Shockingly strong flamethrower build (Incinerate + Three Dragons)

Spell echo rocks , just try it.

Anyway I am trying another gear settings

With this settings I rised my tooltip dps from 7700 to 8800.
The life leech lost is compensated by 1% life leech in belt 1% in Amulet , and if needed I can craft 1% on wand also.
I lost about 300 hp of life let's how it works , I am missing some life nodes that I'll take in the next fiew lvls .
Dominus dies almost instant ( it seems less than 1 sec) in all forms.
Another options with this settings is to use in boss fight where higher res lvl is advisable without loosing to much dps

Also I have a question isn't better take 10% spell damage at the start of the witch tree instead the 10% more fire spell dmg ? The first one should work with all damage also lighning and chaos added damage isnt'it?
Also I am wondering if could be an improvement drop the lightning added dmg with chaos dmg, I 'll have to check if I'll be able to shocks mobs also dropping the bonus in schock chance of the gem.
Last edited by Claustrox on Oct 10, 2014, 3:29:03 AM
"
DutchRudder wrote:
Hey man, here is what I came up with for the new tree and an update on my gear for people to compare

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wMeBAcEswVbBukHHgelCPQOSA-rEZYUTRZvFr8XLxpsHRQegR9BH8ckqiaVJ2EnqSqNKw0reCycLR8tizY9Nok22DbpOlhFR0bXSRtJUUmyS41Ms099T69RYFVLVcZV1l3GXfJfKmBtYeJirGTnZp5nvWpDaxdsjG0ZbWx-4n_GgFaApIIQgh6DOIPbi4yMNo9GkFWVIJUum6GdgJ2qogCio6mVrJi0xbUEvOrAGsBUwfPLvdsL3fPfit-w4XPjauOE5CLmgevk7FXtIPAf8NXxbPO-9On31_rS_xw=

when i hit level 94 and get rid of the last +30 str node i can get the last 2 life nodes near templar area

Gear
Spoiler

Trying to upgrade my gloves so i can get rid of the last str node as the new tree has alot more dex then the old one and working on new flask upgrades

Still the funnest and strongest build ive played, also strong in PvP (except vs tempest shield max spell block><)

(the purity auras are for situational/levelling use and i will turn off discipline to use them)

Defence Stats
Spoiler
Life: 4253 (missing 2 x 6% nodes still)
Mana:4778 (unreserved 1258)
Mana Regen: 450 exact
Block/Spellblock: 62/75
Evasion: 14%

Offense Stats
Spoiler
Incinerate DPS: 5.9k (lvl 16 HoI) using faster proj instead of faster casting
12.2 casts per sec
15% shock chance
50% inc shock duration

Defensive mechanics
level 21 AA + cloak of defiance = huge damage reduction
Tempest shield has 8% chance to freeze on crit, this can be linked to mana leech on very hard half or no regen maps and turn HoI off for a 1975 unreserved mana buffer. Can also be linked to blind for certain maps/bosses
CwDT + enduring cry + immortal call + inc duration = great physical damage protection, especially against charging or leaping mobs and big boss hits
CwDT + molten shell + frost wall is such a strong defence when mixed with AA high block and MoM, molten shell will leech 1% fire damage which helps alot and also helps vs physical degens while frost wall totally owns any ranged mobs who will completely stop attacking you while you can still hit them, easily the best defensive skill for this build also great for when your getting swarmed by strong melee.
8 life on hit a 12.2 x 3 = 292.8 instant life per sec per mob being hit, then factor in 1% fire damage leeched as life

This is all about reducing burst damage which is what will kill you in this game, I can even slot in a 20% temporal chains or enfeeble into my helm CwDT setup and move AA to my shield

OR you can put curse on hit + whatever curse and link it to tempest shield to make an even stronger defensive option. Added chaos/lightning damage and added cold damage can also be linked to tempest shield and I will still have 1495 mana unreserved which is great for fast hitting monster maps

There are so many possibilities with this build and i am still very thankful to Izno for lighting the way ;)

Sorry, im really not following the scene anymore. But i want to thank you dutchrudder for taking the build to a next level. At least a couple of steps higher than i was :D
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Build of the week (S2E5): 3-dragons incinerate
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154
removed
theory-shadow: http://tinyurl.com/l3nu76x | puncture
Last edited by mokaiba on Oct 24, 2014, 7:29:16 AM
"
DutchRudder wrote:
Hey man, here is what I came up with for the new tree and an update on my gear for people to compare

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAnEC4wMeBAcEswVbBukHHgelCPQOSA-rEZYUTRZvFr8XLxpsHRQegR9BH8ckqiaVJ2EnqSqNKw0reCycLR8tizY9Nok22DbpOlhFR0bXSRtJUUmyS41Ms099T69RYFVLVcZV1l3GXfJfKmBtYeJirGTnZp5nvWpDaxdsjG0ZbWx-4n_GgFaApIIQgh6DOIPbi4yMNo9GkFWVIJUum6GdgJ2qogCio6mVrJi0xbUEvOrAGsBUwfPLvdsL3fPfit-w4XPjauOE5CLmgevk7FXtIPAf8NXxbPO-9On31_rS_xw=

when i hit level 94 and get rid of the last +30 str node i can get the last 2 life nodes near templar area

Gear
Spoiler

Trying to upgrade my gloves so i can get rid of the last str node as the new tree has alot more dex then the old one and working on new flask upgrades

Still the funnest and strongest build ive played, also strong in PvP (except vs tempest shield max spell block><)

(the purity auras are for situational/levelling use and i will turn off discipline to use them)

Defence Stats
Spoiler

Offense Stats
Spoiler
12.2 casts per sec
15% shock chance
50% inc shock duration

Defensive mechanics
Tempest shield has 8% chance to freeze on crit, this can be linked to mana leech on very hard half or no regen maps and turn HoI off for a 1975 unreserved mana buffer. Can also be linked to blind for certain maps/bosses
CwDT + enduring cry + immortal call + inc duration = great physical damage protection, especially against charging or leaping mobs and big boss hits
CwDT + molten shell + frost wall is such a strong defence when mixed with AA high block and MoM, molten shell will leech 1% fire damage which helps alot and also helps vs physical degens while frost wall totally owns any ranged mobs who will completely stop attacking you while you can still hit them, easily the best defensive skill for this build also great for when your getting swarmed by strong melee.
8 life on hit a 12.2 x 3 = 292.8 instant life per sec per mob being hit, then factor in 1% fire damage leeched as life

This is all about reducing burst damage which is what will kill you in this game, I can even slot in a 20% temporal chains or enfeeble into my helm CwDT setup and move AA to my shield

OR you can put curse on hit + whatever curse and link it to tempest shield to make an even stronger defensive option. Added chaos/lightning damage and added cold damage can also be linked to tempest shield and I will still have 1495 mana unreserved which is great for fast hitting monster maps

There are so many possibilities with this build and i am still very thankful to Izno for lighting the way ;)

Hey, do you think you could do a video/screenshots of dom and endgame map bosses getting shocked? What's your fire tooltip? I've always thought that incinerate+3D without focusing on fire (cold to fire etc) has trouble shocking endgame bosses with its low fire tooltip and so far the only screenshot I've seen shocking dominus is Hack's dual cybil blazer which uses CTF.

People like to say that it shocks everything, but when asked for evidence, it's never provided. Also when I try it with what I take to be a relatively decent fire damage tooltip on incinerate (232-400), I can't even shock dom, let alone 75+ map bosses (with fire pen and ele weakness). Even with 660-1080 fire tooltip with pen, shocking palace dom is only about 50%.

I know there are some in the OP from a while ago which show shock, but updated ones would be nice (post-patch necro merveil is a lot tougher).
Last edited by MIJOTHY on Oct 25, 2014, 8:28:58 AM
Any thoughts on Herald of Thunder? How does it compare to herald of ice in this build?
I'll try as soon I 'll manage to grap one.
I managed to clean Atziri without trouble with this build
"
MIJOTHY wrote:
"
DutchRudder wrote:

Tree
Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler

Defence Stats
Spoiler

Offense Stats
Spoiler
12.2 casts per sec
15% shock chance
50% inc shock duration

Defensive mechanics

Hey, do you think you could do a video/screenshots of dom and endgame map bosses getting shocked? What's your fire tooltip? I've always thought that incinerate+3D without focusing on fire (cold to fire etc) has trouble shocking endgame bosses with its low fire tooltip and so far the only screenshot I've seen shocking dominus is Hack's dual cybil blazer which uses CTF.

People like to say that it shocks everything, but when asked for evidence, it's never provided. Also when I try it with what I take to be a relatively decent fire damage tooltip on incinerate (232-400), I can't even shock dom, let alone 75+ map bosses (with fire pen and ele weakness). Even with 660-1080 fire tooltip with pen, shocking palace dom is only about 50%.

I know there are some in the OP from a while ago which show shock, but updated ones would be nice (post-patch necro merveil is a lot tougher).

this has been an ongoing discussion for so long.

hence i made this video of the palace map, high HP blue mobs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h528HQdxe38&list=UU9WNSEmJ5EtQBKJRW-JTLWA

there is no question that it can shock high HP monsters. The only things i could not shock
-vaal in maze
- palace map boss
- vaal ruins/atziri
Isnobest. This post was created in a facility that handles peanuts and may contain traces of nuts
Build of the week (S2E5): 3-dragons incinerate
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/856154
"
iznobest wrote:

this has been an ongoing discussion for so long.

hence i made this video of the palace map, high HP blue mobs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h528HQdxe38&list=UU9WNSEmJ5EtQBKJRW-JTLWA

there is no question that it can shock high HP monsters. The only things i could not shock
-vaal in maze
- palace map boss
- vaal ruins/atziri

Sure, it's been an ongoing discussion for so long. There are a couple reasons for that.

Firstly, those aren't map bosses (far from it), merc dom, heavy rares or even just rares. I don't think people have ever really doubted that a general 3d incinerate build could shock blues, but blues are almost never an issue. Killing a tough 75+ map boss or vaal aura bubble bro 50% faster, though, is huge.

Secondly, that video was made prior to the shock-stack changes. With the changes to shock, one might argue that it is harder to keep enemies shocked as the damage boost is only 50%, rather than 90%. Hence retaining the minimum shock duration on already-shocked enemies is more difficult.

A few people have claimed that 3d incinerate can still easily shock (basically) everything without focusing on fire damage, but whenever they've been challenged, they haven't produced evidence to prove their claim. I've been testing out 3d incinerate for the majority of this league so it's not as if I'm completely ignorant on the subject.

Here's a video of merciless dominus with 323-484 fire tooltip failing to be shocked reliably. As you can see, he does get shocked twice but both times for the minimum duration and it fails to be sustained. Hence it is, essentially, a discountable DPS boost on targets with as much adjusted HP as dom (by that, I mean a target with more fire res can have less HP than dom but be just as difficult to shock, and vice-versa). Merc dom is hardly the strongest enemy out there, and 323-484 fire tooltip is more than the vast majority of non-pyre/cold-to-fire incinerators have (of course, they have other elements/chaos/faster casting too instead, but that's irrelevant for the purposes of 3d shock).

I did the run without cursing elemental weakness because on some endgame map bosses, one may wish to swap in enfeeble in some scenarios (e.g. palace dom, maze vaal, necro merv). However, 323-484 fire tooltip is the equivalent of (against a 0% res enemy - which is a 37% res enemy facing 37% fire pen) cursing 40% ele weakness with 231-345 tooltip. Much more achievable, but bear in mind that this fails to reliably shock even merciless dominus and also precludes the usage of utility/survivability curses.

Regardless, it would be interesting to see if I'm completely wrong on the matter by someone producing conclusive evidence - a video of not mere sporadic shocking of a tough 75+ map boss, but the boss being basically permanently shocked. If a boss is shocked only 40% of the time, that's only a 20% damage boost, which makes the 3d route somewhat less standout in the DPS department (compared to alternatives, who can get higher tooltip)). Sure, it's nice to see the shock effect on whites/blues, but it's more cosmetic than effective if it can't be relied upon in situations where it confers the most benefit.
Last edited by MIJOTHY on Oct 31, 2014, 10:34:54 AM
"
MasterHowii wrote:
Any thoughts on Herald of Thunder? How does it compare to herald of ice in this build?
It does a bit more damage and has more utility: destroy breakables, can be linked to curse on hit. Overall I'd say it's better.

@MIJOTHY: I've tried a normal dominus run. It "looked" like I could consistently shock him during first phase, and he was never shocked during second one. I have very average fire with around 205-305.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Nov 2, 2014, 6:28:22 AM
Here is my more defensive version. Lvl 87 now, farm Dominus, do high level maps but my problem is the Vaal twins in Apex. I have about 4800 HP.

My gear:

Only difference is for high level bosses I take IR out of tab and put in lvl 19 fc. Tooltip DPS with FC is about 5k for incinerate, 9k molten shell and just about 3k for totem.

Resists are all at 75%
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Nov 3, 2014, 12:40:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info