously)

Sure, and there are a lot of people who don't play the game at all now (or any more) who won't vote. Do you think it would be more accurate if we didn't have any poll and just debated what the result should be?

P.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
Mythicpoe wrote:
I voted, guess you gotta keep in mind alot of people who play the game regularly do not visit the forums.
So it wouldn't actually be an accurate poll at all.

I also suggest playing Ambush league if you enjoy getting loads of items (mainly from boxes, obviously)

Sure, and there are a lot of people who don't play the game at all now (or any more) who won't vote. Do you think it would be more accurate if we didn't have any poll and just debated what the result should be?

P.

I honestly think polls created by anyone on the forums who is not a GGG employee is going to be very inaccurate.
I suggest rallying together to try and get the attention of a developer to actually do a legitimate poll? Maybe then we will see some results.
I've added my vote. I haven't played since beta finished but I'm a long time advocate of SFL...
"
"
Mythicpoe wrote:

I honestly think polls created by anyone on the forums who is not a GGG employee is going to be very inaccurate.
I suggest rallying together to try and get the attention of a developer to actually do a legitimate poll? Maybe then we will see some results.

I disagree

Can you elaborate why you disagree, bermal? (putting aside the fact that you're a well known troll and have some sort of infatuation with me)
I think it would get ALOT more attention if a developer were to make a legitimate poll.
No doubt the poll is inaccurate, it is the nature of polls.

Whether it has a positive or negative bias is debatable, as I would posit that most of the proponents of a SFL are players who haven't played PoE or have ceased to play PoE.

On the other hand, I would argue that most players who browse the forum and vote are players who, by the very fact they still browse the forums and likely play the game, are at least somewhat satisfied with the current trading meta.

In any case, biased one way or other - the results are stark and suggest there is material player support for GGG to look further into testing a dedicated SFL.

Petrov.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Mar 30, 2014, 2:17:50 AM
"

I'd be careful with those personal attacks if I were you

And no I don't think I need to elaborate on why your statement is false

Thanks for proving my point, BerMal.

@Petrov
I think it would be wise to reach out to an employee and try get a legitimate poll underway.
It would be much more official and get alot more attention - that's all I'm saying.
"
Mythicpoe wrote:
"

I'd be careful with those personal attacks if I were you

And no I don't think I need to elaborate on why your statement is false

Thanks for proving my point, BerMal.

@Petrov
I think it would be wise to reach out to an employee and try get a legitimate poll underway.
It would be much more official and get alot more attention - that's all I'm saying.

Mythicpoe - I have done - Qarl and Chris were made aware of the poll and the original thread at its inception a week or so ago. Whether or how they chose to use it is, of course, a matter entirely for them.

P.

Had to vote no.

No information on rulesets and such.Could be a self found league with trade enabled and no level cap party play for all I know.

Which would be a waste of time.

=p
Last edited by Temper on Mar 30, 2014, 4:32:18 AM
"
Temper wrote:
Had to vote no.

No information on rulesets and such.Could be a self found league with trade enabled and no level cap party play for all I know.

Which would be a waste of time.

=p

Just curious, why didn't you vote "maybe, depending on the details of implementation", given what you've said above? Or are you against testing a sfl regardless of how GGG might implement it?

Thanks for reading the post in any case.

P.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
So far we have:
83% in favour of testing a dedicated SFL
7% not in favour of testing a dedicated SFL
10% maybe in favour, depending on the details

Except the minor detail that of those people, 100% chose to click on a thread titled "love poe? Tired of trading and rmt?" so they could participate in it. I'd be more concerned that you didn't manage to get 100% votes in favor given the way it was worded.

lurn2survey

If someone had access to a list of active PoE player account names (and not just those that participate in forum) it would be interesting to try to survey people randomly. I suspect that only official GGG staff would get a sufficiently high response rate to draw conclusions.
The questions would have to be worded carefully and non-responses factored in to the margin of error I'm not sure how they determine that on small surveys, would it still be p>.0x?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info