Shockingly strong flamethrower build (Incinerate + Three Dragons)

As i dont play POE myself anymore, i want to thank everyone for answering people's questions that have been posted here over the time. Also people still using, updating and posting new idea how this build progresses with the new patches: thanks all!

~izno
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Build of the week (S2E5): 3-dragons incinerate
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154
Here is a little update about my take, as I finally managed to get my hands on a 6L CoD. I respecced one of my old character and now it's lvl76.

My gem setup:
Incinerate - Faster Casting - Spell Echo - Added Lightning dmg - Mana Leech - Fire penetration (so nothing new)

CWDT(lvl5) - Immortal Call(lvl7) - Molten Shell(lvl12) - Increased Duration. When I will have more HP, I may let it move a little higher, but now it's safe.

Flame Totem - Chaos Golem - Minion Life - Minion resist.
Even though Incinerate technically a ranged skill, its radius is so short that you are practically in melee range to most enemies while the range attackers are usually are out of my range. So I needed one additional dmg source (the totem) and beside that I chose the Chaos Golem as it is both a decoy and it gives a small phys dmg mitigation as well.

Tempest Shield - Arctic Armour - Increased Duration - Reduced Mana.
A little modified defence setup than the original was.

Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Elemental Weakness.
It was in the Doryani scepter, until I realized, that this way it reserves 35% mana instead of 25% and moved it into the shield. I always prefer auto curse, because in this way I can't forget to apply it in the heat of a battle :) HoT lightning dmg is a good pair to the Tempest Shield as well.

Clarity - Vaal Grace - Vaal Summon Skeletons.
The last resort for boss fights and opening boxes. Defense boost and additional targets to any enemy.

I skipped the Lightning Warp trio, as I don't really like it. It uses three slots to work properly and works well only towards the endgame, when its two support gems are levelled up. Plus you need a clear LoS to your destination - simply put not my cup of tea. I uses a 4L boot with +30% IMS and I'm fine with it.

With this setup (and with no quality on any gems) I have 13,5k tooltip at lvl76. have a little low HP (3k), but I can do 3-4 level lower maps and have levels ahead of me to allocate points to HP nodes.

The passive tree at lvl76:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMABAcEswj0EFgRLRZvFr8abBzcHwIfxyL0JKomlSj6Ko0reCycLYsyNDLRNtg26TpYQYdCS0SrRUdFnUbXSRtMs1BCUzVTUlVLVa5VxlcpXfJewGHiZlRqQ2sXbAttGXGFcg98g35Zf8aCEIKbgseD24V7hcWHZYhajDaPppMnlG-Xl5o7muCdY52uogCksacIrJivt7FCtDi3PriTvOrAVMBm2L3audrd34rfsN--4XPjauUZ5Y7r7uw47FXxbPno-_X-Cg==
Last edited by halaci on Aug 22, 2015, 2:33:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info