Shockingly strong flamethrower build (Incinerate + Three Dragons)

Using a 6L Infernal Mantle with a level 15 Incinerate, I have 5.7k LMP dps and 4.1k GMP dps with Herald of Ice.

Links are: Incinerate(15/20) + LMP(14/10)/GMP(19/20) + Added Chaos(18/0) + Fast Cast(20/23) + Echo(17/0) + Faster Projectiles(19/20)

Was really surprised by the damage incinerate gives while being relatively fucking tanky when compared to builds of the same damage and price. I can run all map mods other than no regen, unless it's paired along with blood magic.
Last edited by startingova on Sep 7, 2014, 10:03:49 PM
"
startingova wrote:
Using a 6L Infernal Mantle with a level 15 Incinerate, I have 5.7k LMP dps and 4.1k GMP dps with Herald of Ice.

Links are: Incinerate(15/20) + LMP(14/10)/GMP(19/20) + Added Chaos(18/0) + Fast Cast(20/23) + Echo(17/0) + Faster Projectiles(19/20)

Was really surprised by the damage incinerate gives while being relatively fucking tanky when compared to builds of the same damage and price. I can run all map mods other than no regen, unless it's paired along with blood magic.

wow. 30% increased fire damage and +1 fire gems translates to doubling your dps. You are using a 6L where I only have a 5L but still.
I'm at 2200 tooltip dps on lvl 17 Incinerate, at lvl 75 using 5L Lightning Coil.
Tooltip dps with casters is always largely irrelevant and misleading but wow. In this case we see how effective Infernal Mantle is.
The kicker is a pretty bad one though ( 100% increased spell damage taken)

I like the survivability Lightning Coil offers and I'm raping face anyways.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 7, 2014, 10:43:03 PM
im curious , would this build work with dual totem instead of selfcasting ? does three dragons effect works on the totems ?
"
Holg wrote:
im curious , would this build work with dual totem instead of selfcasting ? does three dragons effect works on the totems ?

It can work but your DPS will be much lower because you need to link it to a spell totem. This alone will hurt your DPS and it will also cost you 1 link out of 6 max. Dual totem is a lot safer though.

Three dragons works. I am using a dual flame totem build and usually the floor is littered with blue (shocked) mobs.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Brain farting, removed
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 8, 2014, 3:47:08 AM
Removed...again lol
Toying with legacy Saffell's Frame. I can't justify it even with +5 max resists.

It all comes together after lvl 77 or so, when you got 60 block/70 spell block or so.
I liked the idea of legacy Saffell's Frame saving me passive points bu then I realized I lose spell power with no reg block , and the Cybil's stops being of use. Then you're just looking at a totally different build.
And zero physical block is complete fail. No way Saffell's is better.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 9, 2014, 5:44:33 PM
Does the build work without the shock nodes in the tree?
And without the added lightning gem?
Last edited by wwwZugZugorc on Sep 10, 2014, 10:19:10 AM
nope. Incinerate doesn't do enough damage per hit to generate shock status. You really need some % to shock, be it form tree or ALD.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
again sorry everyone for my late response

Spoiler

"
startingova wrote:

Yes infernal mantle is a very good DPS-boost. However, i would not advise using it due to the lack of defensive stats on it. COD or LC provides way better survivability

Spoiler
"

wow. 30% increased fire damage and +1 fire gems translates to doubling your dps. You are using a 6L where I only have a 5L but still.
I'm at 2200 tooltip dps on lvl 17 Incinerate, at lvl 75 using 5L Lightning Coil.
Tooltip dps with casters is always largely irrelevant and misleading but wow. In this case we see how effective Infernal Mantle is.
The kicker is a pretty bad one though ( 100% increased spell damage taken)

I like the survivability Lightning Coil offers and I'm raping face anyways.

Yes tooltip for incinerate is very misleading. And yes I would take lightning coil over infernal mantle any day of the week

Spoiler
"

Ofcourse it could work, but in theory anything could work with dual totem :P
As incinerate is a relatively slow spell to begin with (stacks have to build up), using it on totems would make it even slower. The idea of this build is to have insane cast speed, and warp through the maps very fast and kill with insane speed. Using totems this would be completely impossible

Spoiler
"
Removed...again lol
Toying with legacy Saffell's Frame. I can't justify it even with +5 max resists.

It all comes together after lvl 77 or so, when you got 60 block/70 spell block or so.
I liked the idea of legacy Saffell's Frame saving me passive points bu then I realized I lose spell power with no reg block , and the Cybil's stops being of use. Then you're just looking at a totally different build.
And zero physical block is complete fail. No way Saffell's is better.

Yeah two main points:
- saffell's frame is not as good in my opinion
- i don't want to make a build which uses legacy items :D

Having high block is of key importance in this build, its your main source of defence

Spoiler
"
Does the build work without the shock nodes in the tree?
And without the added lightning gem?

Taking the shock nodes in the tree is of key importance
However, if you have enough mana-regen you can swap out Q-ALD for Q-ACD

Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Build of the week (S2E5): 3-dragons incinerate
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154
Last edited by iznobest on Sep 11, 2014, 5:34:18 AM
I have some questions regarding auras.
I tryied a lot of this but my thought are not conclusive.
1) I ma still missing the point of using discipline , the total mana is higher but after reservation is lower then before , so what's the point?
2) I am currently using herald of hice , clarity ,sometimes I add Haste or tempest shield.
Can someone suggest me the best combo?

Thx
Andrea

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info