Shockingly strong flamethrower build (Incinerate + Three Dragons)

Anw, AgniKun ripped at 71 due to desync at Kole (such luck), temporary not rerolling a witch for now.

I was actually thinking of Added Cold Damage + Herald of Ice with Pyre unique (given you can sustain mana reg without one other ring, quite hard imo) for some time, too bad didn't have the opportunity to try it out, will probably do so in a couple weeks.
"
iznobest wrote:
"
DarkManda wrote:
"
mopzi wrote:
build ?

this one

just a fast reply to this:

For my personal preference, i would take the Static blows talent and take all the cast speed nodes that you touch upon (6 points for 24% cast speed). You also miss alot of very important and huge damage nodes (like 20% projectile damage, 18% fire damage etc)

and darkmanda, i have done alot of tests with faster projectiles and deemed it worse than other supports like ALD. However, the increased reach does increase your survivability a bit. I used to use faster proj (20%q) alot, but swapped it out later for more superior support gems

"
The good gem setup (for me) is :
-Incinerate
-LMP
-Echo
-faster cast

then the DPS setup :
-added chaos
-fire penetration

this seems correct. To reduce the mana usesage, you can choose to switch ACD for ALD for a bit lower mana multiplier

To touch upon the questions about atziri: this build is made for insanely fast map clears (huge cast speed for lightning warp) and very high DPS. (map clears for 75 maps of about 5 minutes per map).
So advantage of build:
- Fun to play
- Fast map clears
- Cheap to play
- High dps
- Mobile
Disadvantage:
- Trouble with the toughest bosses (like atziri)
- Not the safest of builds and vulnerable to desync

You can make this build safer, this will however reduce the advantages of the build.
Taking more survivability will obviously reduce your map clear speed and dps

Shocking bosses is certainly possible (Even the higher ones, like 75 map bosses). You just need enough damage on your incinerate and have fire pen+Q-ALD as support gems

How I would make the build with the new tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMDHgSzBVsG6QelCPQMfQz3DkgQWBB_ES0RlhRNFecWbxa_FvMaOBpsHoEfQR_HJKomPCaVJ2Eo-ilPK3gsnC2LL50y0TY9Nok26UVHRXxFnUbXSbJLjU99T69RYFNSVUtdxl3yXh9gbWHiYqxnvWpDaxdsjG0Zc7N8g35ZfuJ_xoBWghCCHoKbgseDOIdli4yMNpBVlSCXl5rgnWOdgJ2qogCio6Sxp4Spla9stMW1BLiTvOrAVMHzxYrGns362wvd89-K37Dhc-Nq44TkIuWO6dXr7uw47SDwH_Br87706fno-tL_HA==

you are absolutly right :)

i think that i am trying to make a more tanky incinerate build wich is not your build strategie.
yours is definitively more powerfull with hudge dps :)
I will make a new thread in the forum for my build and i will add a link to yours because yours is a very nice build :)
Here's the tree I've been using at lvl 88 since a few days.

It has some variations over iznobest tree a few pages back:
- Routing to shadow area by the upper side allows to save one point.
- The central routing in witch area opens up block and flask nodes. With the block nodes, I have 54/69 block which is pretty good :).
- Central link with Stun avoidance passives.

These changes reported to iznobest's tree give:
+5% life
+10 str
+20 dext
-30 intel
50% avoid interruption from stun while casting
Modified tree link

This tree gives me 5250 dps with Herald of Ice.
I'm currently testing with the two fast cast clusters. I may refund one to take the whole Written in blood cluster for more life (3750hp, 1800 unreserved mana with Cloak. Auras used: Clarity, Herald of Ice, Tempest Shield), or the flask nodes.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Aug 30, 2014, 9:57:14 AM
"
Here's the tree I've been using at lvl 88 since a few days.

It has some variations over iznobest tree a few pages back:
- Routing to shadow area by the upper side allows to save one point.
- The central routing in witch area opens up block and flask nodes. With the block nodes, I have 54/69 block which is pretty good :).
- Central link with Stun avoidance passives.

These changes reported to iznobest's tree give:
+5% life
+10 str
+20 dext
-30 intel
50% avoid interruption from stun while casting
Modified tree link

This tree gives me 5250 dps with Herald of Ice.
I'm currently testing with the two fast cast clusters. I may refund one to take the whole Written in blood cluster for more life (3750hp, 1800 unreserved mana with Cloak. Auras used: Clarity, Herald of Ice, Tempest Shield), or the flask nodes.

i made a new tree in the previous page
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Build of the week (S2E5): 3-dragons incinerate
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154
This new tree is much more defensive :). And there are some better ideas indeed. I'll make a few changes. Thanks!

edit: actually these changes were not so good for me because I lose a lot of mana, from ~3000 to 2600 and ends up with less mana regen. I barely have enough to sustain my stuff. I'll try to look for a replacement for my Berek's Grip ; it may be enough to do the trick, and I'll get more life in the process.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Aug 30, 2014, 9:30:37 PM
I apologize if this has been brought up before but has anyone gone for the breath of lightning notable? My route went up there for flame damage anyway, and correct me if I'm wrong but increased shock duration allows us to shock things we wouldn't otherwise be able to right?

The 5 nodes together add 50% increased shock duration and 10% additional shock chance.

I forget the exact numbers but if our shock duration would be less than a certain amount the shock fails, by taking these nodes can we bump that threshold?
Last edited by Omnicide24 on Sep 1, 2014, 10:50:44 AM
"
Omnicide24 wrote:
I apologize if this has been brought up before but has anyone gone for the breath of lightning notable? My route went up there for flame damage anyway, and correct me if I'm wrong but increased shock duration allows us to shock things we wouldn't otherwise be able to right?

The 5 nodes together add 50% increased shock duration and 10% additional shock chance.

I forget the exact numbers but if our shock duration would be less than a certain amount the shock fails, by taking these nodes can we bump that threshold?

most trees people make for this build, do not go passed that node. Therefor you would have to take 3x 10 int, and you also have to take 2x 10% lightning damage

this is too much sacrifice. But I do think the node itself is very good
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Anyone certain if the added shock duration is calculated prior to the shock taking effect therefore allowing shocks vs higher hp mobs? The possibility that occurs to me is that it might take place on the shock duration after the damage vs hp calculation has already taken place to determine if shock is successful.
Last edited by Omnicide24 on Sep 1, 2014, 1:05:48 PM
"
Omnicide24 wrote:
Anyone certain if the added shock duration is calculated prior to the shock taking effect therefore allowing shocks vs higher hp mobs? The possibility that occurs to me is that it might take place on the shock duration after the damage vs hp calculation has already taken place to determine if shock is successful.

All i know that the shock duration of this build is insanely short.
And with 10 hits per second, the next hit should arrive in time for the target to still be shocked
While I appreciate you taking time to answer me what I'm getting at is this. Here are the mechanics copied from the wiki.

Spoiler
The base duration of shock is proportional to the damage dealt by the initial hit of lightning damage relative to the target's maximum life.

Let N be the lightning damage dealt, L be the target's effective maximum life and I the total increased shock duration. The shock duration D in milliseconds is then given by:

If N > L ÷ 3, then N = L ÷ 3
D = P × 276ms × I

Where

P = N ÷ ( L ÷ 100 )

If the duration would be less than 300 milliseconds, the shock effect is not applied. The maximum, unmodified shock duration from lightning damage is 9.2 seconds.

In short we have issues with shocking high life rare mobs or bosses. The shocks simply do not take place because the duration is too short. What I'm trying to decide is if increased shock duration helps with this. I would think it would but then again it might increase the duration of a successful shock only.
Last edited by Omnicide24 on Sep 1, 2014, 2:24:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info